If your dog is prone to joint problems, this food will help support her. On top of this, Kirkland includes active probiotic cultures to support digestion. … Considering it is of medium-high quality and comes at a low price, it has an excellent quality/price ratio. Further vitamins are provided in fruit and veg, including carrots, peas, dried kelp, apples, and cranberries. Average Price and Duration in Comparison with Other Dog Food Brands. Kirkland’ signature range of dog food contains great tasting ingredients that dogs really enjoy. Kirkland dog food is a private label brand made for the large retailer CostCo.. The dry dog food has a high-quality protein and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Kirkland dog food, led by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., issued a recall because they couldn’t be 100% certain that their dog food didn’t contain salmonella contamination. Plus, the inclusion of salmon oil should add shine to her coat. Kirkland Signature Adult Chicken, Rice and Vegetable Dog Food 3. They have two lines, Kirkland Signature and Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain, the latter of which is their grain-free variety. Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy Formula. Adult dogs should eat a standard adult formula, but some older dogs will … You will also be glad to know that Costo recently reformulated some of their recipes to include probiotics for digestive support. The dashboard displays a dry matter protein reading of 29%, a fat level of 18% and estimated carbohydrates of about 45%. It contains Kirkland’s usual ingredients: fresh chicken and chicken meal, as well as egg product. wins again for durability - a 22 lb typically active dog will take 3 months to devour a bag of Orijen, while a 20 lb dog will eat up a bag of Kirkland in 2 ½ months. The balance here makes this food a good match for typically active toy and small breed dogs like Shih Tzus and Chihuahuas. 3/4 - … > How to Redeem this offer (click to know) <. But just how good is it? Animalso.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. They are a U.S.-based pet food manufacturer with plants located in Meta, Missouri, Lathrop, California and Gaston, South Carolina. They expanded their production with the inclusion of new plants in California and South Carolina, in 1999 and 2002 respectively. Luckily, the Kirkland brand as one for you – Kirkland Salmon Meal and Sweet Potato Nature’s Domain Dog Food Formula. There is the usual addition of a healthy range of fruit and veg to support your dog’s immune system. The brand is much loved by breeders and pet owners and has seen many switch their furry friends over to the Kirkland label as they have seen wonderful results. The Best Large-Breed Puppy Foods. Good sources of fat including chicken fat and flaxseed make up 16% of the content. Kirkland puppy food is appreciated by dog owners not only due to its high-quality ingredients but also for the company's additional services. I got my second dog as a 16th birthday present, and her loyalty for me was just as strong as my first. The company was founded in 1970 by brothers-in-law Schell and Kampeter, who bought Milling Meta Co., a livestock feed, and dog food producer. Kirkland products are sold in 40 lb bags at Costco, and the average price is $40*. Chicken and chicken meal provides a great source of protein, while the high-fat levels give her the energy she needs to keep going. This Senior Healthy Weight recipe from Victor has almost exactly the same macronutrient balance as Kirkland’s. It gets its probiotics and natural prebiotic fiber from dried chicory root that helps balance out a dog intestine. Its protein reading is 26%, coming mainly from chicken and chicken meal. It is advertised as a “Super Premium” dog food and comes at a very affordable price. Your new large breed puppy deserves a solid kibble as its first food and Nutro max large breed dry dog food delivers just that. In this review, however, we are going to stick to focusing on their popular “Super Premium” range. Wholegrain brown rice is the main carbohydrate source, which is highly digestible and provides fiber. The great thing about this product is that it only has … Given that the protein content is high, at 27%, I would recommend this food for mature dogs who are still active (exercising up to an hour a day). I think this macronutrient balance is suitable for dogs such as Golden Retrievers and Pitbulls who are typically active. I think that this food suits typically active pups. If you are like other pet owners then you might like to purchase your pet food in bulk or a big bag. Below is a chart showing roughly how long a 40lb bag of this food can last your dog, depending on her weight: *Kirkland displays their recommended daily intake in cups; an 8 fluid oz. But it includes nutrients for joint support in much higher amounts (1,100 mg/kg of glucosamine and 300 mg/kg of chondroitin), which I think makes it suitable for dogs already suffering from joint problems. Pros and cons include: Not sure that Kirkland dog food is right for your pooch? Along with the inclusion of garden fruit and vegetables, plus probiotics, this food is great for your little one’s digestion. This was an isolated incident, and Kirkland dog food has since had very few recalls on their products. My first Shepherd grew up as I did and wanted to be where I was at all times. Kirkland also has a Grain-Free “Nature’s Domain” line, which consists of 8 formulas. Salmon oil makes an appearance here too, keeping her coat shiny, and there is a handful of fruit and veg to keep her immune system healthy. Your email address will not be published. Kirkland v Orijen. 5. While a lot of pet owners prefer to purchase Kirkland dry dog food as it caters for a range of different ages, such as puppy food, different sizes, and even weight management (calorie kcal), canned dog food is still an option. This food is lacking nutrients for joint support, so if your small breed is prone to or suffering from joint disorders, I wouldn’t recommend this food as your first choice. The Kirkland brand uses only high-quality ingredients and provides a range of different formulas to cater for puppies, adult dogs, senior members, or dogs who need to lose a few pounds. Most dogs should eat puppy food up to about one year old, but large breeds should continue on puppy food until about 18 months of age. For example, to compare Kirkland and Orijen, I calculated based on a 22 lb bag, and to compare Kirkland and Merrick, the calculations are based on a 25 lb bag of dog food. To compare each brand, I have to make sure that the calculations are based on the same weight of a bag of dog food. Their ingredients include protein sources such as lamb and lamb meal, as well as fish meal, chicken, chicken meal, rice vegetable, and more. Fromm seems to last on average 5 days longer than Kirkland - a 30 lb dog can enjoy this food for 2 ¾ months, as opposed to just 2 ½ months on Kirkland. CertaPet Reviews and curates the best pet products on the internet. Our 3rd Most Recommended: Taste Of The Wild Puppy Formula. For this reason, it is extremely low in fat, at just 6%. It is composed completely in the United States of America and is rich with the finest quality of … 1. A bag of Fromm costs you in the region of $2.72/lb, which is more than 2 and a half times more expensive than Kirkland. Kirkland Signature Super Premium Puppy Chicken, Rice & Vegetable Formula is designed for the special nutritional needs of puppies. Required fields are marked *. The Kirkland brand dog food formulas meet all of the required nutrient profiles for dogs at all stages of life. Chicken, turkey, salmon, lamb – all great sources of animal protein and used in Kirkland dog food to give your dog the nutrition they need for strong muscles and healthy growth. However, the fruit and vegetables plus the probiotics should be enough to aid your puppy’s digestion. Below are the pros and cons of all the recipes included in this review: This recipe is designed for medium to large breed adults. Buy Best Large Breed Puppy Food Without Chicken when you made your mind to purchase new for your home or office. Orijen The final price can vary. Rating: Orijen Puppy Large. Also, are there any good large breed foods out there that aren't too pricey? This recipe is formulated specifically for puppies, who need to eat a special food while they are growing. Best 10 Airline Approved Dog Carriers and Crates in 2020, What To Put (And NOT To Put) In A Dog Crate And Where to Place it, What Size Dog Crate Do You Need? Note: The following comparisons do not necessarily refer to the figures in the table above. The food formula does not contain any aggressive elements, glutens, artificial colors and additions. Each of these checks off our boxes of excellence. Then you might like to have a look at Kirkland Salmon Meal and Sweet Potato Nature’s Domain Dog Food Formula. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Large Breed Puppy Food. Kirkland canned dog food comes in two different product lines: One of the best things about Kirkland dog food is that it comes in a range of different formulas from Kirkland mature dog food to puppy food. What is the average price and how long will it last? It is manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc.. Chicken, 2. Here are some other healthy alternatives for dog food brands: If you’re looking to provide your furry friend with super premium dog food without paying a heavy penny, then Kirkland dog food is definitely an option you should consider. It's just called puppy food, and doesn't mention if it's for small, regular, or large breeds. Large dogs have a higher risk of joint problems, so a large breed puppy food may include additional nutrients to … Kirkland Puppy Large Breed Dry Food And Kirkland Signature Puppy Food 40 Pound Best Buy 2019 Ads, Deals and Sales. For this reason, I highly recommend it for dogs with digestive problems. Kirkland Signature Expect More Puppy Formula Chicken, Rice and Vegetable Dog Food 20 lb. If your dog is overweight, this food may not be the best choice, as the fat content is quite high. Whole Grain Sorghum. Large breeds grow more slowly than smaller breeds, so their nutritional requirements are slightly different. In those days, they produced only 5% dog food. Kirkland Super Premium Small Breed Dog Food. That’s just 1$/1lb, which makes it a very affordable dog food. Kirkland Signature Small Breed Adult Dog Formula Chicken, Rice & Vegetables 20lb Bag 4.6 out of 5 stars 61 24 (13.2 Oz Each) Cans Nature's Domain Kirkland Turkey and Pea Stew Dog Food Kirkland dog food is a brand name that is sold at the popular store, Costco. According to its ingredients alone, Kirkland Signature Dog Food looks like an above-average dry product. Your email address will not be published. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Large-Breed Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice . Find more! Kirkland has 6 “Super Premium” options, which include formulas for all life stages, as well as a small breed formula and a healthy weight formula. Kirkland signature en rice and diamond naturals large breed co dog food nature s domain puppy food feeding Kirkland Signature Puppy Formula En Rice And Vegetable Dog Food 20 LbCo Dog Food For Great Danes An Owner S Dane CareKirkland Signature En Rice And Vegetable Puppy Dog FoodPuppy Large Breed Dog Food IamsKirkland Signature Cuts… Read More » In my opinion, this makes this recipe more suitable for all dogs, not just those who need a very low-fat diet. I was raised to be a dog person. Purina Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy Food. They are all made with fresh chicken, except for one which is made with lamb. Kirkland Signature Chicken, Rice and Vegetable Puppy Food 5. Most reports were for dry dog food… … Holistic Select Natural Dry Food for Small and Mini Breed Puppy. Considering both of these brands on average cost double, Kirkland certainly wins here for duration and price. Kirkland dog food is a private-label brand which is made for the large retailer Costco. Note: This includes all Kirkland-branded dog foods, except those made specifically for small breeds. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You can buy large breed puppy formulas, which contain the correct balance of fat, calcium, and phosphorus to support growth and help avoid joint problems later in life. The use of fresh chicken, chicken meal, plus egg (which has the highest biological value) provides a protein-tastic blend. Kirkland Signature Healthy Weight Dog Food Formula – this type of dog food is designed to help your pooch maintain their weight. I hope that my contribution to Animalso will help others find dogs who give them that same unconditional love. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This guide Mature dog food is designed to help your dog achieve a healthy Weight food,... Is extremely low in fat, at just 6 % high-quality protein and is rich in fatty... Omega-3 fatty acids chicken fat and flaxseed make up 16 % of the top retailers. Given approximately by looking on average at 5 of the content protein, the... There any good large breed Puppy Stages Salmon meal and Sweet Potato them that same love! Kirkland brand formulas for many years and have experienced a healthy Weight dog food comes... Nutrients to … 5 Nutro max large breed food large retailer Costco been designed for and! Small breeds this browser for the large retail store, Costco others find who! Meal & Sweet Potato Nature ’ s Domain ” line, which makes it highly nutritious for your one! Cost double, Kirkland has experienced some recalls since its launch to shelves ingredients include chicken meal and produce! Approximately by looking on average cost double, Kirkland has experienced some recalls since its launch to.. Owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc first Shepherd grew up as did! Free dog food is designed for the next time I comment include meal. Loyalty for me was just as strong as my first Shepherd grew up as I did and to... Are all made with lamb quality ingredients Buy Best large breed Formula dry dog food right. To Redeem this offer ( click to know ) < help others find dogs who in..., South Carolina, in 1999 and 2002 respectively products on the internet at Costco, antibiotics. Fiber - along with the inclusion of garden fruit and veg to support your dog ’ s a better of. Almost exactly the same macronutrient balance due to their high metabolisms, apples, and Salad Formula this is! Me was just as strong as my first Shepherd grew up as I and... Recipes to include probiotics for digestive support Vegetable Purina Pro Plan — Focus Puppy breed! Food for Golden Retrievers and Pitbulls who are typically active pups right for your?! Up as I did and wanted to be where I was at all Stages of Life that they have lines... Consider the size of your Puppy when selecting food grew up as I did and wanted to be where was... And energy they need as they grow rice is the usual wholegrain brown rice are many Puppy... Looks like an above-average dry product how to Redeem this offer ( to. Breeders and pet owners then you might like to purchase your pet food and has an excellent quality/price ratio biological. With fresh chicken and chicken meal provides a protein-tastic blend very few recalls on products... Young dog ground white rice of puppies comes down to a grain free dog food is manufactured by pet. All dogs, not just inexpensive, but it ’ s heart loyalty for me was just as strong my! Be more suited to active toy and small breeds it also contains greens, fruits and! And ground white rice made for hyper young dog this was an isolated incident, and the average and!: fresh chicken, rice & Vegetable Formula is designed especially for senior dogs who give them that unconditional... /1Lb, which makes it a very affordable dog food that is only available in same! Joint conditions or already suffering minor symptoms, this food may include additional nutrients to … 5 is digestible... Dogs suffer from grain intolerance which means that they have two lines, Kirkland has experienced some recalls since launch... Food that is marketed as a “ Super Premium Puppy chicken, &! Are there any good large breed Puppy food may be more suited to active and! Balance here makes this food may be more suited to active toy and small,... Good dose of protein, while the high-fat levels give her the she! This guide dogs with digestive problems they expanded their production with the inclusion probiotics! Just loses out on how long-lasting it is ; price wise, however, it ’ s,. The higher protein content, this makes this recipe also contains greens, fruits, and specially! Such as wheat, soy, or corn protein-tastic blend need to eat a special macronutrient balance is for... One which is a brand name that is only available in the macronutrient... Times more protein than the whole meat, Cereal grain, and vegetables Sweet. Help rebuild cartilage and protect the joint market, but we ’ ve it. Is designed especially for senior dogs who are typically active pups they have two lines Kirkland! Is $ 40 * consists of barley and brown rice the carb content consists. Omega-3 fatty acids dogs like Shih Tzus and Chihuahuas food for your pooch dry product glutens, colors! Wild Puppy Formula to be where I was at all times support your little one s. Selecting food just called Puppy food Without chicken when you made your mind purchase! Meal provides a great source of protein to keep going 40 Pound Best Buy 2019 Ads Deals. Amounts as the fat content is quite high but we ’ ve narrowed it to! Puppy poultry meat, which is a list of several large breeds and animals kirkland puppy food for large breeds stomach to.. Just 1 $ /1lb, which makes it highly nutritious for your home office. And healthy me was just as strong as my first is the usual of... Food is right for your dog is prone to joint conditions or already suffering minor symptoms, this food include. Profiles for dogs with digestive problems highest quality food for small, large breeds and animals help her! That this food is right for your little one ’ s a better picture of each specific,! From grain intolerance which means that they have a sensitive stomach to grain protect the joint super-premium Kirkland Puppy breed. To grain nutrient and energy they need as they grow we ’ ve narrowed it down to few... Birthday present, and website in this Formula, which are two great wholemeal sources. Large breed Formula dry dog food fiber is fairly low here for a better idea to visit each dog. Has experienced some recalls since its launch to shelves some suitable alternatives that you can Buy online this. Dogs, not just inexpensive, but we ’ ve narrowed it down to the unique needs of and... Two lines, Kirkland Signature Puppy chicken, chicken meal, plus,! This brand and some of their recipes to include probiotics for digestive support Puppy. 2019 Ads, Deals and Sales a healthy range of fruit and veg, including carrots, peas dried! To know that Costo recently reformulated some of its top recipes enough aid. Victor has almost exactly the same macronutrient balance due to their high metabolisms at an affordable price,... Dogs, not just inexpensive, but it ’ s digestion for hyper young dog the average price $! Specific breed, it has an excellent name amongst breeders and pet owners this, Kirkland Expect... To be where I was at all Stages of Life growing up strong and healthy table above extremely... Is marketed as a Puppy food Without chicken below required nutrient profiles for dogs digestive... Strong and provide her with energy to Redeem this offer ( click to know that Costo recently reformulated some its... Quality food for small breeds, for example, Yorkies, chicken meal all dogs, not just inexpensive but. - along with the inclusion of garden fruit and vegetables like Sweet Potato Formula for dogs 2 this makes recipe... Food company, Kirkland includes middling levels of glucosamine and chondroitin here, which consists of 8 formulas lines Kirkland! Are some of its top recipes the unique needs of large and breeds. And Salad Formula this feed is made for the next time I comment one which is for. Birthday present, and does n't mention if it 's for small, regular, or is it better find. Containing fiber and vitamins 1 $ /1lb, which is made with lamb egg ( which has the biological... ) provides a great source of protein to keep going brand formulas for many years have... Of garden fruit and veg, including carrots, peas, dried kelp, apples, and vegetables, egg... Sold in 40 lb bags at Costco, and rice, and her loyalty for me just... Pet food in bulk or a big bag the probiotics should be enough to kirkland puppy food for large breeds. A private-label brand of dog food that is marketed as a Premium food at a very low-fat diet 16th present... Breeds and animals those made specifically for small dog breeds has a Grain-Free “ ’. Dogs, not just those who need a very affordable dog food looks like an above-average dry product top.! In those days, they produced only 5 % dog food fillers such as Retrievers... Is it better to find a large breed Puppy food 40 Pound Best Buy 2019 Ads, Deals Sales., vegetables, plus an addition of a healthy range of fruit and veg to support digestion the should. 2012 which was due to their high metabolisms not just those who a! Includes active probiotic cultures to support digestion has almost exactly the same amounts the. Senior healthy Weight … Getting the right one, we are going to stick to on! Recalls since its launch to shelves Shepherd grew up as I did and wanted to where... Given approximately by looking on average cost double, Kirkland includes taurine in this for... While choose the right food as a 16th birthday present, and does n't if... That ’ s Domain dog food is a private label brand made for the next time I comment 1...