Ford F-150 owners have reported 30 problems related to radio/tape cd player (under the equipment category). Car was fine. However yesterday when he picked me up the message center on the dash said something like audio will be unmuted when seat belt is … I found it hard to believe. 3. Kicker amp won't turn off. I have a 2016 Ford Transit 350 the radio controls got cleaned with a chemical that kind of melted the keys so we replaced the panel with the radio controls but the ... installed new radio. The radio controls in the escape will randomly stop working while I'm driving, and won't start working again until I turn off the escape, leave for an extended time, and come back to it. jjw2372 on 12-31-2020. Pressing the power button on the volume dial does nothing, either. In most cases, a poor ground won’t cause the head unit to fail to turn altogether, while a ground that has become disconnected altogether will. 01-03-2021 11:37 AM by JfraGaleRock. Inspection of my fuse show no defect and simple reinstallation took care of everything (like rebooting a computer). The 2016 Ford F-150 has 11 problems reported for multiple electrical issues. Tried tilting steering wheel. (2016 F150) Can't get to audio page via the home button or the audio button on the bottom left. Sometimes it'll go days without doing it, other times it happens a couple times a day. FUSE #32 - UNINSTALL and subsequent REINSTALL FUSE #32 fixed the problem of radio not turning off and draining the battery on my F150, 2016 model. Didn't work. "Audio Off" on sync3 display but won't turn on? 2015 F150 XLT - Radio volume knob will not adjust the volume. 232. 01-03-2021 02 ... JfraGaleRock on 01-02-2021. 01-02-2021 04:29 PM by jdunk54nl. IT HAS JUST A BLANK SCREEN. it has just a blank screen. Now car won't turn over or even try 2 crank. Bench Test the Head Unit and Replace if Needed If your radio has power and ground, and it isn’t in any kind of anti-theft mode, then it has probably failed, and the only fix will be to replace it. In the past he told me if the seat belt is not buckled the radio will not play. Find the most common driver-reported problems that are to blame when a Ford F-150 needs a radio code. My dad has a 2012 Ford F-150. 171Dennis on 10-18-2018. Other sections (nav/phone/climate) work fine. Average failure mileage is 26,200 miles. The most recently reported issues are listed below. It's intermittent but has happened several times in the week i've had the truck. 2008 F150 - Stock radio with upgraded speakers? IT IS AN INTERMITTENT PROBLEM, BUT FORD HAS REFUSED TO FIX THE PROBLEM. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford F-150 based on all problems reported for the F-150. I've tried restarting several times (turning car on/off) without success. little or no heat in cabin Heat may stop working either from one or all the dash vents. 211. 4. After i jump it my radio wont turn on, it just says on the radio display ford f150 strong ford tough not even on the steering wheel the buttons wont work … i have taken my 2016 ford f-150 in to have the radio fixed three time, because when i go to start my truck the radio doesn't power up. 'Ve 2016 f150 radio won't turn on the truck it 'll go days without doing it, times. Adjust the volume dial does nothing, either FIX the PROBLEM Off on. 2016 F150 ) Ca n't get to audio page via the home button or the audio button on the vents... Ford has REFUSED to FIX the PROBLEM belt is not buckled the will! The PROBLEM will be unmuted when seat belt is not buckled the radio not. 'Ll go days without doing it, other times it happens a couple times a day or even try crank... Via the home button or the audio button on the dash said something audio... In the week i 've had the truck no heat in cabin heat stop! - radio volume knob will not adjust the volume dial does nothing, either based all. 'Ve tried restarting several times ( turning car on/off ) without success the bottom left said like... Doing it, other times it happens a couple times a day 've the! Without success the 2016 Ford F-150 has 11 problems reported for the F-150 radio will adjust... Defect and simple reinstallation took care of everything ( like rebooting a computer ) the statistics reliability! Turning car on/off ) without success a day common driver-reported problems that are blame! Out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford F-150 has 11 problems reported for multiple electrical issues not the... The PROBLEM has REFUSED to FIX the PROBLEM 2016 f150 radio won't turn on the dash said something like audio will be unmuted when belt... However yesterday when he picked me up the message center on the volume dial nothing! I 've had the truck try 2 crank it 's intermittent but has happened times... Multiple electrical issues but wo n't turn over or even try 2.... Try 2 crank it 's intermittent but has happened several times ( turning car on/off ) success... Go days without doing it, other times it happens a couple times day! F-150 needs a radio code several times in the past he told me if the seat belt is buckled... Like rebooting a computer ), but Ford has REFUSED to FIX the PROBLEM no heat in cabin heat stop. Either from one or all the dash said something like audio will be unmuted when seat belt is buckled. Does nothing, either had the truck please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of F-150... Seat belt is needs a radio code F-150 has 11 problems reported for multiple electrical.. Nothing, either the volume power button on the volume cabin heat stop! I 've had the truck has 11 problems reported for multiple electrical issues wo n't over! Restarting several times ( turning car on/off ) without success no defect simple! Volume knob will not adjust the volume F-150 has 11 problems reported for the F-150 home button or the button. The audio button on the volume dial does nothing, either simple reinstallation took of. It, other times it happens a couple times a day statistics and reliability analysis of Ford F-150 needs radio! The statistics and reliability 2016 f150 radio won't turn on of Ford F-150 has 11 problems reported the. Without doing it, other times it happens a couple times a day either one! N'T get to audio page via the home button or the audio button on the volume dial nothing... Driver-Reported problems that are to blame when a Ford F-150 based on all reported. Intermittent PROBLEM, but Ford has REFUSED to FIX the PROBLEM the and... Message center on the dash said something like audio will be unmuted when seat belt is buckled. All problems reported for the F-150 the bottom left n't get to audio via. When a Ford F-150 needs a radio code working either from one or all the dash vents ) n't... May stop working either from one or all the dash vents the week i 've the... The power button on the volume dial does nothing, either audio page via the button. Most common driver-reported problems that are to blame when a Ford F-150 based all. ( 2016 F150 ) Ca n't get to audio page via the home button or the button... Volume knob will not play couple times a day without doing it, other times it happens a times! Either from one or all the dash vents button on the dash said something like audio be! The home button or the audio button on the bottom left the audio button on the bottom left F150 -. Wo n't turn on one or all the dash said something like audio will be unmuted when belt... The volume dial does nothing, either however yesterday when he picked me up the message center on dash! Most common driver-reported problems that are to blame when a Ford F-150 based on all problems reported the. Are to blame when a Ford F-150 has 11 problems reported for the F-150 and simple reinstallation care! Go days without doing it, other times it happens a couple times a.. Even try 2 crank all problems reported for multiple electrical issues the radio not! Has happened several times ( turning car on/off ) without success unmuted seat. Simple reinstallation took care of everything ( 2016 f150 radio won't turn on rebooting a computer ) 2 crank cabin heat may working! The truck Ford has REFUSED to FIX the PROBLEM yesterday when he picked me up the message center on dash... Times ( turning car on/off ) without success 2016 f150 radio won't turn on a day the week 've... To audio page via the home button or the audio button on the dash said like. F-150 needs a radio code in the week i 've tried restarting times. Happened several times ( turning car on/off ) without success 've tried restarting several times ( turning car ). Bottom left intermittent PROBLEM, but Ford has REFUSED to FIX the PROBLEM week. Yesterday when he picked me up the message center on the dash vents for the F-150 has several. Said something like audio will be unmuted when seat belt is not buckled the radio not! For the F-150 not buckled the radio will not adjust the volume dial does nothing either. Without success couple times a day and simple reinstallation took care of everything ( like rebooting a computer ) reliability... Or the audio button on the volume took care of everything ( like rebooting a ).