Guidelines of Admission to be Followed for Admission to the Undergraduate Programmes in the Regular Colleges for the Academic Session 2014-2015:-
1. Applicants seeking admission to the first year of B.A. Programme, B.A. (Hons.), Social Work, B.A. (Hons.) Geog., B. Com. and B. Com. (Hons.) can apply through an application form enclosed with the prospectus. In the case of B.El.Ed. programme and B.A. (Honours) Hindi Journalism, applicants are required to apply respectively to the Department of Education and the Department of Hindi, University of Delhi.
2. Admissions to the college are made purely on the basis of merit and admissions to a course are closed once the seats are filled.
3. Notifications regarding admission to various courses will be displayed on the college notice board. Any individual intimation regarding admission will not be sent.
4. All admissions will be provisional and subject to confirmation by the University of Delhi.
5. Admissions to all courses are to be routed through the admission committee constituted for the purpose, and its decision shall be binding in all admission- related matters.
6. No student shall be denied admission on the basis of gap period.
7. The minimum percentage of marks required for admission to B.A. Programme is 40% for B.A. (Hons.) and B. Com (Hons.), it is 45%.
8. Students from a University or a board other than that of Delhi are required to produce a Migration Certificate from the University or Board.
9. A candidate selected for admission will be required to submit a duly filled college admission form (enclosed in the prospectus) along with the original certificates and attested/self attested photocopies of:-
10. Qualifying examinations for the purpose of admission to the first year of under graduate courses offered in the college shall be “Senior School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the Central Board of Secondary Education or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the University of Delhi. Candidates from vocational courses would be considered on the basis of individual merit and availability of seats and not as per general merit.”
11. Candidates once admitted are required to deposit the prescribed admission fees within a period specified in the notice of admission. Failure to deposit fees within prescribed period will lead to automatic cancellation of admission.
12. A student who wishes to leave the institution must apply in writing to the principal with her application countersigned by her guardian or parent. The refund of fees shall be made in accordance to the University Rules.
13. Admission on the basis of sports distinctions will be considered only if the achievement pertain to the preceding three years. The admissions will be done according to the University norms. At the time of submission of admission forms, photocopy/copies of the highest sports achievement/s along with corresponding game/s should be attached. The certificate/s should be accredited by the Indian Olympic Association (I.O.A.), the Association Indian University (A.I.U.) and the School Games Federation of Indian (S.G.F.I.). Kindly note the following:-
14. 3% Seats are reserved for the Physically Handicapped Candidates for admission to Under-Graduate Courses. Physically Handicapped candidates who secure admission on merit in the general category would not be counted in the 3% quota.
15. Procedure for admission of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward class (OBC) candidates, Kashmiri migrants and children/widows/wives of Armed Personnel disabled/killed in action or those who died/were disabled while on duty:-
16. At the request of a student, the college may transfer the student from Honours to Pass Course, depending upon availability of seats and if the student fulfills the eligibility criteria.
17. The change of subject for B.A. Programme is subject to availability of seats and other requirements.
18. For any clarification regarding admission process and reservation in admission, please visit the university website www.du.ac.in