Looking for information on the anime Shoujo Kakumei Utena: Adolescence Mokushiroku (Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolescence of Utena)? 少女革命ウテナ, Shōjo Kakumei Utena, dt. The Adolescence of Utena is set at an alternative universe of some sort, where the basis of the story is the same as the show but with many alterations. September 26, 2017 September 27, 2017 ~ bristlebristle. Welche Kriterien es beim Bestellen Ihres Honda becker zu analysieren gibt. Find out more with MyAnimeList, the world's most active online anime and manga community and database. Adolescence of Utena (少女革命ウテナ アドゥレセンス黙示録; lit.Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse; also released in English as Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie), is a 1999 anime film followup to the Revolutionary Girl Utena anime series, produced by JC Staff, directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara, and written by Yoji Enokido. All eyes are on Utena Tenjou, a mysterious transfer student to Ohtori Academy. Utena. It's so tempting to beat on the very savaged horse that is Freudian psychoanalysis, but a clear argument can be made here for Jung having just as much to say! utena-explained:. There’s readings of the characters that I’ve never seen before popping up on Tumblr all the time. ANALYSIS. Read my Utena analysis! raeghne:. That's perhaps the difficulty of creating a animated film told primarily through symbolism, but surprisingly, it works rather well. The 1999 movie Shoujo Kakumei Utena: Adolescence Mokushiroku (The Adolescence of Utena or simply Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie in the States), by contrast, makes the romantic nature of Utena and Anthy's relationship plainly obvious. But Utena, you look around online and there’s still all this fantastic analysis going on. You can find links to the original posts here and here. (This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Adolescence of Utena article. Adolescence of Utena was the brainchild of Ikuhara specifically, who pulled BePapas back together for a reiminaging of the Utena universe as a film, which was released in theaters in Japan in 1999. I’m surprised to read the comments of those who didn’t really get into the show; I enjoyed “Utena” immensely and thought its charm, subtlety, and complexity were all thrilling. The emotional weight of the ending was incredible. Ryorin said: 24 January 2014 at 2:39 pm. Movie symbolism analysis! Not just movie symbolism analysis, Jungian movie symbolism analysis! Wir haben im genauen Honda becker Test uns die genialsten Artikel verglichen sowie alle wichtigsten Merkmale verglichen. 1.1 The Manga; 1.2 Adolescence Apocalypse: The Utena Movie; 1.3 The Anime; 2 Akio and Anthy's relationship as an example of an abusive battering relationship. The Adolescence of Utena is a variant on the MDYRL theme: ... I’ve thought about doing a detailed analysis, but the effort involved in an episodic review of Revolutionary Girl Utena makes me cringe away from the idea every time. CharactersThe Adolescence of Utena is a very difficult movie to analyze on a character standpoint, because aside from Utena and Anthy, none of the characters undergo much change, and some of them aren't even featured for very long to have much of an impact. He does indeed still have a car, but he’s lost the keys. Revolutionary Girl (jap. Mod Moo: The pictures represent the rider’s state of mind slowly descending into a mental breakdown. I’ve seen people do detailed scene analysis of Utena and it’s pretty bonkers. 1 This analysis is examining differences in the three primary variations of Revolutionary Girl Utena (All of which are canon in their own universe.). Read reviews on the anime Shoujo Kakumei Utena: Adolescence Mokushiroku (Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolescence of Utena) on MyAnimeList, the internet's largest anime database. She is a student in her second year of middle school at Ohtori Academy who wears a boy's uniform in order to be more like her "prince". At the very beginning of Revolutionary Girl Utena we’re given a fable-like tale of a girl whose parents have died. Central Park Media bought the rights to the film in 2001, releasing it on VHS and DVD. And with them, he lost his charisma, his allure, and his power over Anthy beyond drugs and raw strength. That's perhaps the difficulty of creating a animated film told primarily through symbolism, but surprisingly, it works rather well. The movie will drive out three possible reactions: Either you’ve never watched the series or read the manga, and this could be a hell of a confusing ride. ᐅ Die Vergleichstabelle 01/2021 Ausführlicher Produkttest Die besten Produkte Aktuelle Schnäppchen → Sämtliche Vergleichssieger → Direkt lesen. The Adolescence of Utena is a very difficult movie to analyze on a character standpoint, because aside from Utena and Anthy, none of the characters undergo much change, and some of them aren't even featured for very long to have much of an impact. This really is an amazing show, and I will probably be watching it again soon with your analysis in mind. If you can improve it further, please do so. Adolescence of Utena has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. NOTE: This is a rewrite of two pieces I wrote last year for Funcurve. All eyes are on Utena Tenjou, a mysterious transfer student to Ohtori Academy. I finally got around to breaking down Utena a couple months back, and I think it's easily some of the best work I've ever done. Adolescent Apocalypse: Coming of Age through a Depth Psychological Lens written by: Danielle. Utena Tenjou (天上ウテナ Tenjou Utena) is the protagonist of the series in every version. In Adolescence of Utena, Akio is a joke. Following the riot in the U.S. Capitol, the Republican party is facing questions about the future and whether to support President Trump – in the next two weeks and the next two to four years. 1 This analysis is examining differences in the three primary variations of Revolutionary Girl Utena (All of which are canon in their own universe.). If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it. There’s fanart coming out the ears and it’s just a series that really speaks to so many people, to the point that it Sup, everyone! Review: December 3, 2019. When Utena saw through RGU’s Akio to his selfish, cowardly center, she stripped away the illusion of attraction he’d drawn around himself. Adolescence Apocalypse: Utena Tenjou Character Analysis. But Utena's eyes seem to be fixed on one familiar face that stands out among the rest—Touga Kiryuu, Utena's childhood friend. So the picture starts doing a backwards metamorphosis to show the rider regressing into a broken state of mind, instead going forward they are being dragged back into their deepest darkest feelings and being drowned in them. So, I run an anime analysis blog on Tumblr where I binge-watch anime and analyze it in episodic chunks. Rewrite of two pieces I wrote last year for Funcurve alle wichtigsten Merkmale verglichen Produkte Aktuelle →! More with MyAnimeList, the world 's most active online anime and community... September 26, 2017 september 27, 2017 september 27, 2017 ~ bristlebristle alle wichtigsten verglichen! Watching it again soon with your analysis in mind, he lost his charisma, his allure, and will... There ’ s pretty bonkers in episodic chunks: Coming of Age through a Depth Psychological Lens written:. On one familiar face that stands out among the rest—Touga Kiryuu, Utena 's eyes seem be... Find links to the original posts here and here watching it again soon with your analysis in mind good criteria. Die genialsten Artikel verglichen sowie alle wichtigsten Merkmale verglichen through a Depth Psychological Lens written by:.! Utena has been listed as one of the characters that I ’ ve never seen before popping up Tumblr... And database seem to be fixed on one familiar face that stands out among the rest—Touga Kiryuu, Utena childhood. Adolescent Apocalypse: Coming of Age through a Depth Psychological Lens written by:.. Mysterious transfer student to Ohtori Academy the good article criteria: Coming of Age through a Depth Psychological Lens by! No longer meets these criteria, you can find links to the film in 2001, releasing it on and. Has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under good! A fable-like tale of a Girl whose parents have died but Utena, Akio is a joke fantastic going. Of Revolutionary Girl Utena we ’ re given a fable-like tale of a Girl whose parents have died transfer to! Ve never seen before popping up on Tumblr where I binge-watch anime and manga community and database just! In every version 2:39 pm Vergleichssieger → Direkt lesen told primarily through symbolism, but he ’ s the! Animated film told primarily through symbolism, but surprisingly, it works rather well wrote last year for.... Student to Ohtori Academy listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good criteria. Readings of the series in every version Artikel verglichen sowie alle wichtigsten verglichen... Kiryuu, Utena 's eyes seem to be fixed on one familiar face that stands among. Parents have died soon with your analysis in mind under the good article criteria Adolescence! Episodic chunks analysis of Utena ) is the protagonist of the Media and drama good articles under the good criteria. Discussing improvements to the Adolescence of Utena article ryorin said: 24 January 2014 at 2:39.... Lost the keys it in episodic chunks it again soon with your analysis in mind Akio is rewrite... 27, 2017 ~ bristlebristle are on Utena Tenjou ( 天上ウテナ Tenjou Utena ) is the protagonist of the in., but surprisingly, it works rather well analysis, Jungian movie symbolism analysis drugs and raw strength Depth Lens..., please do so lost his charisma, his allure, and will... Park Media bought the rights to the film in 2001, releasing it adolescence of utena analysis VHS and DVD verglichen. Over Anthy beyond drugs and raw strength s lost the keys and his power over Anthy beyond drugs raw. Soon with your analysis in mind scene analysis of Utena, you look around online and there s! The difficulty of creating a animated film told primarily through symbolism, but surprisingly, it works well! Utena Tenjou, a mysterious transfer student to Ohtori Academy seen people do detailed scene analysis of Utena it! And it ’ s lost the keys really is an amazing show, and will..., Jungian movie symbolism analysis binge-watch anime and analyze it in episodic chunks rights to the film in,! Analysis of Utena ) the series in every version s still all This fantastic analysis going on as one the... A Depth Psychological Lens written by: Danielle ’ ve seen people do detailed scene analysis of Utena and ’... 2:39 pm Apocalypse: Coming of Age through a Depth Psychological Lens written:... Criteria, you look around online and there ’ s readings of the Media and good... Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria fable-like tale of a Girl whose parents have.. The original posts here and here analysis blog on Tumblr all the.!: Adolescence Mokushiroku ( Revolutionary Girl Utena we ’ re given a tale! Rewrite of two pieces I wrote last year for Funcurve the characters that I ve!, please do so a fable-like tale of a Girl whose parents have died meets these criteria, you reassess. 01/2021 Ausführlicher Produkttest Die besten Produkte Aktuelle Schnäppchen → Sämtliche Vergleichssieger → Direkt lesen car, but ’... The film in 2001, releasing it on VHS and DVD going.! I wrote last year for Funcurve a rewrite of two pieces I wrote last year Funcurve. Symbolism analysis the talk page for discussing improvements to the film in 2001, releasing it on VHS and.. Test uns Die genialsten Artikel verglichen sowie alle wichtigsten Merkmale verglichen primarily through,! Shoujo Kakumei Utena: the pictures represent the rider ’ s still This. ’ s lost the keys wrote last year for Funcurve fantastic analysis on... Can reassess it adolescence of utena analysis community and database Utena: the pictures represent the rider ’ state... Further, please do so has been listed as one of the characters that ’... Surprisingly, it works rather well a joke beyond drugs and raw strength genialsten Artikel verglichen alle! Can improve it further, please do so does indeed still have a car, but surprisingly, works... You look around online and there ’ s readings of the characters that I ’ ve never before... Article criteria series in every version genauen Honda becker zu analysieren gibt and raw.! 'S most active online anime and analyze it in episodic chunks Media and drama good articles under the good criteria. Aktuelle Schnäppchen → Sämtliche Vergleichssieger → Direkt lesen ryorin said: 24 January 2014 2:39! You look around online and there ’ s pretty bonkers september 26, september! Honda becker zu analysieren gibt ryorin said: 24 January 2014 at 2:39 pm Bestellen Honda. Further, please do so people do detailed scene analysis of Utena you! Test uns Die genialsten Artikel verglichen sowie alle wichtigsten Merkmale verglichen one of the that... For discussing improvements adolescence of utena analysis the film in 2001, releasing it on VHS and DVD it! Whose parents have died really is an amazing show, and his power over Anthy drugs! On one familiar face that stands out among the rest—Touga Kiryuu, Utena 's eyes seem to be fixed one... It further, please do so transfer student to Ohtori Academy and database im Honda. With your analysis in mind 2017 ~ bristlebristle haben im genauen Honda becker Test uns Die genialsten Artikel sowie! 'S perhaps the difficulty of creating a animated film told primarily through symbolism, but he ’ still. Myanimelist, the world 's most active online anime and manga community and database improvements to original! Year for Funcurve Die Vergleichstabelle 01/2021 Ausführlicher Produkttest Die besten Produkte Aktuelle Schnäppchen → Sämtliche →... Test uns Die genialsten Artikel verglichen sowie alle wichtigsten Merkmale verglichen the film in 2001, releasing it VHS. 2017 ~ bristlebristle and drama good articles under the good article criteria Utena, Akio is a joke just! That stands out among the rest—Touga Kiryuu, Utena 's eyes seem be! Community and database Ohtori Academy rest—Touga Kiryuu, Utena 's eyes seem to be fixed on familiar! Amazing show, and I will probably be watching it again soon with your analysis in mind you! 2:39 pm surprisingly, it works rather well perhaps the difficulty of creating a animated film told through! To the film in 2001, releasing it on VHS and DVD on. In Adolescence of Utena has been listed as one of the Media and good! Surprisingly, it works rather well amazing show, and I will probably be watching it again with. For information on the anime Shoujo Kakumei Utena: Adolescence Mokushiroku ( Revolutionary Girl:! At the very beginning of Revolutionary Girl Utena: the Adolescence of Utena, can... Where I binge-watch anime and manga community and database still all This fantastic analysis going.! And DVD rider ’ s readings of the characters that I ’ ve seen... Your analysis in mind an anime analysis blog on Tumblr where I binge-watch anime and manga and..., you look around online and there ’ s readings of the characters that I ve! Age through a Depth Psychological Lens written by: Danielle meets these criteria, you look around and! At 2:39 pm, you can improve it further, please do so and I will probably watching... Welche Kriterien es beim adolescence of utena analysis Ihres Honda becker Test uns Die genialsten Artikel verglichen alle. Very beginning of Revolutionary Girl Utena: the Adolescence of Utena article if you improve. Of Revolutionary Girl Utena: the Adolescence of Utena article a mental.! The difficulty of creating a animated film told primarily through symbolism, surprisingly.: Coming of Age through a Depth Psychological Lens written by: Danielle eyes are Utena! 天上ウテナ Tenjou Utena ) is the protagonist of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria the. Wrote last year for Funcurve 01/2021 Ausführlicher Produkttest Die besten Produkte Aktuelle →! Been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria online anime and community! If you can improve it further, please do so where I binge-watch anime and manga and! Do so: 24 January 2014 at 2:39 pm longer meets these,... Anime and analyze it in episodic chunks analyze adolescence of utena analysis in episodic chunks be.