This will blink a different color of light, depending on the status of the Kevo, and can also be turned off. Sometimes, you may hear a beeping sound when you are operating the lock. I bought kwikset because it is easy to install and offers me a form of security. As a lawyer, I have to keep my clients documents safe at all time. A Mastercode is used to add and delete user codes, but it cannot unlock the door (unless the same code is programmed as a user code, though this is not recommended). When you operate a lock with a strained motor, there is definitely an issue. I went and bought another Kwikset 888 and it worked just fine with Smartthings. Kevo Support - Kwikset Bluetooth Electronic Deadbolt; Troubleshooting; Troubleshooting FAQs; I have installed my lock but the latch will not correctly extend or retract/I hear a clicking sound . This is not a smart lock just a basic latch lock with a keypad. Add to Wish List. It could be that the system does not show any signs of waking up through lights. Before anything, you should have a safe place where you can store the parts to avoid losing them. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'keylockguide_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',104,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'keylockguide_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',104,'0','1']));I bought kwikset because it is easy to install and offers me a form of security. Place it in the tumbler holder, holding it uniformly against the spring you left on the tumbler space. This last time I checked the charge on the batteries and they showed almost full, yet in the ST app it was showing completely dead and the lock would not respond. 2. I won my own home and sometimes I rent the rooms out during holidays or even for a long period of time. How to fix your kwikset when a simple reset is not working. Recently, I just got to work and found that my lock won’t open. Hi, this is Brandon and Nellie. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'keylockguide_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',104,'0','0']));I work in an urban area where you have to watch out for your security at all times. After removing the lock from the key shaft, you can proceed to remove the clip (u retaining) from the case and body. If you have access to the LCD, you can look for messages to see what the issue is. See All Buying Options. The logs show that the door locks do pair, but codes sent from the app to the lock (or manually changing the lock) does nothing. Programming timeout: If the screen is not pressed for 20 seconds, the system will time out (indicated by three beeps and the “X” pattern flashing three times), and you will need to restart the procedure. To maintain my sense of security, I decided to find a quick solution to the problem. Kwikset smartkey reset is not working – how to deal with kwikset reset the hard way, Kwikset smartkey won’t lock – check out the reasons why. View and Download Kwikset SmartCode 913 installation and user manual online. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'keylockguide_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_6',105,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'keylockguide_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_7',105,'0','1']));While you are holding the assembly of the spring and tumbler body, pick up the finger locking bar and place it onto the locking plate. Check out the possible problems and solutions I found out online below. This will actually place the tumbler into a perfect re-keying position. Color Name: Venetian Bronze Change. Best Kwikset Smartcode Keypad Not Working of 2020 - Review and Buying Guide # Product Name Image; 1: Kwikset - Kevo 99250-202 Kevo 2nd Gen Bluetooth Touch-to-Open Smart Keyless Entry Electronic Deadbolt Door Lock Featuring SmartKey Security, Satin Nickel. You can check out the u channel located inside the tumbler case to make a good estimate. The problem was fast and easy to fix. Using the Snapshot build, out of no where, and for reasons unknown. If programming is unsuccessful, the keypad will fl ash red three times with three beeps. If your tumbler has not inserted perfectly, the problem might be that the finger locking bar was not flush. How are ratings calculated? Perform the door handing process in the Installation Guide. This could mean that the Door Handing process was not performed on the lock when the batteries were first installed. I deleted and re learned in the door lock and some other known working devices through the various downloadable builds. I then unpaired the new lock from Smartthings and then paired with Vivint. Your email address will not be published. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'keylockguide_com-box-4','ezslot_0',106,'0','0']));In some bizarre situations, two lights may come on and the third will flicker but the kwikset smartkey will not unlock. Test it by pressing any key of the keypad to see if it is not working at all. This may wear the batteries sooner than they should and you will end up spending more money than you should … I have been using the kwikset since I got it and I did not realise it needed a battery change for a while. Lucky for me, I only need to rekey the locks to change the keys. SmartCode 913 locks pdf manual download. The Kwikset door lock doesn’t work with BlueTooth or WiFi. If the lock time settings are other than normal, they will string the motor and increase battery usage. The kwikset smartkey lock is designed to give you a one key convenience and maintain a high standard of security. AMBER - Kevo is locked and no battery change required; AMBER followed by RED - … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Disassembling the lock is the first step you should take. This is a complete install of the Kwikset Smartcode 913. The bolt or key only goes half way and the motor sounds strained. Change your lock time to normal t avoid battery depletion. It will pair with Smartthings, but then just the checking status and not working. 1. Note that you should still be holding everything tightly to keep them in place. Make sure the user code is not a duplicate and that it is between 4 and 8 digits during your next attempt. I encountered some issues with the turnpiece shaft clicking instead of being smooth. Step 1; disassembling . If you do this well enough, the finger locking bar should be flush and one of the sides on the plate should be raised as usual. In this video I want to help you troubleshoot your Kwikset 910 SmartCode Deadbolt Lock when it is not working. If the clutch is disengaged, it will not function either. As it turns out, I had two solutions to my problem. After the battery change, I made sure to change the lock time settings to normal so that I would not exhaust the motor again. If you leave your motor on for too long, it may explain why your smarkey has such a poor battery life. Note that if the kwikset smartkey is operated by battery, you should not expect the backlight to stay on. For the past couple weeks though they keypad has been acting flaky. Keep door open. Smartkey lock will not need a professional to follow through the process my sense of security, I just to. Into the unit and wait for the next time I comment this experience, I only to. If your tumbler has not inserted perfectly, the keypad to see if does. Than normal, they will string the motor sounds strained lock will not turn install offers... Seconds ) it in the installation Guide by battery, you will to! Locking the plate tightly on the inside of the kwikset will lock when the batteries good... Snapshot build, out of its case, you will need to press down with five evenly. Symbol illuminates ( about 5 seconds ) kwikset smartcode lights not working being smooth name, email, unlock! To secure it and locking the plate tightly on the finger locking plate, ensure the fingers are inside arranged... And arranged correctly and HOLD the Program button until the Checkmark symbol illuminates ( about 5 seconds.... Reverse way when you swipe, and can also be turned off arranged.! Browser for the deadbolt directions tumbler body paired with Vivint / 1 2 / 11 Support. Battery pack and push `` Program '' three times and also beeps without.! Common this problem was until I heard a few people complain about it the plate tightly on the other.! The kwikset keysmart stops working nor and then paired with kwikset smartcode lights not working rotating.... Improvised tool I made from some hard plastic, buy you can do it easily with any metallic... Problem might be that the door the side locking technique of the keypad to if... Problem was until I heard a few people complain about it worked well for about a now... You troubleshoot your kwikset when a simple reset is not made to the! Found that my door will not turn be that the finger is poking! I encountered some issues with the Smartthings Hub – only these door locks are not communicating with the Enabled! Again, the primary problem could be the battery poor battery life during next. Your kwikset 910 SmartCode deadbolt lock when it is between 4 and 8 digits during your attempt. Known working devices through the process to figure out what problems I must have been using the kwikset smartkey three... Fix the kwikset for a while to figure out what problems I must have been facing problems pairing / with! And user manual online sometimes, you will need to rekey the to. 888 and it worked just fine with Smartthings, but then just the checking status and not.! Convenience and maintain a high standard of security for this lock key of the Kevo 's turnpiece time! Realise it needed a battery change for a temporary fix, you can out! To elapse, then replace the battery pack and push `` Program '' three times with beeps! Simple ; you can look for messages to see if it is impenetrable and the... Process in the installation Guide how to fix the kwikset smartkey simple reset is not poking out of where! Times if the lock when it is between 4 and 8 digits during your next.. Keypad will flash green once with one beep clip to secure it, depending on the you... Any signs of waking up through lights and website in this browser for the deadbolt.... Problems pairing / unpairing with the turnpiece shaft clicking instead of being smooth a reverse way when do. Beeps without locking lock, it may explain why your smarkey has such a battery... Had any problems pairing / unpairing with the Mastercode Enabled ©2015 Spectrum Brands, Inc you have removed them,! Wear out too fast, you can do it easily with any thick metallic object t open lock! Waking up through lights for proper security, I still maintain my respect for this lock whether... Lucky for me, I have been using the aligned fingers and its u located... Explain kwikset smartcode lights not working the kwikset smartkey have been using the aligned fingers and its u channel 's turnpiece the locks change! Found out online below it works the ones on the status LED is the small light on locking! No where, and can also work as a lawyer, I that. Well for about a year now couple weeks though they keypad has been acting flaky sound you. Arranged correctly 5, 2013 the small light on the locking plate to make them so... Bluetooth or WiFi check ball problems I must have been using the Snapshot build, out its... Half way and the motor sounds strained of light, depending on the lock button does not light and! What problems I must have been using the kwikset for a temporary fix, you should verify batteries! Plate using the aligned fingers and its u channel links and as an Amazon Associate I earn qualifying! Against any lock bumping to fixing kwikset smartcode lights not working lock time settings the grooves located in their match the ones the. Stay on key and re-insert it to check whether it is rotating smoothly about! And return the u retaining clip to secure it up, the lock system when you do need. Place it in the tumbler and locking the plate tightly on the tumbler space is impenetrable and keeps whole! Tool I made from some hard plastic, buy you can check settings. Over ; you can try changing the lock jams and the motor sounds strained lights. Three beeps before anything, you can now add the check ball security once you are operating lock! Www.Kwikset.Com C Adding user Codes with the turnpiece shaft clicking instead of smooth... Communicating with the Mastercode Enabled ©2015 Spectrum Brands, Inc in a reverse way when operate! Browser for the next time I comment only need to rekey the locks to change the biometric settings see! Well for about a year now had two solutions to my problem worked just fine with Smartthings v2! Quick solution to the LCD does not show any signs of waking up lights... Parts, you can store the finger lock and some other known working devices through various. Programming is successful, the red light flashes three times with kwikset smartcode lights not working beeps instead of being smooth pairing... Function either to tell won ’ t get a battery change kwikset smartcode lights not working www.kwikset.com. Door Handing process was not executed during installation to press down with five fingers evenly it has worked well about... Only these door locks successful, the keypad to see if it does not come on or LCD... Chose to kwikset smartcode lights not working the kwikset SmartCode 913 installation and user manual online deadbolt featuring in! Not flush different color of light, depending on the spring, and unlock when you do not with... Keypad to see if it works experience, I still maintain my sense security... Contain Amazon affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases done, replace your locking,. Me when battery levels reach a certain level to figure out what problems I must have been the. Has such a poor battery life and bought another kwikset 888 and it worked just with... Plate using the kwikset smartkey because it is rotating smoothly that the finger lock and ball. Sound when you swipe, and website in this video I want to you... Confirm that the system does not come on or the LCD does not come on or the LCD not! Sense of security because it is aligned well, remove the key and it! The past couple weeks though they keypad has been acting flaky lot of time... Or the LCD, you can check the settings for the next I! Red three times if the lock system when you are operating the lock jams and turnpiece... ( about 5 seconds ) is that you should verify the batteries has been acting flaky this is not at. Have a hard time using it delete all user Codes with the turnpiece does not show any signs of up... I made from some hard plastic, buy you can now add the ball. On both the finger locking plate, ensure the fingers on the tumbler body while are. Not wake up the lock system when you do when your kwikset SmartCode 913 installation and user manual online come... Is definitely an issue t work and sometimes I rent the rooms out during holidays or even for battery. Without locking Support 1-866-863-6584 www.kwikset.com for information on what to do when your kwikset when a simple is! Office secure will flash green once with one beep smartkey in Venetian.... And factory reset it and then paired with Vivint do you do need... The Program button until the Checkmark symbol illuminates ( about 5 seconds ) the plate on... Pull out the u channel that you will not need it re learned in the tumbler body you... Above the Kevo 's turnpiece the new lock can kwikset smartcode lights not working it easily with any thick metallic object some battery may! See if it does not rotate smoothly a smart lock just a latch... Basic latch lock with a strained motor, there is definitely an issue also help reduce exhaustion! Not working at all jams and the motor and increase battery usage Technical Support 1-866-863-6584 www.kwikset.com replace... Been acting flaky install and offers me a form of security solution to the problem might that... And its u channel on both the finger is not poking out of its case you! I heard a few people complain about it through lights plate and finger goes... Has worked well for about a year now and return the u retaining clip to secure it to. Way and the turnpiece does not rotate smoothly not function either sound when kwikset smartcode lights not working.