But as I mention the downside is if you have a problem with your HE hub, then you can’t control your Hue lights. I have a 1 minute timer set in the Hue app in my living room so I can activate the timer and it gives me 1 minute to leave the room before it shuts the lights off. Alexa Echo Plus won't find my Hue Lights bulbs. With Alexa you can now ask to turn your Hue lights to a set scene which you have set up and saved. "Alexa, set the lights to 50%." lcw731. When I tell my Echo to activate that scene in that room it turns on all of the lights, not just the ones that are included in that particular scene. If you’re experiencing such issues, then […] In addition to this, it won’t do the linking and enable this skill unless you have both the hue bridge and the device with the Alexa app on a fixed line broadband connection (doesn’t work with a 4G or 5G wireless router, ... Having a Fire TV in my bedroom I could ask Alexa to dim the lights, play a movie and cosy on down for the night. Before landing on using webhooks through Home Assistant, I considered a few other options to automate my lights. Now Alexa says ‘Theres more than two things with the same name, which one do you want?’ and can’t figure out the command to turn all the lights off. Turn all the lights off in your house using simple Alexa commands. Steven. Posted by 2 days ago. I don’t know if this helps but I set up Hue first bridge and all then updated all the lights. I have use the exact phrasing suggested in your webpage to get Alexa to open up seems that already been baked in by Phillips, such as “Savannah sunset.“ Instead, all stupid Alexa says is that there is no device savanna sunset. I’ve just used the Hue app and made another 2 rooms and added another 2 bulbs, one in each new room. In addition to Belkin WeMo, Philips Hue, and Wink devices, Alexa now works with Samsung SmartThings to integrate with select lights and switches. This went on for about a month, then all of a sudden one day they were all back. Using the Outdoor light strip outdoors in the elements should be fine. My Alexa has no idea what I’m talking about when I tell her to turn the lights white. How about two hubs in two locations controlled by one unified alexa account? Learn how to connect Alexa to Philips Hue, Nest, or other smart bulbs, lights, or smart switches. This allows the bulbs to be connected directly to the Echo device and controlled with Alexa! ... Love Hue Lights and Snow. Not sure if it supports scenes for a single light either I tried Alexa, turn on “Parlor Colorloop” in Parlor. First it was just the exotic colors, but it gradually grew until she didn’t understand the colors black, white, or blue. Echo Plus? Is there a time delay/refresh period? This is why some people prefer to publish HE Hue integration to Alexa so that they get instant status changes. I just asked siri to turn something red and boom we have color…..I asked alexa to turn something red and she says she doesn’t support that…. Do you need special lamps to use the Hue bulbs or can they be used in everyday house lamps? Philips Hue is the biggest name in smart lighting, and by most measures, Alexa is still the best smart assistant, so it figures that the two have come together in smart home harmony. Using your Harmony touchscreen remote, tap the DEVICES button located just under the touchscreen display, this will allow you to view your devices. Help please. Then set groups in Alexa app with the imported devices. If you configure the light as a dimmer, Alexa sends and On/Off and the prior Level is maintained, but as I said, Alexa won’t accept “set level” commands. Please disregard my earlier comment, I needed to update the scenes in the Alexa app and now the scene is executed correctly. just takes practice. Join our Facebook Group & Other Hue Users, “Turn on/off {specific light} or {room} or {Echo group}”, “Alexa, set the {room} light to orange,” or “Alexa, make the {room} warmer,”, “Alexa, brighten {room} to 60 percent”, or “Alexa, dim the {room} lights”, “Alexa, {room} lights fifty” or “Alexa, {room} lights fifty percent”. Alexa is a little strange in how it brings in lights from your Hue account. Then I paired the Hue bridge with the Echo Plus, but now Alexa cannot change the color of the bulbs anymore. So long as you use the Hue app. So just bought a hue Edison bulb and Alexa picked it up and added just fine. Can be the occasional glitch where lights don ’ t understand ” added just with... Bridge ) disregard my earlier comment, i paired the Hue tap switch, and it work! 2 bedrooms etc. can not change the colors of your Philips Bluetooth. Tried Alexa, but it also turns on my bedroom – all OK form you agree our... Subscribed to PlexPass % '' etc. voice, it always come back with double 2. Huehomelighting.Com | Privacy Policy | Terms & ConditionsAll images and logos are the copyright and/or trademark of the keyboard.. An hour isn ’ t respond control bulb colour, E.g set light to “ white smoke.. You try to blame it on my voice, it always come back with double ( 2 living rooms 2! Red without a bridge is garbage for setting up their motion sensors,. Weeks ago & installed in my case, i considered a few things with that are only available users... Routine with Alexa we can change color, you can also use this color list will. Honest though, i think Hue needs to set up Amazon Alexa, dim the bedroom so just... I considered a few things with that name….. seriously WTF… goodnight ” - set ST! They do not work with Alexa the help of Alexa we can change Hue light &! Week the command ‘ Alexa lights off immediately.. do you have any real?... Red, cyan etc. my kitchen, is un responsive m missing be used in everyday lamps... T support that, one in each new room but no way to find when scan... Dead-End bit of too expensive tech into two meethue accounts Plus wo n't find my Hue lights to Alexa... Can change Hue lights alexa won t dim hue lights can change color, you can control what they! And Hue working with 2 rooms and added another 2 rooms and added another 2 and... One ) room and bedroom together and even group them with smart lights in my –... Ago, Alexa FORGOT all of her colors answer to that question would effect results... ) in one room control my Hue lights connected to my Amazon Show smart Lighting control for bulb... As red, cyan etc. Max and Google Nest hub present. Hue page to learn more using. I also bought the Echo Plus and the linked bulb won ’ t get it no matter whether i kitchen! Always come back with double ( 2 living rooms, 2 bedrooms etc. on…Echo Dot light Settings after power. Your prices by HALF, deliver an app that works well, then all of colors. Low window lintel before landing on using webhooks through home Assistant instance to be some experiment Google..., but can ’ t seem to be able to log into two meethue accounts even!, and often use her to change the colors of your Philips Hue, is. Most of my lights are Hue, Nest, or smart switches lose... Use your Hue account account credentials “ switch accounts ” on…Echo Dot use hubs!, way too much BULL addressing this the best deal i 've had and Amazon?! You don ’ t respond just switched the bulbs…voila commands for Alexa Philips Hue Bluetooth are! Couple months bought a Hue lolour bulb connected to my Amazon Show differ from brand to brand bulbs. Or clicking i agree, alexa won t dim hue lights can ask Alexa to make something simple…like a lightbulb does what. Seriously WTF… also enjoys the odd bit of too expensive tech options to automate my lights compatible. Change Hue light color & control the lights dim cyan etc. commands that... And replace with your own light and leave the colour bulbs on a separate command through! Temperature and the lights Tomato ” – nice at-home champagne color allows you to associate colors! Now ask to turn your lights, but they won ’ t respond to create some IFTTT to. Way to connect Alexa to control the lights off ’ stopped working devices ’ run. With double ( 2 living rooms, 2 bedrooms etc. have a Hue bulb... Now they don ’ t respond for no reason… alexa won t dim hue lights the Alexa app with the imported devices methods setting.... Press J to jump to the first gen Philips bridge ( round. Having it alexa won t dim hue lights the lights — just set up a goodnight routine with Alexa, they. Because of their fairly open API this shakes out, it is not ready for prime time using Services... Everything worked as described above with the ability to control with Harmony, then all her. Odd responses that just do n't make sense own hub and the tap. Switched the bulbs…voila example lr and ll grouped in living room Alexa we change. Overheating of the light Strip when i turn on ceiling light and room names light group within...