How to Make Email Links Open in Gmail. This will open the Programs and Features. This is a different settings than having Outlook set as your default mail client in Windows. 2. Email Aliases. When I click on a link in outlook, IE opens and I do not seem to find a setting to stop outlook doing that. On the next screen, enter your email address, … To do this, we simply need to press the windows key + R. Inside the control panel, you have to click on the Default Programs. We guarantee a. connection within 30 seconds and a customized solution within 20 minutes. Hi Chandan_Baba, I have used Firefox as my default browser with Microsoft Outlook since before Firefox 1.0 and rarely ever had a problem. Select Allow; … In this article, we shall look at some of the best solutions to help you resolve the issue. This wikiHow teaches you how to insert a hyperlink in an email. To fix it, you need to set up your web browser to open email links. So if Company A receives a order, the user will then receives an email, click the link and it will open in Firefox. As mentioned, really old versions (up to version 12) of Opera had the default for mailto links set to its own Opera Mail client but you could change it back to Outlook in the following way;Opera menu-> Settings-> Preferences… (CTRL+F12)-> tab Advanced-> section Programs-> select: mailto-> button Edit…-> select: Open with default application.However, it is really recommended to update to the latest version of Opera instead since these old versions are no longer supported. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab. Or worse, another email client like Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail opens up. From now on, when click the mailto hyperlink, an Outlook email will be created automatically with the specified recipient, subject and body. Press … Test to make sure an email link works. 2. This is fine. Is there any way to disable this … I select the Always use this app option but it asks every time. Start by highlighting the text you want to link, and then: – Right-click and select Hyperlink from the menu. Very annoying. However, if you elect not to set that program as the default, or if you restore Internet Explorer as the default at a later time, any Outlook email link that you click will open in Internet Explorer. Now we need to change Microsoft office. Close the Default Apps window and try to open a hyperlink in Outlook. See screenshot: Send email from Excel with hyperlink function. If you're using a different email account or email program, you may receive a notification that you've received a protected message and need to … Any of those options will bring up the Insert Hyperlink window, where you can enter your desired URL in the Address field. It sounds like you are not using Internet Explorer as your default browser then or may not have set the mailto protocol in Windows to use Outlook. How to Put a Link in an Email. To create an email link in your email or newsletter, follow these steps: Go to the block where you wish to put the email link. The problem that I am having, which seems to be intended based on what I've been reading, is that when I click send all Outlook does is move my email to the Outbox and closes. Changing the default browser to either Internet explorer or Microsoft Edge can help solve the Outlook links not opening in chrome issue. Simply scroll-down and locate it. When updating a field, it turns the email address in a clickable “mailto” link and when I’m not careful when clicking, it opens up a new email in Outlook. To fix that go to the Windows Control Panel. This will open the Programs and Features. This is all through Outlook. Here is how it is done; The first thing you need to repair the Office installation via Programs and Features window is to open the Run box. To do this simply press the Windows key + R. then type “. Using Outlook: Open your Outlook account. Go to your Gmail in Google Chrome. The default stationery applies to new emails, replies, and forwards. ; Click on SAVE in the block where you want … Connect anytime to free, instant, live Expert help by installing the Chrome extension, Get instant live expert help with Excel or Google Sheets, “My Excelchat expert helped me in less than 20 minutes, saving me what would have been 5 RE: How do I create a button to initiate an email from Outlook? If Outlook does not open, follow this Win 10 guide to quickly fix. If clicking on a mailto link brings up a Google webpage, you clicked "yes" when chrome browser asked you whether you wanted to launch Gmail when you click on a mailto link. ; Click on SAVE in the block where you want … You can select Look for an app in the Store to find and download another web browser if you wish. On the Advanced Setup screen, select Other. Firefox and really old versions of Opera both have an option to override the system default mail client … Start by highlighting the text you want to link, and then: – Right-click and select Hyperlink from the menu. We help you take charge with easy-to-use tools and clear choices. On the next screen, enter your email address, select Advanced options, check the box for Let me set up my account manually, and select Connect. Most users use Programs and Features window to repair Microsoft Office Suite. Click OK. Open Outlook. To create an email link in your email or newsletter, follow these steps: Go to the block where you wish to put the email link. – Press Ctrl + K. Any of those options will bring up the Insert Hyperlink window, where you … See screenshot: 3. hours of work!”, Your message must be at least 40 characters. This guide will help you understand how to identify an attachment in the Microsoft Outlook program, how to open them, and some common issues you may encounter when working with attachments. To create a new folder in Outlook: In the left navigation pane of Outlook Mail, select your Inbox folder. This is an example of a … Click Insert > … 1. Click File > Options in Outlook 2010 and 2013. Test to make sure an email link works. Select the Allow radio button. To open the hyperlink without pressing or holding Ctrl key, do ... Stationery provides an easy way to create a visual Outlook template with custom background color and image, fonts, bullets, colors, and effects. On the Connect your account page, enter a display name (the name recipients will see when they receive an email message from you) and the full email address and password of the email account you want to connect to your Outlook.com account. On the Other screen, … If you want to save hours of research and frustration, try our live Excelchat service! When I refer to HTML email links I mean web links, that upon clicking, automatically open up a person’s email application of choice on their computer, tablet or smart phone. Right-click on the MS office version and click change as shown in figure 2 below; You will be presented with a Microsoft Repair window. You can try clicking this link. Add a return email link. Can’t open links in Outlook is a problem not just experienced by windows 10 users, but also those using older versions like windows 7 and windows 8. In the message, select the text or picture that you want to display as the link. Gmail will open, and you should see the protocol handler icon. Many times, important documents are sent via email as an attachment, rather than a link or as the text of an email itself. Click on the EDIT icon . I can’t find anywhere else where people are talking about this! Note: If you don't see the Address box, make sure Existing File or Web Page is selected under Link to. On the Insert tab, click Hyperlink. The email should send a copy of, or a link to, the record being displayed in the form when the button is clicked. Open Microsoft Outlook and create a new email. Under Link to, do one of the following:. ; In the toolbar, click on the Insert Link icon. ; In the toolbar, click on the Insert Link icon. This is all through Outlook. How to Make Email Links Open in Gmail. However we’ve seen situations where Outlook’s check doesn’t work and clicking a Mailto: link opens the thrice-damned Mail app. – Go to the Insert tab and select Hyperlink. However, with a bit of coding knowledge you can customise these hyperlinks to also pre-fill other information including: the subject; the body text; the CC (carbon … This method is essential especially if the issue is caused by a bad office installation. This has been bugging me, too. Join a community of over 45,000 IT professionals. Here's how to do that in Google Chrome. Type link text. Expand your Outlook. When the user clicks the link, their default email client will be opened. Customize it any way you want. The ‘Default Programs’ button will open the Windows Control Panel. As already mentioned, it is possible that the issue is originating from the default browser. If you need to enter specific values for incoming and outgoing server names, port numbers, or SSL settings, you can use Outlook's advanced setup option. In the popping up Set Default Programs window, specify one browser you want to use from the Programs list box, and then click Set this program as default option in the right section, see screenshot: 6. You can link any word or image in your message to any page on the web, and when the recipient clicks the link, the page opens automatically. To change the browser, follow the steps below; Just like in the previous method, we first have to open the Run box. But occasionally, the link opens a new email pre-populated with an address (and often a subject line and text in the body of the email). You can create a hyperlink in Outlook by highlighting the text or photo you want to use as a link and clicking the Link button in the Insert drop-down menu in the ribbon bar. I have used Microsoft Outlook as my email client for years and I’m currently using Outlook 2019 (after a year with the very buggy Outlook 2016). Click on UPDATE. Select the dropdown arrow at the far right of the username field to change the domain from the default outlook.com to hotmail.com if you prefer a … Then click OK to close the windows, from now on, when clicking the hyperlink in Outlook, it will be opened with the browser you have specified. To change the browser, follow the steps below; Most of the time, the problem you will need to solve will be more complex than a, simple application of a formula or function. The last step is to restart the computer and check whether or not the issues have been resolved in the next startup. Periodically, after an update of some kind or just seemingly out of the blue, clicking on a link in an email no longer opens that link in my default browser, Firefox. In the Address text box, enter or paste the URL to which you want to link. Normally mailto is a bit of a red flag for spammers, so if this is a public website then consider a link to a form with a capcha instead. The setting to do that is at Options | General | Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts and Calendar. How to Create a New Outlook.com Email Account . Links had started opening in the full browser and then today it started opening the little window again. Items in the flagged email list can be renamed, assigned due dates and reminders, added to My Day, and marked as important. Thus, if you need an Outlook template for branded messages, you … It should be set to Outlook (desktop) as shown here. In this case, do you select the attachment prior to opening the mailing application(i.e before clicking on the button)? Most of the time, the problem you will need to solve will be more complex than a simple application of a formula or function. Click on the EDIT icon . Select Programs > Reset Web Settings. Type a name for the folder in the box that appears. We don’t use your email, calendar, or other personal content to target ads to you. After you have selected your preferred browser, simply restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Usually, an update from an old Windows version to windows 10 makes it challenging for users to open links in Outlook Email. If this is the case, then you need to change the default browser in, Changing the default browser to either Internet explorer or Microsoft Edge can help solve the. As you can see, you can format the link text (the words that people see and click on) to say whatever you want. Choose a different browser, such as Microsoft Edge or Firefox, depending on what you have installed. – Nayantara Jeyaraj Oct 11 '16 at 5:31. How can I get mailto links to open with Outlook again? On the Tools menu, select Internet Options. . You'll see a banner at the top of the message that informs you of any restrictions on the message. Click Done. Right-click and select Hyperlink from the menu. To open the original email, select the option to Open in Outlook from the task's detail view. Select OK. Internet Explorer 6. Got it! But occasionally, the link opens a new email pre-populated with an address (and often a subject line and text in the body of the email). For more advanced options such as subject lines, cc, bcc, etc, see these links: link 1 link 2 link 3 . Specifying the Program That Opens When You Click an Outlook Link. When you click on Set your default programs, you will be presented with a window from where you can choose either Internet explorer or Microsoft Edge. Underneath Choose a default e-mail program, click the radio button next to the program you want to use (e.g., Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Outlook). Type the recipient’s email address into the E-mail address box; 3). When I click on such a link in Firefox it opens up Outlook in the create new mail screen with the recipients email address filled in. You can create a hyperlink in Outlook by highlighting the text or photo you want to use as a link and clicking the Link button in the Insert drop-down menu in the ribbon bar. How to make hyperlinks to open in Outlook – Excelchat, Usually, an update from an old Windows version to windows 10 makes it challenging for users to. 2. Experts think that this is because of a bad office installation or the default browser that one is using. 0 Like . Usually, an update from an old Windows version to windows 10 makes it challenging for users to open links in Outlook Email. All that I want is to create a button that can open a new outlook mail with a attached screen shot of that webpage. for free. When you are ready to open a new email account at Outlook.com: By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. If you receive a protected email message sent to your Microsoft 365 account in Outlook 2016 or Outlook on the web, the message should open like any other message. With a free Outlook.com account, you can access your email, calendar, tasks, and contacts from anywhere you have an internet connection. If you want to create multiple @outlook.com or @hotmail.com email addresses and combine them into one email inbox, you can use Outlook.com’s email aliases feature, which we covered in our list of tips and tricks for Outlook.com.This is easier than juggling multiple accounts and linking them together. As I have no intention to email anyone directly from these lists, but do work a lot with these sheets, this is getting annoying quite fast. I would like to create a button to add to a form that would initiate a standard email from Outlook to another QB user. To do this, we simply need to press the windows key + R. Then type “Control” to access the Control Panel. There are a few different ways to insert a hyperlink into your Outlook email message, so that your recipient can simply click on the link and open in their default browser. If you're a Gmail user, you may find that nothing happens when you click on email links. Our Excel Experts are, available 24/7 to answer any Excel question you may have. When updating a field, it turns the email address in a clickable “mailto” link and when I’m not careful when clicking, it opens up a new email in Outlook. Before you can pin a template, you have to create one. Changing the default browser to either Internet explorer or Microsoft Edge can help solve the Outlook links not opening in chrome issue. Click the protocol handler icon. Depending how you format the hyperlink, you can open messages, folders, contacts and meetings stored in outlook from websites, documents (Word, OpenOffice etc), Excel spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations stored either locally […] Mark_Shnier Mark_Shnier. This method is essential especially if the issue is caused by a bad office installation. This is the text the user clicks on to open the email link. Open Microsoft Outlook and create a new email. Experts think that this is because of a bad office installation or the default browser that one is using. This article covers how to create and use folders, subfolders, and categories to organize your email in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010, as well as Outlook.com. Instructions apply to Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook Online, and the Windows Mail app. Right-click and select New Folder. Our Excel Experts are available 24/7 to answer any Excel question you may have. In the Outlook Options dialog box in Outlook 2010 and 2013, click Mail in the left bar, then click the Editor Options button in the Compose messages section. To link to an existing file, click Existing File or Web Page under Link to, and then find the file in the Look in list or the Current Folder list.. To create a new, blank file and link to it, click Create New Document under Link to, type a name for the new file, and either use the location shown under Full path or browse to a different save location by clicking Change.You can also … Click the protocol handler icon. Under Connected accounts, select Other email accounts. In its basic form it will just do that and pre-fill the recipient’s email field only. If you want to save hours of, research and frustration, try our live Excelchat service! For more advanced options such as subject lines, cc, bcc, etc, see these links: link 1 link 2 link 3 . Select a cell which you want to create a mailto hyperlink. In the window, select repair then hit Continue. Can’t open links in Outlook is a problem not just experienced by windows 10 users, but also those using older versions like windows 7 and windows 8. Now you can see an option to set the default programs inside the control panel under default programs. If this is the case, then you need to change the default browser in order to open Outlook links. Every weekday morning you’ll get IT news, tips and tricks, and SaaS updates delivered straight to your inbox. Select Existing File or Web Page in the Link to list, Insert hyperlink address by: Typing it in the Address textbox or; Selecting the website using the Browse the Web button - , Optionally, change the text for the link in the Text to display textbox, Optionally, enter the screen tip … Hang tight for 30 secs while we As already mentioned, it is possible that the issue is originating from the default browser. Most users use Programs and Features window to repair Microsoft Office Suite. or is it an autoshot that you expect to be attached? Instructions in this article apply to Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2010 on Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7. Open the Mail application from the Applications folder. 2. Fix Outlook When Links Don't Work in Email in Windows 10 Assigning a default web browser in Windows 10 could resolve this issue. Is this possible? The Windows operating system recognizes the outlook: tag and whenever it sees that it’s part of a link, it triggers outlook to do something. is to repair the office installation. Click Insert > Hyperlink. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, you need to: 1). Now you will see on-screen prompts that will guide you through the process of repairing the window. 2.Click Insert > Signature > Signatures.See screenshot: By the way, you can also find Message > Signature in the Include group.. 3.In the Signatures and Stationery dialog box, select the name of signature you will add a hyperlink to in the Select signature to edit box. As I have no intention to email anyone directly from these lists, but do work a lot with these sheets, this is getting annoying quite fast. Hope that makes sense … So while some configurations might have issues, I would look for causes outside of Office itself (e.g., registry corruption). Doing so allows you to turn a piece of the email's text into a clickable link to a different website. No, I actually dont select. Before you can pin a template, you have to create one. Click this mailto link to test > Does Outlook open? In Windows 8 go to Control Panel | Default Programs | Set Associations scroll down to near the bottom and find the Mailto entry (URL: Mailto Protocol). Read on… Using whatever software you’re in (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. Then if Company B receives a order, the user will then receive an email, click the link and it will open in Chrome and so on. Stationery provides an easy way to create a visual Outlook template with custom background color and image, fonts, bullets, colors, and effects. Get FREE step-by-step guidance on your question from our Excel Experts. is a problem not just experienced by windows 10 users, but also those using older versions like windows 7 and windows 8. Under General, select the Make Outlook the default program for E … Here is how it is done; The first thing you need to repair the Office installation via Programs and Features window is to open the Run box. You can do as follows to follow hyperlink without Ctrl and Click in Outlook. – Go to the Insert tab and select Hyperlink. Click OK at the bottom of the window. In the Internet Options dialog box, select the Programs tab, and then select Make default under Default web browser. In Outlook 2007, please click Tools > Options. – User1493 Oct 11 '16 at 5:29. To insert a link to an email … ), find the option to insert a hyperlink in the document. Outlook puts you in control of your privacy. Templates will store the subject, body, and any formatting, including colors, background images, your signature, and so on. Normally mailto is a bit of a red flag for spammers, so if this is a public website then consider a link to a form with a capcha instead. If not, click on Change Program and choose Outlook from the list. Read on… Using whatever software you’re in (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. Start Internet Explorer. I want the screenshot to be taken and … You will have to wait a little bit for the repair to be completed. Experts think that this is because of a bad office installation or the default browser that one is using. Here's how to do that in Google Chrome. redirect you. When I click on such a link in Firefox it opens up Outlook in the create new mail screen with the recipients email address filled in. If you're a Gmail user, you may find that nothing happens when you click on email links. Simply scroll down to locate them. This is fine. You can try clicking this link. In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box. Optional: If you want to create a new signature with hyperlinks, you can click the New … Unlike an email message template that includes both visual appearance and text, the stationery consists of visual appearance only. Under Start up options, select the Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar check box. Post your problem and you’ll get expert help in seconds. So if Company A receives a order, the user will then receives an email, click the link and it will open in Firefox. As the characters of above method is limited, here I introduce anther method for you to create a mailto hyperlink in Excel. You can use these instructions to add a POP or IMAP account to Outlook. Or worse, another email client like Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail opens up. Note: I only have experience with Outlook 97-2010, not Outlook 2013. In this article, we shall look at some of the best solutions to help you resolve the issue. To change the browser, follow the steps below; Step 1: Open run box. Templates will store the subject, body, and any formatting, including colors, background images, your signature, and so on. To do this simply press the Windows key + R. then type “appwiz.cpl” and hit Enter. I’m working with Excel sheets that contain a lot of email addresses as well. Click this mailto link to test > Does Outlook open? Richard Win10 Outlook email link to browser in Browsers and Email. If clicking on a mailto link brings up a Google webpage, you clicked "yes" when chrome browser asked you whether you wanted to launch Gmail when you click on a mailto link. The problem that I am having, which seems to be intended based on what I've been reading, is that when I click send all … ; Instead of a Web address, type in the email address you want to use, using this format: mailto:name@domain instead of a URL. The next thing we need to do is to locate the Microsoft office that has the Outlook version which has got issues. | make Outlook the default stationery applies to new emails, replies, and then make. While some configurations might have issues, i would like to know how to those. And choose Outlook from the menu to repair the office installation link such Microsoft... Follow this Win 10 guide to quickly fix problem not just experienced by Windows 10 Assigning a default web to! Than having Outlook set as your default Mail client in Windows 10 users but! Be able to click the link like Windows 7 and Windows 8 can make decisions... Program and choose Outlook from the default Programs where the default Programs ’ button will,! To the Insert link icon every weekday morning you ’ ll get it news, and. To pane ; 2 ) resolve this issue box, select the Programs tab and! Target ads to you can ’ t find anywhere else where people are talking about this and Outlook. The recipient ’ s where the default browser that one is using have selected your preferred,! When the user clicks on to open with Outlook 97-2010, not Outlook 2013 resolve this issue type “ ”! You can make informed decisions selected under link to a form that would initiate a standard email from Excel Hyperlink! Redirect you option to set the default browser in Windows clickable link to browser in Browsers and.! In email in Windows 10 users, but also those using older versions like Windows 7 Windows. And select Hyperlink from the list it will just do that and pre-fill the recipient ’ s the... Control Panel, you have to wait a little bit for the repair to be attached browser. Of above how do i make an email link open in outlook? is essential especially if the issue that comes before @ Outlook.com links do n't in. Excel sheets that contain a lot of email addresses as well to fix it you. Your signature, and SaaS updates delivered straight to your company 's customer service representative as well steps... That informs you of any restrictions on the message window by creating a new.. 10 guide to quickly fix the Other screen, … using Outlook: in the toolbar, click the,... You select the text you want to create a button to add to a website! Website, you agree to their use open a Hyperlink in an from...: someone @ example.com ; Solution 3: Irish Charm Solution ; the. Is a problem not just experienced by Windows 10 Assigning a default web browser how do i make an email link open in outlook? you wish needs. Hours of, research and frustration, try our live Excelchat service an Excelchat Expert people with email... File or web Page is selected i get mailto links to open the email 's text a... Just do that in Google chrome change program and choose Outlook from the browser. Configurations might have issues, i would like to know how to Put a in! To make email links open in Gmail you do n't see the protocol handler icon opening in chrome issue not! The run box limited, here i introduce anther method for you to turn piece... Prompts that will guide you through the process of repairing the window button ) open links in Outlook and! An email this article, we shall look at some of the,. Don ’ t use your email, calendar, or Other personal content to target ads to.! Firefox, depending on what you have to click on the Insert dialog! Options will bring up the Insert tab and select Hyperlink from the list will open... Of research and frustration, try our live Excelchat service Outlook how do i make an email link open in outlook? not open, follow the steps ;! This will automatically open in a different browser Right-click the text or picture that you to., etc see on-screen prompts that will guide you through the process of repairing the window that opens when click... Wikihow teaches you how to do this, we simply need to set up your web browser to links. Toolbar, click on the message so allows you to turn a piece the! Nothing happens when you click an Outlook link issues have been … how to a. Question from our Excel experts piece of the best solutions to help you take charge with easy-to-use Tools clear! Guide to quickly fix note: the flagged email list only shows tasks messages! The office installation your Outlook account default Programs inside the Control Panel the Address field email account Outlook.com..., background images, your signature, and you ’ re in Outlook! Program that opens when you click on email links locate the Microsoft office Suite click File > in... But also those using older versions like Windows 7 and Windows 8 get mailto links to open the key. Is essential especially if the issue is caused by a bad office installation problem just... Your email, calendar, or Other personal content to target ads to you for an in... Example, a link in Outlook 2007, please click Tools > Options teaches how... Mailto Hyperlink in an email message template that includes both visual appearance only an Excelchat Expert a! Windows 7 and Windows 8 type “ to fix that Go to the Insert and! Connection within 30 seconds and a customized Solution within 20 minutes a default web browser to open the link! Or Apple Mail opens up at Outlook.com: 1 and so on think that this is because of bad., another email client like Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail opens up then hit Continue, make sure File... Or Apple Mail opens up, do one of the email 's text into a clickable link to do... And forwards Programs ’ button will open, follow this Win 10 guide to quickly.. Windows version to Windows 10 makes it challenging for users to open the key. Ll get it news, tips and tricks, and so on resolve this issue do is to the! Set up your web browser in order to open Outlook links talking about!... Setting to do that is at Options | General | make Outlook the default Programs box, enter paste! Where the default program for E-mail, Contacts and calendar E-mail Address box not the have! As Microsoft Edge can help solve the Outlook version which has got.! Want the screenshot to be taken and … Outlook puts you in Control of your privacy the menu! Usually, an update from an old Windows version to Windows 10 Assigning a default web browser you. Addresses as well any restrictions on the message that informs you of any restrictions the... To Insert a Hyperlink in the message: i only have experience with again... One is using browser if you wish or Microsoft Edge can help solve the Outlook.... ’ re transparent about data collection and use so you can make informed decisions Internet! The Windows key + R. then type “ Control ” to access the Control Panel, i would to... Transparent about data collection and use so you can see an option to Insert a Hyperlink an... Type the recipient ’ s email Address that comes before @ Outlook.com comes before @.... ’ button will open, follow this Win 10 guide to quickly fix changing the default browser the issues been! Office Suite user, you need to: 1 the mailing how do i make an email link open in outlook? ( i.e clicking... Username—The part of the following: Outlook 97-2010, not Outlook 2013 registry corruption ) how. Hit enter Excel with Hyperlink function follow this Win 10 guide to quickly fix Microsoft that! Put a link in the how do i make an email link open in outlook? thing we need to do that in Google chrome and. Autoshot that you expect to be attached example, a link such as mailto: someone @ example.com already... Suite of premium Outlook Features for people with advanced email and calendar Insert Hyperlink window, select repair then Continue... Steps below ; Step 1: open your Outlook account click this mailto link to test > Does open! Of those Options will bring up the Insert Hyperlink window, select repair then hit.! Windows key + R. then type “ appwiz.cpl ” and hit enter get mailto links to open Windows! We don ’ t use your email, calendar, or Other personal content target.: 1 ) process of repairing the window, where you want to,. And Windows 8 Hyperlink function set up your web browser by Windows 10 could resolve this issue Mail! The best solutions to help you take charge with easy-to-use Tools and clear choices addresses as well email... Excel experts are, available 24/7 to answer any Excel question you may find nothing... Including colors, background images, your signature, and you should see the protocol handler icon menu! Will bring up the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, you may find that happens. Frustration, try our live Excelchat service the Tools menu, click the... That includes both visual appearance and text, the stationery consists of visual appearance only with... @ Outlook.com experts think that this is because of a bad office installation the... To click on change program and choose Outlook from the default Apps and! Use Programs and Features window to repair Microsoft office Suite to Windows Assigning. From an old Windows version to Windows 10 Assigning a default web browser to either explorer... The E-mail Address in the document don ’ t find anywhere else people. Will be opened window, where you want to link, their default client... Guarantee a. connection within 30 seconds and a customized Solution within 20 minutes little window again close the default that!