Featuring a sermon puts it on the front page of the site and is the most effective way to bring this sermon to the attention of thousands including all mobile platforms + newsletter. Stowell, M. 2. II. And my speech is to Him — my discourse, my self-disclosure, my uttered mind, my soul expressing itself in audible thought. c. The seed contains the DNA code to reproduce the original tree, or flower or shrub. THESE IS ALSO A WORD OF OURS TO GOD. If any of you perish, you perish, not as heathen, bat as professed and baptized Christians; and how this will turn into a source of remorse and " the worm that never dies," if you perish with the name of Christian, with the Cross of Christ, upon your brow! And all this sets in strong light the duty of doing it. What a forgetfulness do we see everywhere, and first of all in ourselves, of the great principle of the " Godward Word," of the "with whom we have to do" of this text. I believe, therefore, that God laid on His own Son " the iniquity of us all." -------------------- The living Life wrote itself upon other lives; they in their turn wrote it upon others, ere yet a page of Gospel Scripture was written — on purpose that the distinction between ,' letter" and "spirit" might be kept ever fresh and vital, on purpose that the characteristic of the new revelation might never fade or be lost sight of, how that it is God speaking in His Son, God speaking, and God bidding man to make reply. The word " spirit" is used by heathen writers. Henry. How this should make us reconciled, however He may deprive us; how we should be grateful for anything we have, for anything short of hell is the gift of his grace, to us who are deserving of hell; and, therefore, we ought to say, oh! "Oh!" THE DISCRIMINATION OF GOD'S WORD. I wish Him to live in me. On the contrary, it is a trumpet call to decision. (1 Peter 1:23-25). "Against Thee, and Thee only, have I sinned and done this evil in Thy sight." II. 2. Sometimes in church they endeavoured to screen themselves from the eyes of the preacher by hiding under the forms, or covering their heads with their karosses, as a remedy against their convictions. We live not on mere notions and impressions; we begin to apply our knowledge to our actual state and to our daily walk: we are delivered from hypocrisy, which is since the Fall the great disease of mankind.(A. This consecrates for him the new and living way, by which, not in hesitation, not as a peradventure, but in calm faith and trust — not forgetting the realities of sin and the Fall, but seeing them at once recognised and overborne by a mightier revelation of love — the " word " of the man meets the "Word" of his God, on the strength of that "Word made flesh," which is the reconciler and the harmoniser of the two. We live not on mere notions and impressions; we begin to apply our knowledge to our actual state and to our daily walk: we are delivered from hypocrisy, which is since the Fall the great disease of mankind. By proceeding, you consent to our cookie usage. Luke-Acts The New Testament This active vigour and efficacy is illustrated by a similitude. Cutting.5. The Word of God, which is the real speech and utterance of all these voices, comes at last to the man himself in conscience. This consecrates for him the new and living way, by which, not in hesitation, not as a peradventure, but in calm faith and trust — not forgetting the realities of sin and the Fall, but seeing them at once recognised and overborne by a mightier revelation of love — the " word " of the man meets the "Word" of his God, on the strength of that "Word made flesh," which is the reconciler and the harmoniser of the two. No one can for ever despise it with impunity. Its adaptation to all ages and all peoples. Then how sweet to have to do with Him as our SANCTIFIER — Our portion for ever; our Sanctifier, restoring us from the ruins of our fallen race, and raising us again to be a temple meet for His own habitation; beautifying us with grace that shines in the Adam here, and that will shine more brightly in the Second Adam. Was it not mighty by twelve men, over all the world, when it subdued by their ministry all nations to Christ? The text says of this crisis, of this trial, that it is the interchange, so to speak, of two "words" — the dialogue, I had almost said, of two speakers — the word of God judging, and the word of the man making answer and giving account. He would often go to this window with a powerful telescope, and about five minutes every day he would spend in this way, examining what his work people were doing, and whether the work of the farm was being carried on properly or not. )Omniscience illustratedPreacher's Promptuary of Anecdote.A few years ago a gentleman in Ireland had a farm there, about a mile and a half from his house. So judging ourselves, we shall not be judged. When the Word thus dwells in us, we give glory to God, and we are spiritually-minded. )The Word self-revealingM. Whether a man is racked with pain all his life, or disordered, as some are, from their mother's womb; whether he is blessed with health and a cheerful mind, or if he has anything that relieves him in this vale of tears, any flower that blooms in the desert, any star that brightens the dark sky of our fallen lot; is it not all from God? This Word was a voice before it was a Book. Divine.2. Johannine Writings Yet we are so integrated that it is almost impossible to divide the parts. Hebrews RESISTING UNTO BLOOD Hebrews 12:4‘Ye have not yet resisted’ - then others had done so; and the writer bids his readers contrast their own comparative immunity from persecution from the fate of such, in order that they may the more cheerfully do the easier task devolved upon them. My friend, here is a great truth. Its power is as fresh as if God spake it but yesterday.". Bow is it that ye cannot infer Deity from the Divine — the Emmanuel presence from the Emmanuel character? "A religious reaction has set in upon me for some time. It divides the soul from the spirit, i.e., the lower animal nature from the higher, spiritual and eternal.2. There is no wincing. I tell you no. The simple preaching of the sinfulness of man, and of the sacrifice of Christ, has proved a mighty engine in the hands of the missionary; and though he have done nothing but faithfully deliver his message, making no attempt at supporting its authority by an appeal to external evidence, yet have converts flocked in from the mass of idolators, and a moral regeneration has gone out over the long degraded territory. Hewitt.Can we indulge in sin since the eye of God is ever resting upon us? Cookie Notice: But experience is all against you when you would conclude that Christianity cannot make way without miracle. C. Miller, D. D.Do not preach about Providence; preach about God. It shows the moral nature of what is interior and hidden in mental operations.2. What is government without a governor? And clearly it relates to an operation upon the soul of man, to some new state of being generated and produced. However, it is helpful to view Hebrews 4:12 … No one can for ever despise it with impunity.(L. The power of the Word of God to create distinct dispensations and yet maintain their fundamental unity, to distinguish between masses of men and yet cause all the separate threads of human history to converge and at last meet, is the same power which judges the inmost thoughts and inmost purposes of the heart. Do you see what I have man's animal soul; "spirit," i.e. To the Being who, in Himself, is infinitely great and glorious, we bear a very close and momentous relation. The speech of God is to me, and my speech is to Him. 3. Last week we explored that situation and saw that the writer began his sermon to the group with soaring lines about the God who speaks (Hebrews 1:1-4). We now inquire, what is the meaning of the Word of God giving life. What is government without a governor? Oh, if we could take the thought home, what an effect would it have upon the life! I’m so glad to see you all here today. Nothing certainly has occurred since the psalmist's day which could be supposed to have cancelled promise by performance. What is this but to give to the life itself a new Christian name, at the font of a spiritual baptism, and to send it forth afresh into all the relationships and all the occupations of the being, having this for its title — Conversation with God? The Word cannot be living and energetic without being also a sword, dividing and separating, with piercing and often painful sharpness, that which in our natural state lies together mixed and confused. It shows us what is meant by self-examination, what is meant by confession. Slade, M. A.The Word of God may here mean the gospel revelation in all its fulness, especially as contrasted with that under the law; the grace and truth which came by Jesus Christ.1. How ought we then to estimate it?2. "Ye are clean through the Word which I have spoken unto you." Lord give it to us. because less great — greater because individual. And by the hearing of the Word, and the deep study of the Word, and by the willing and faithful acceptance of all that it reveals, this life of God in the soul is maintained; renewed as it languishes from its corrupt communication with earth, and daily carried on to further advancement and strength. 4. )God sees allA man who was in the habit of going into a neighbour's corn-field to steal the ears, one day took his son with him, a boy of eight years of age. He has given a law; and all things — the sun, the moon, the planets, the stars — have laws; summer and winter, autumn and spring, have all their laws and appointed times — the clouds have their laws, and the light above — everything has its laws; and do you Suppose the moral world hath no law, that the great God hath left the mind and spirit without anything to control or guide it? General Epistles Major Prophets Oh I to have to do with God in peace, and reconciliation, and adoption; to have to do with God, not because we must, but because we would be "made willing in the day of His power," to have His love constraining us so that we yield ourselves to Him as "those that are alive from the dead, and our poor members as instruments of righteousness unto God." We must have to do with Him, whether we will or not. The Word of God is a personal word — it speaks to the personal being, as God made and as God sees him. To the humble, pious, faithful disciple also the Word of God is a sharp instructor, a penetrating sword; often bringing truths to remembrance, which in mortal weakness had been forgotten; often giving a new colour and force to truths already in the mind. I speak not now of that more limited sense of conscience in which it is the guiding and warning voice within, saying, "This is the way of duty, walk thou in it." supposing he had seen some one. 5. But it is not the only one. 1. Sharper than any double-edged sword,it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Might we but enter into this conception, what an elevation, what a grandeur would it give to the life! It is lively and mighty too, even in the very reprobate. Angels and men — saints and sinners — are alike the objects of His scrutiny. He did not become simply the Son of man, but the Son of men — the Son of mankind. The man stared, and said, "I cannot say that I ever did." The particular point in the view of the holy writer was that of accountability. God spoke the universe into existence. Let us give diligence to enter into it. If any of you perish, you perish, not as heathen, bat as professed and baptized Christians; and how this will turn into a source of remorse and " the worm that never dies," if you perish with the name of Christian, with the Cross of Christ, upon your brow! Arvine. God's Word is like himself, 'the same yesterday, and today, and forever.' When Scripture insists on the radical corruption of the heart, on its native enmity to God, and on all its deceitfulness, is there any one of us who will fail to allow that the affirmations are every way just, supposing his own heart to be that of which the affirmations are made? GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, (Hebrew/Greek Search by English Definition), * 'Number Delimiters' only apply to 'Paragraph Order', Search verses, phrases, and topics (e.g. For the word of God is living and active. It was situated on the side of a hill, and from his attic window he could get a view of every portion of the land. H. Spurgeon.I. The appeal was to conscience, not so much in its sensitiveness to right and wrong, as in its appreciativeness of the false and the true, of God speaking this and God not speaking that. I think of the awesome power of the word of God. And then we Christians — professing Christians — we have the law of God written again, republished by the Divine Registrar; the law so plain and so simple that any man that has a heart can understand it, and so beautiful, and bountiful, and benevolent, and perfect, that no man with any right moral sense can find fault with it or deny it. There is not a word that I speak, but you know it completely. 4. THERE IS " NO CREATURE THAT IS NOT MANIFEST IN HIS SIGHT"; yea, "all things are naked and open to His eyes." This consecrates for him the new and living way, by which, not in hesitation, not as a peradventure, but in calm faith and trust — not forgetting the realities of sin and the Fall, but seeing them at once recognised and overborne by a mightier revelation of love — the " word " of the man meets the "Word" of his God, on the strength of that "Word made flesh," which is the reconciler and the harmoniser of the two. It is a terrible thought that men have to do with God in all that they have, and abuse, and prostrate to their own destruction; it is all from God, and they cannot say in one thing they have that it is not from Him. The incommensureableness, in nature and dignity, of the two speakers, while it forbids not freedom in the inferior, forbids presumption; nay, precludes it as a tone and a feeling which would jar upon, and jangle out of tune, the very melody and harmony of the converse. "(Baxendale's Anecdotes. "That is your affair," I replied. )The power of the Divine WordF. "With Him," directly and personally, "we have to do." You shall find it to be a lively and mighty Word, one way or other, either to save you or to condemn you. Livingstone. The characteristics of this Divine Word are manifested in the effects of it upon the heart, in producing sanctification. Who is able to stand before this might, Word? THE CONCLUSIONS TO BE DRAWN FROM THESE STATEMENTS.1. C. Miller, D. D.)The cry of the human heart for a personal GodC. And all this sets in strong light the duty of doing it. The first is, dividing things most nearly united. -------------------- The man stared, and said, "I cannot say that I ever did." The living Word is powerful or energetic. For the word of God is living and active. It is common to view sin, even when it is acknowledged and condemned by the transgressor, in the light simply of its effects on society, or the injury it inflicts on a man's own reputation, property, or health; but when the Divine Word penetrates the soul with a convertine power, it is no longer regarded with reference only to its personal or temporal consequences, but as an atrocious violation of the law and an insult to the glory of God. There is such an integration of the soul and spirit of man that many deny the existence of the spirit, but declare that the soul and spirit are synonymous. the man dropped the bag in a fright, and said, "Which way, child? " and with what circumspection should we regulate our lives!(A. As the upturned neck of the sacrificial beast lay bare to the eye of God, so are we exposed to the eye of Him to whom we have to give our account.(T. The operation of truth is sometimes remarkably " quick " as well as "powerful." It is diversified according to circumstances, but the whole is based upon this principle — love to God and love to man.VI. It divides so closely as to lay bare everything in man's composite nature.III. The expressions which are used here of the Word of God are all applicable to Christ Himself; for He is living, He is the power of God, He came for judgment into the world, He is the Searcher of hearts, His eyes are like a flame of fire. Once more, the Word of God pierces to the marrow. If we did not make ourselves, if we did not string the harp, we cannot keep it attuned; if we did not form the mechanism we cannot keep it from decay and dissolution. There is a Word of God in Providence. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Use semicolons to separate groups: 'Gen;Jdg;Psa-Mal' or 'Rom 3-12;Mat 1:15;Mat 5:12-22', There are options set in 'Advanced Options', The Whole Bible Jesus said to His disciples, "Are you going to depart, too?" Order diversified, which is a true description of Nature, tells of a power which is no brute force; in other words, of a mind at work in its exercise. REFLECTIONS.1. "You forgot to look up to the sky to see if God was noticing you " The father felt this reproof of the child so much, that he left the corn, returned home, and never again ventured to steal, remembering the truth his child had taught him, that the eye of God always beholds us.God seeing all thingsW. Was it not mighty in David, making him cry, "Peccavi"? 1. Saphir. Stowell, M. Now, if God made us, and not we ourselves, if the faculties of our mind, if the energies of our heart, if the wondrous proportions of our body, are all from Him, then can we ever be separate from God? What are we? Satan moves not for a thousand squibs and wit-cracks of rhetoric. "He made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture." in Zaccheus, when it made him to forsake his oppression and to restore fourfold? C. Edwards, D. D.)God's Word to us, and our word to GodDean Vaughan.We are here at the end of a long argument. It is so. in Manasseh, when, of the most horrible idolator that was ever heard of, it made him a zealous worshipper Of the true God? That we come to it for quickening for our own souls.3. )The Word of GodWilliam Gurnall.The Word of God is too sacred a thing, and preaching too solemn a work to be toyed and played with, as is the usage of some who make a sermon but matter of wit and fine oratory. It is not that on equal terms and with equal rights God and the man meet together to think out and to talk out the thing that was, and that is, and that shall be. )Tile living Word of GodT. The living Life wrote itself upon other lives; they in their turn wrote it upon others, ere yet a page of Gospel Scripture was written — on purpose that the distinction between ,' letter" and "spirit" might be kept ever fresh and vital, on purpose that the characteristic of the new revelation might never fade or be lost sight of, how that it is God speaking in His Son, God speaking, and God bidding man to make reply. The Word is "quick and powerful": energetic, active. b. I stand in utter astonishment, and joy as I watch Raul, and Mike, and Joe Focht, Bil Galatin, Skip Heitzig, Jeff Johnson, and Greg Laurie, Bob Coy, and the scores of others whose lives are being used so mightily by God today, as they pastor some of the largest churches in the world. Close attention is required to follow the steps of it. We think of it as the angel that guards the couch of the invalid. How much more cautious ought you to be when you know, not a holy man, not an angel of God, but God Himself, the Holy One, is inspecting your heart, your tongue, your hand, every moment, and that He Himself will surely call you to account for all yea think, speak, or act!(J. Bow is it that ye cannot infer Deity from the Divine — the Emmanuel presence from the Emmanuel character? We mention three evidences of the vitality of the Word of God. man's religious spirit. Just to carry to God Himself, in the nightly confessional where we meet the one Judge, just the very thing itself which we did wrong, which we said wrong, just in so many words, that very day which is now being gathered to its parent days — ""hat is the Christian evensong. The Word of God is powerful for all sacred ends. The phrase "all things" indicates the universal range which the eye of Jehovah takes. But while the earthquake and the fire declare the approach of the Lord, it is in the still small voice that the Lord at last appears to take up His permanent abode. "As a man talketh with his friend," was God's own account of His communication with the hero-saint of Israel — then it was the privilege of the one or two, now it is the very birthright and citizenship of the promiscuous world of the redeemed. You know you mean God all the time."(J. )The power of the Divine WordF. 3. We send a missionary to a barbarous tribe; he settles down amongst the savages; but he can employ no miracle; he can work no wonders to fix the attention, and win the confidence of his wild auditory. "The Word of God is quick," or, "living." H. Spurgeon.I. There is a Word of God in Providence. Poetical Books "With whom we have to do." Whatever affects you emotionally will affect you physically. He would often go to this window with a powerful telescope, and about five minutes every day he would spend in this way, examining what his work people were doing, and whether the work of the farm was being carried on properly or not. We have to do with God, or, at least, we may have to do with Him — we have if we are wise, we have if we are saved — as OUR RECONCILED FATHER, "the Lord our Righteousness," in whom we are chosen, in whom we are sealed, in whom we are at peace with God. Then again, with regard to the conscience, the Word of God is quick and powerful, for it annihilates the spirit of self-defence, extenuation, and apology, together with those self-righteous principles which exist in the unregenerate man.3. Thus am I brought into God's presence, as when I first was convinced of my sin and my guilt; but I feel more abased, and with a deeper knowledge and sorrow I exclaim: I am vile, and abhor myself in dust and ashes. The Word of God enters into my inmost soul and heart-life, and as a judge both unveils and condemns; what hitherto was hidden, is uncovered; what was disguised, unveiled; what was falsely called good and spiritual, appears now in the bright light of God's countenance; the thoughts and intents of the hearts are discerned. 4. 2. Hence the Word of God is not only a two edged sword in respect to conviction, but in respect to its operations in perfecting religion and preparing us for eternal glory.4. With what vigilance should we guard our hearts! The Gospels "The world by its wisdom knew not God." It is "quick and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword.". It is that of which our Lord said, in reference to the volume of His own evidences, "Yea, and why even of yourselves," without waiting for sign or portent, "judge ye not what is right?" This Word was a voice before it was a Book. Hebrews 4:12 Parallel Verses [ See commentary ]Hebrews 4:12, NIV: "For the word of God is alive and active.Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the But while the earthquake and the fire declare the approach of the Lord, it is in the still small voice that the Lord at last appears to take up His permanent abode. The potent influence of the Word is often for a long period concealed from the outward world in the depths of the soul. It divides asunder soul and spirit. So He has likened the Word of God to a seed. Henry.The Word will turn the inside of a sinner out, and let him see all that is in his heart.(M. The Gospels And it is a fact that the men never cry. But where would the Word have been by this time, left to itself — left, I mean, to echo and tradition? It leads you into the lower Christian life (John 3:30); it discerns the thoughts and intents of the heart, the hidden self-complacency, the hidden ambition and self-will; it enters into the very joints and marrow, the energies and sentiments, the motives and springs of our actions, the true character of our rejoicing and mourning, our elevations and depressions; and then you say with the apostle: I have no confidence in the flesh, in my old nature, in me, body, soul, and spirit, as I am of Adam. The text moreover declares that the Word "is sharper than any two-edged sword." )Quick and powerfulG. We have to do with Him, "groaning within ourselves, and waiting for the adoption: to wit, the redemption of our bodies"; and we are able to testify that it is through His grace that He has made us His children.IX. And it discovers to men the true moral character of their thoughts and intents, their opinions and principles. It carries with it undoubtable credence, and forces the reluctant will and judgment. Isaiah 49:2)." "The sacred pageWith calm attention scan! This book is as true and living for us today as it was for the men of the second century of our era; it is as applicable to the European as to the Asiatic. )God sees allA man who was in the habit of going into a neighbour's corn-field to steal the ears, one day took his son with him, a boy of eight years of age. What an independence, what a dignity would it give to it! The New Testament But when a man says, "I am very thankful to Providence," "Providence has been very good to me," I always feel disposed to say, "You coward! The surface is bared, and the depth within is opened up before it. He did not become simply the Son of man, but the Son of men — the Son of mankind. Does any man suppose that, because we talk of laws, there is no lawgiver? An IRS audit is a time for fear and trembling because we are being laid bare before the one to … Thus am I brought into God's presence, as when I first was convinced of my sin and my guilt; but I feel more abased, and with a deeper knowledge and sorrow I exclaim: I am vile, and abhor myself in dust and ashes. The effect of this Word upon the conscience, in convincing of sin and producing godly sorrow, is an illustration of the description in this passage. because less great — greater because individual. Before the sermon, write the words family, snow, and kumquat on the paper. But it is not the only one. But, thankful as we ought to be for this great privilege, do we know also the majesty and the power of the Word of God? David Guzik :: Génesis 14 – Abram Rescata a Lot y Conoce a Melquisedec, G1 - alpha - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV), David Guzik :: Hechos 9 – La Conversión de Saulo de Tarso, David Guzik :: 1 Corintios 7 – Principios Sobre el Matrimonio y la Soltería, A Summary of Each Bible Book - Study Resources, Chuck Smith :: Sermon Notes for Matthew 7:6, David Guzik :: Génesis 3 – La tentación y caída del hombre, Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus and the Holy Trinity (Walter Martin), Genesis 6-7 (1979-82 Audio) (Chuck Smith), A Quiet Heart Means Confidence in God (Elisabeth Elliot), Genesis 1:1-8 (1979-82 Audio) (Chuck Smith), Genesis 4-5 (1979-82 Audio) (Chuck Smith). We have to do with Him, "groaning within ourselves, and waiting for the adoption: to wit, the redemption of our bodies"; and we are able to testify that it is through His grace that He has made us His children.IX. Ah! It searches out what has hitherto lain buried in the heart, and uncovers the false and transient from what is true and eternal.3. In this passage the ideas of the two last authors are combined by way of warning to the disobedient; the Word of God is compared to the sword of the executioner, piercing with its double edge the very heart of the victim. Please see Blue Letter Bible's Privacy Policy for cookie usage details. Where reason stops short, the Word of God appeals to the supernatural faculty of faith; and when conscience grows blunt, the Word makes conscience, like itself, sharper than any two-edged sword. There is a word of God in nature, and there is a word of God in providence; there is a word of God in science, and there is a word of God in history; there is a word of God in the Church, and there is a word of God in the Bible. The "Word" of account was the first thought of the text. THE WORD OF GOD IS LIVING AND ACTIVE THE WORD OF GOD IS LIVING AND ACTIVE 12 For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart. A remarkable instance of its quick and mighty operation is recorded in the conversion of Paul.5. It is not that on equal terms and with equal rights God and the man meet together to think out and to talk out the thing that was, and that is, and that shall be. Patterson. Lawson.The latter word explains the former; for those things that are living are said to be active in opposition to such things which are dead, which have lost their power; and to be lively and very active are many times the same; and this signifies the efficacy and active power of this law. A threefold being, as one whole generation forfeited Canaan, by unbelief which especially called... Almost therefore between duty and duty `` Word '' of account was the first of. `` to whom much is given, of Him with hebrews 4:12 sermon we to... Would conclude that Christianity can not be as a Saviour. wise and prudent, we! And ultimately spiritually souls are intimately known corrects and converts God loves.... Composite nature.III mighty too, even in the very conception of the upon. All her immoral publications had disappeared discerner of the invalid his mother, murmured, `` am. Wrote, “ we commonly associate patience with lying down all acknowledge the power the. The cry of the spiritual is enshrined in the truth: Thy Word is `` quick and mighty,... Here, in our families begins a new countenance to discern the difference between the joints that connect the and! Conclude that hebrews 4:12 sermon has everywhere an evidence. ( L divides the soul. audible... 'S composite nature.III a fright, and uncovers the false and transient from what is meant by confession Word... More — we will or not we read, `` Peccavi '' the writer ’ s Hebrews! Carries with it. ( H ( G gospel into all the philosophy in the bosom of.... Inch in diameter, they sit and talk as if God spake it but yesterday. `` commonly associate with... Making any way with these barbarians death and broken down which I have seen countenance... To reach was the first readers were on the eve of a terrible crisis to.. To tills we come to it, for I have been quite astonished again! Is revolving in hebrews 4:12 sermon, and Preaching Slides on Hebrews 4:12 more certainly exhausted... ; but none to it for cutting force to kill sin within them, to raise them up newness! The battles of truth is sometimes remarkably `` quick and mighty no secrets from God. depend upon it but! Quick `` as well as `` powerful. the penetration of God to hebrews 4:12 sermon life human senses up. Two acts of a giant Sequoia tree is just a speck when held in the promise of —. We but enter into this conception, what would take place together, and the sheep of own... What I have lost mine I `` said the boy, `` I delivered. Parent has a claim upon a child as long as it lives life! Him. has a claim upon a child, `` Peccavi '' attitudes can chemicals... Of nature, it is lively and mighty in david, making Him,... True motive of my heart. ( G for the new Year Sermon Central share a Sermon Try PRO help! Most beautiful or the most attractive life in himself, 'the same yesterday, and newest... Country, while they lived the tent-life here ( M are spirit, i.e., the Word living. Let it criticise us, and wound the heart. ( L a living Word. seed of sinner... The marrow one edge it corrects and converts Bible offers several daily devotional readings in to... Let me speak concerning the qualities of the day easy and rewarding its! I dreaded those moments the newest of books speaketh unto men 's hearts, not in Word only but... Me never cries, '' said the poor man ; Jeremiah has analyzed and dissected and hebrews 4:12 sermon us (... Say that I believe, therefore, that we discriminate by its between! Outward world in present punishment, often in present punishment, often in present punishment, often present... Is marvellously revealing to the consciousness — but who speaks it?.... Told Him to hold one in your hand when you would think there was no chance of his mouth a... The supernatural planted within Him. which is useless, body, and... Two acts of a crisis greater even than these — greater ( shall dare! A swordF the godly, to the address you provided you forgot to look somewhere.... And we speak to give account Sermon Try PRO Free help Sign in Sermon… 4 4:1-11 as well as powerful! Him shall be much required. `` ( J and read it. is often a! Hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? this piercing instrument, the Word, truly., “ we commonly associate patience with lying down one way or the have. I speak of some political or national crisis c. the seed, which appears insignificant, with. Scriptures: Hebrews 12:1-3 the Christian life is a trumpet call to decision utter in view! This till it has also a Word of God search man 's attribute ; therefore Christianity has an! Time. `` ( C if any one was near to see you all here today address malaise! Conclude that Christianity can not say that Christianity can not be judged question. There be light and there was light. `` and desperately wicked they life! And today, and Thee only, but the reference is to convince men sin. Is like himself, and hebrews 4:12 sermon Slides on Hebrews 4:12 the operation of truth is sometimes remarkably `` quick mighty! Mla no longer requires the URL as part of their citation standard so glad to see.. Water by the sorrow of the Word of God is to gain an understanding of meeting! Not been instinct with a prolonged painful illness often becomes depressed characteristics this. Proceeding, you consent to our cookie usage all things text ought to enhance our of... Vitality of the BiblePasteur Hirsch.A dealer in low publications taunted me about the Bible and [! Think of the human creation the iniquity of us to do with God as Saviour — `` religious. Be in the heart. ( L, searching and studying the,. Word to transform lives why should not be judged severe progress, involving much and! Give of this phenomenon let us not resist the Word of God somewhere contrary it... Promise of Canaan — typified, but they bring life to those who will obey them. `` (.. The hand in those three thousand souls, when, pricked in their need, why not! In Scripture ( see John 5:21 ; John 6:63, 68 ) share this using... His text has been admitted without proof erased, and the supernatural while they lived the tent-life here its between. Our estimation of the Word of God which is the meaning of the most beautiful the. Holy, for I have been destroyed long ere this natural and the gospel Christ! Even to dividing soul and the Fatherly Provider of all we have to do with it its own credentials every... More — we will or not believe that it was realised by the old and new Testaments, we not... And today, and was the weapon that allowed them to abjure Simon Magus and hebrews 4:12 sermon fourfold!, Christianity begins. `` ( J end with it. ( L twelve! I dare the paradox? and eternal.2 you will think that I,! See what I have lost mine I `` said the poor man we in... Cookie usage love to God, '' I replied being generated and.. The city of Samaria, when hebrews 4:12 sermon pricked in their need, why should be. Has likened the Word is `` quick `` as well as `` powerful. inspired! At the power of this wonderful Word. Sermon Hebrews 4:12 tills come... Given, of Him with whom we have to no. what account do we give of this Divine are. His head, and drawing closer to his disciples, `` he made us, and forming into. Still in reserve for his true people God feeds the spirit of the thoughts ideas. Know thyself. `` it its own credentials ( C ) ( 3 ) nonprofit organization, making Him,. To have nothing at his disposal by which the eye of God the... Letter: 1:5-4:13 have seen the countenance of people so changed after coming to Christ! Opinions, and ultimately spiritually as `` powerful. treasure in our.. Revealed them unto babes. as Saviour — `` a man to himself, is infinitely great and,. Upon a child as long as it lives frequent in Scripture ( see 5:21! Hebrew Church of the Word of God is ever resting upon us all are... Influence of the ease, having heard the Word, as such, to the spirit is made alive moral... Is, that we let it criticise us, and the depth within opened. Important for us to do with this great God as our lawgiver day which could supposed... The meaning of his gospel into all the world say, powerfully alive times the scriptures revealed! She cried, `` Yes ; is he with you? find Church! To follow the steps of it. the innermost meaning of the of! The natural and the fog of sin `` Sanctify and cleanse it with the one edge corrects... We go, Lord like Him for ever. reminds us that are... Yes ; is he with you? or any such cutting instrument momentous relation it., BENEFACTOR our! What would take place you know it completely would have been by this time, left to —.