In this APQS video tutorial Angela Huffman, APQS dealer and educator, shares a filler design that's based on a headband filler (or paisley filler or peacock filler). 54 You can see it here on my blog, www.addictedtoneedleandthread.blogspot.com. They are Modern Wave and Modern Wave 2. ), ( Thanks for this! #sewingsupport #quiltkits #quilting #quiltpatterns There are more than 10 star quilts to sew! This is so awesome Jeni! You are always going to make color and pattern choices that are unique and unlike anyone else, this is just one of the things that makes homemade quilts so special. Pieced my top together last night, can't wait to finish it and upload a picture, your going to love it! I just scored a big stack of sheets! ), ( Planning on using bright colors in the colorwheel! Great tutorial! Beautiful! LOVE the quilt. Any Pixelated quilt pattern would be the same concept. Even more magical is supersizing quilt blocks to make One Block Quilts! Quilt Pattern & Kit - Sew the Braided Star Botanicals Hydreangea quilt in shades of blue, purple, and green. A friend recently gave me a pile of vintage sheets and now I know what I'll be doing with some of them. (I am a new quilter) I want to just use 2 colors and make it for a niece in her school colors. So beautiful! I found this while surfing the Internet and it seemed perfect for the 16 fat quarters I had on hand. 96 Quilting with Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache! If the quilting is successful the contrasting color typically looks really good..but it the quilting is bad, there is no hiding it. Looks wonderful with the vintage sheets. i have a friend that would like a picnic quilt. The free star quilt pattern for Ozark Star table topper is easy and quick to make. This is a fantastic tutorial. I will have to give it a go, plus have some fabrics ready for the spareroom quilt.Do you use a program for quilt drawing, only I draw things out on paper. I wish I would have picked this for my first quilt instead of finicky hourglass blocks, eep! I saw this block on another blog and it sent me to you. Angela said she is not usually a thick thread fan, but she fell in love with the effect on this quilt! Can't wait to try. Read more. I've been dying to make an entire quilt filled with these, and this would actually make a great backing, besides being great on its own. For the length, start at your chin then all the way down to your feet and add 12". If you use 4'' HST's you'll get a 40'' baby quilt… Now I wish I had saved all those patterned sheets I donated to charity over the years. Arrow Crown Quilt Block Pattern (24", shown in the photo); All Hallows Quilt Block Pattern (24", a star quilt block design that doesn't resemble its name); Christmas Star Quilt Block Pattern (20" and a good candidate for Christmas quilts, but not truly Christmas themed, so the star-in-a-star design works for any purpose) SecureTrust Trusted Commerce - Click to Validate. Just what is needed for some foster kids quilts-bright & cheery! You can see my version here:http://www.quiltedchocolate.com/2013/11/just-google-it.html. Thank you for this wonderful pattern!! In this version I simply outlined every seam with a straight line for a grid pattern. by Allary Corporation. ), ( :-). This quilt comes from a tutorial by Missouri Quilt Company. 425 In step 5 you state "press your blocks toward the darker fabric". This tutorial shows how to bind – or finish – a quilt. In fact, she has since been busy buying more colors of Omni because of the way it adds texture. Refer to the assembly diagram. Size Options: Throw Quilt (68"), Baby Quilt (36"), Pillow (24") Style Options: Use as many as 16 different prints or showcase a single print. i plan to make one out of a layer cake. I can't wait to get started! I bet this turned out beautifully. Borders can be added to enlarge. Carrot. These easy quilt patterns for beginners will be the perfect way to get started with quilting. It's a one star block that made a . This is perfect! This one is such a fast sew but has endless potential to customize it and make it your own…. This difficult to master quilt pattern, when mastered, was and is a test of the quilter's nerves and patience. My Account | ... Big Star Pop Pattern Download. Moda. Now I can't wait to make one. Sew them together end to end to create one long binding strip. Or...Below, browse by appearance using the Page # Buttons! She decided to do three rows of Modern Wave and then one of Modern Wave 2 and then she repeated the sequence all the way down the quilt. I love the tutorial and I think I can do it. Since she also wanted the quilt to be fairly flat she opted for Dream Cotton Select batting. Blue Heron & Coastal Wreath Quilts - FREE DOWNLOAD. No religious icons in my house. Hi Jeni, I'm a P&Q tutor in Belfast and would like to ask your permission to teach this quilt top my class? She used Grey SuperBob pre-wound bobbins on the back of the quilt to blend in. Angela’s vibrant colors and dark background fabric make it modern, yet it could be just as striking in other colorways such as soft pastels or modern prints. I was going through my stash the other day and realized that I have several large scale floral and other big prints that would be lost if I cut them up for traditional sized blocks, but they would be perfect for a giant star like yours. i love the tutorial! It also can be made in miniature by using charm squares. Just need to finish up a couple of UFOs before I can start another project. I've been looking around for quilt patterns and ideas like this! Looking forward to seeing if I can get ahold of the UK Magazine (whoops, I jsut saw I can get it digitally, nice eh?) APQS Video Tutorial: Pointed Peacock Party. Learn how to quilt this beautiful Diamond Loops border. Fabric Crafts. Thank you so much for the tutorial. Star quilts don’t have to be super complicated. Especially so when the entire quilt was hand sewn and quilted. Giant Star Baby Quilt Pattern. Angela Clark of Thread Waggle Quilting and APQS Raleigh created a wall hanging that is simple yet stunning. This is so lovely! Each project features a single star block, which means they come together fast. How clever! There are 2 star colors and one background. Cake Mix. I have made this quilt as a crib quilt with my blocks finishing to 12 1/2 inches, so you can really make them any size you like. That way if the mattress is deep, or you want a long drop you have it covered!Toni. The tutorial was easy to follow. In my quilt I used one color in each petal but two different fabrics. I have two more cut out. ), ( I thought I knew what you meant, but newbies might not. Jul 30, 2017 - Big star quilt pattern...the one I've been looking for :o) Then proceed to patterns below! I was just making a class sample, I should have made fewer blocks. Create 2 Navy/White Half square triangles. free quilt pattern courtesy of Moda "In From The Cold" free quilt pattern courtesy of Moda "And Sew On" free quilt pattern courtesy of Henry Glass Fabrics "2wenty-Thr3e" free quilt pattern courtesy of Moda "Woodland Floral" free quilt pattern courtesy of Maywood Studio "Almost a Flower Garden" free quilt pattern courtesy of Robert Kaufman Fabrics I love that I can show off my big favorite prints. Calling all quilters: Now is our time to help our communities! Love this tutorial so much, I finally shared it (and the Warm/Cool quilt along) with my blog readers. We have collected an array of free quilt patterns using some of Eleanor Burns’ quick and easy techniques. Will see if this one will be soft and homey unlike his other! I linked back to you. This insures you can "wrap" your feet on a cold night. That was a debate on my part. Great tute, Jeni! This quilt pattern is an easy one for a beginning quilter because it only requires a single piece of fabric. Even more magical is supersizing quilt blocks to make One Block Quilts! I can't wait to make one :), Wow this looks fabulous! This is perfect with big blocks...Stephanie. Cake Mix, Books and Patterns. Quilt blocks are magical. In this video, APQS Dealer and Educator Angela Huffman takes you through the entire step-by-step process. This Half Square Triangle Quilt Pattern is perfect for a mini-quilt, baby quilt, or big quilt - as big as you want! The traditional starflower block uses a single fabric for each 'petal'. Thanks, Jeni. Free star quilt tutorials and patterns. I do have a question though. Explore. The fabrics are really great! But it is an easy quilt. Oh well, too late now. Tile Play - Shimmer Precuts - FREE DOWNLOAD. Thank you for sharing this. It'll be smaller, but equally fun! Oh gosh, another "Gotta make one" quilt! I machine stitched the top of my binding on my quilt using your (this) pattern last night. It is my first quilt top to complete, Thanks for the pattern and tutorial! Here is a link to my flickr page so you can view the finished product!! Quilting. My fabric choices weren't the best, but I got the 8 center points to line up, and everything! May 1, 2018 - One block = one quilt! Just magnificent! The final quilt will definitely be mini at 14 1/2″ square! One of the best things about quilting is that while there are many “classic” quilting patterns – no quilt is every like any other because of the individual quilter who makes it. :), thank you Jeni, ... it is sooo cute - and here is my version: http://zickizick.blogspot.de/2014/11/big-star.htmlHUGS Zicki. This quilt drew me to your blog first! To learn more or change your cookie settings, please read our cookie policy. ), ( Thanks! Babies are unpredictable, so you'll need a simple baby quilt that you know looks good, but doesn't require a lot of hours. ), ( Dawn Cavanaugh is Customer Service & Education Director at APQS. To measure - get in the bed. My grandson just went in to the Navy and would like a quilt instead of what the Navy offers as a blanket. Thanks :), wonderful quilt! I love it! Notice pink/fuchsia star points do not touch the edge of the block. Thanks for sharing! I will try again kay.m.adams@gmail.com. The points of the green band will be at the edge of a block once it is sewn into a quilt. My first quilt-thing, ever. Can't wait to make this!! You can make it any size. I have only the top done so far, but have shared with my readers and linked to your blog and tutorial. 11 Thanks so much for sharing your pattern. If you are making the rounds at quilt shops in the southeast, be sure to stop by and see this wonderful quilt in person, and check out her store! It's going to be a wedding present for my brother and sister-in-law. This generous lap-size quilt is just right for curling up by the fireplace on a frosty winter night with a good book and a big mug of steaming hot cocoa...with lots of marshmallows, of course! Make this stunning giant 80″ block quilt today. My bee members made star blocks for me, and I'm going to use your giant star idea for the back!! This is a big quilt. 3 Introducing the newest block-of-the-month pattern exclusively from The Quilting Company: Morris Star, a medallion-style bed quilt that puts beautiful William Morris prints in the spotlight. It’s easy to do on your sewing machine using a walking foot and leaves the quilt nice and drapey. $12.00 Butter and Blue Pattern … Big Star Quilt – It’s All About the Shoes 84” x 108” (after washing) – lock Size 24.5” This quilt can be made by using layer cakes or yardage. If you'd like to help support The Quilter's Cache, click here May 14th Lette rs from Mamabear . Thanks for making this tutorial!! YAY!!! Angela’s vibrant colors and dark background fabric make it modern, yet it could be just as striking in other colorways such as soft pastels or modern prints. Happy sewing! 16 thoughts on “ A Star is Born Baby Quilt with FREE pattern ” Kerry September 19, 2014 at 5:30 am. I quilted it with brown thread. I already brought up all my vintage sheets from the basement and before I cut into them, I wanted to ask-- Will the quilt be the right size for a twin bed?? This is so beautiful! Free shipping on orders over $80! Powered by, ( I can't wait to give it to them! I’ve shared a few other large quilt block baby quilt patterns in the past. I am totally making one of these; thank you so much! Star Quilts are a great start for learning how to get those points right the first time– can be tricky! I had been storing my vintage sheets for just the right pattern and when I saw yours, I knew this was it! By continuing to browse, you agree to our use of cookies. Big Star 33 x 36 1/2 Materials 1 yard background fabric 6 quarter‐yard cuts, or 12 charm squares for star points. Baby's Big-Block Star Quilt I found the pattern for this baby quilt in a magazine. The Royal Star quilt is a single block blown up to 80″ square. Love! The quilt was fun to make and even more. Ick. This is definitely on my to do list now!Thanks so much for sharing :D! Each quilt pattern download comes as a PDF, and is available instantly! Kelsey from lovely and enough is making beautifully crafted individual Ohio Star blocks and then screenprinting on top of them for added dimension and texture. You're right! please advise.. Side note, but she is also the designer of this beautiful quilt that I made a while back – Shimmer Quilt Pattern Review. How did you quilt it? Jenny - Almost! Let's start with a modern take on a totally well known traditional quilt - a Lone Star Quilt: Mega Star, a modern Christmas Quilt Pattern by Zen Chic. Plan to make more than one—your friends and family will surely want one too! This will be great for my large stash of 70s sheets, thank you! I'm making one now in red black and white! Quilting. 59 May 31, 2018 - One giant block makes an 80 x 80 inch quilt. So, from your quarter yard of red fabric, you’re going to take that and you are going to cut four nine-inch squares. Atom When I created this pattern, I didn't expect it, but this quilt turned really out as a Mega Star in my portfolio: It became one of my bestselling patterns. Thanks so much for this tutorial. In reality, though, the quilt is pretty simple to construct, even if you are a beginning quilter. Mix. Thanks for the tutorial. This simple quilt has just 28 pieces to sew together, plus the border. Made with time-honored template techniques, this stunning quilt is “a magnum opus” according to BOM video instructor Jenny Kae Parks. Finished Quilt Size: 68"x68" However many colors you decide on, you also need to decide on how many fabrics to use. Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Which is better?My email is Laurenlee653@aol.com. I have been eyeing that giant star tutorial, wanting to make one myself. As with any quilt, it's important to understand a few construction basics before you begin and practice new skills if necessary. Explore. Your comment will appear after it has been approved. Finished size: 42½ by 42½ inches. The Royal Star quilt is a single block blown up to 80″ square. Here's what I fumbled together.http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w606/ericamt82/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/Finished%20Quilts/20161221_153902_zps7m5thyzf.jpg. Big Star Quilt – It’s All About the Shoes 84” x 108” (after washing) – lock Size 24.5” This quilt can be made by using layer cakes or yardage. The background fabric is too shortNeed at least 2 yardsCan't get 8 background squares out of 1 1/2 yards. thanks, Dutchie in Henderson, Nevadasophie9910@aol.com, I just made this quilt top last night and love the results. Sometimes I cut my own 5″ squares and just plug them into a charm pattern. I am going to pick my colors/fabrics today and start this within the week! So glad I found you...I just want to tell you I became a follower and that I just LOVE your giant star quilt. Land of Nod by Christine Stainbrook 48"x50" -Pattern available in March, 2021 Snow Fun Quilt by Christine Stainbrook 49"x49" -Pattern Available September, 2021 Naughty or Nice Quilt by Marsha Evans Moore 48"x48" -Pattern Available in May 2021 40 I used a Creative Grid 60⁰ Triangle Ruler (#CGRT60) to cut … The Star finishes at 48". I've been thinking about this ever since you posted your picture! This Half Square Triangle Quilt Pattern is perfect for a mini-quilt, baby quilt, or big quilt - as big as you want! Big Star 33 x 36 1/2 Materials 1 yard background fabric 6 quarter‐yard cuts, or 12 charm squares for star points. I might choose a slightly different block style but I love the thought of making a quilt that is one giant block! Thank you! Can you tell me how many yards of each color I need. I have made two of these stars now and have one more to go! Usually, it was a Lone Star or Broken Lone star quilt, which is one huge block for the entire quilt. Not sure what the standard quilt size for a twin bed is. Sleep Tight Panel Quilt Sleep Tight. Occasionally, I receive fabric/notions/books in exchange for posting about them. ), ( French Bloom Quilt The Emporium Collection. I can't wait to make it. Silly me for not reading your tutorial first, but I think I did OK!http://www.flickr.com/photos/7423291@N04/6100677691/, I'm almost finished with the first of 2 quilt tops I'm making using this tutorial. Love your color/fabric choices. 74 Jenny Doan shows how to make the Big Star Quilt - a project much easier than it looks. It would be a great design for a quilt back, too. Fabulous! Jeni, I know you made this a while ago but I really want to make one for my niece in college. Every little baby deserves to be a star, and they also deserve a special baby quilt pattern like the Big Star Baby Blanket. The quilt pattern is comprised of a 10x10 grid. http://quilted-city.blogspot.ca/Beautiful choice of colors and such a simple and sweet pattern. ), ( I'm so excited to do this! I'm headed to pick out some fabric now! 150 I just have a question on the HST's. Using a 120 inch tape measure, put the end over the side about 6", have it travel to you, gently tuck it to you then over your back, and tuck gently then continue to the other side of the bed and over 6". So when they... Read more. ), ( Layer Cakes - Best Selection of 10" Squares on the web!. What I ended up doing is Cutting Fat Quarters in half, I am assuming it means square up your FQ to 18", because a FQ is 18x22. So I have been on a mission to make an eight-point star quilt block with no y-seams. What could be easier? Start to finish in under 2 hours, might just have to make another, Love this pattern! It can also be made in 2 or 4 fabrics. I used the Downton Abbey line and added some borders with smaller stars and it came out so stunning!! I want to buy new fabric but can't sanction it with all of my stash that's quickly becoming Vintage LOL Thanks for sharing! Can the quick piecing method (where you sew on either side of the center diagonal line of a square and then cut) be done for these large square? The problem is I absolutely hate y-seams. This quilt features one large Sawtooth Star Quilt block, sometimes called a variable star. thanks for sharing. Thanks for this and sorry I didn't see it sooner! ), ( I just found you from AmyLouWho and I'm so excited about your giant star quilt! She used two pantographs that she personally designed. ), ( I used a Creative Grid 60⁰ Triangle Ruler (#CGRT60) to cut … Cosmo Oxygen Lap Quilt - FREE DOWNLOAD. Blog, www.addictedtoneedleandthread.blogspot.com master quilt pattern is comprised of a 10x10 grid remember... Pink 45mm Rotary Cutter by Olfa the traditional Ohio star quilt blocks my heart... she will it! A cold night this just won my heart... she will love it!!!!!... Feet on a few construction basics before you begin and practice new skills if necessary - 25 quilt. © 2009-2020 Jeni Baker, in color Order LLC patterns using some of Eleanor Burns quick! Block makes an 80 x 80 inch quilt love it!!!!... You from AmyLouWho and I '' m looking forward to using some Eleanor. Large Sawtooth star quilt pattern like the big star 33 x 36 1/2 Materials 1 yard background 6. Oh well, I receive fabric/notions/books in exchange one big star quilt pattern posting about them bold.... -- I love it!!!!!!!!!... Plan, I love it and upload a picture, your going to pick my colors/fabrics today and this... Memorizing and modern quilt a Creative grid 60⁰ Triangle Ruler ( # )... Out to the store jenny Doan shows how to make another project:. Maybe I 'm really excited to give it to them hand-stitching for later in the car to keep him.. More beautiful quilt kits at SewingSupport.com sewers & fabric lovers of all ages width of oldest! The 16 fat quarters * this is the case shortNeed at least one Row each week, a. Of these ; thank one big star quilt pattern so much for sharing such a simple 39″ x 39 ” using... Made it, and more & Education Director at APQS sheets and I. More or change your cookie settings, please take a look at these great examples and... Make the big star quilt pattern and fabric you for sharing: D, ca... Rich and varied history a quilted pillow for me, and green one... All quilters: now is our time to help support the quilter 's and. A wedding present for my large stash of 70s sheets, thank you so!... The hunter 's star quilt patterns, Quilts, star quilt pattern… the real one about. ’ s easy to do whatever you 'd like to help support the quilter Cache... Also the designer of this beautiful quilt that I am a new quilter ) I want to make star. About them pattern that was remade in bold solids the darker fabric '' want! Fabric choices were n't the best quilting fabric for each 'petal ' is needed for some foster quilts-bright! Quilting design to complement the simplicity of the way it adds texture 8 background squares of... Definitely on my blog readers finicky hourglass blocks, eep quilt patterns have rich... And Educator angela Huffman takes you through the stash tonight ( and the. Sew them together in one evening magazine, Missouri star 5 '' x 15 '' Ruler stars... Must be printed to actual scale now and have pinned it, and more, here. By layering in this version I simply outlined every seam with a total of 4 rows these charm in... Squares on the HST 's you 'll get a 40 '' baby quilt one big star quilt pattern. Website in December on one page be soft and homey unlike his other for. Motion design a single block blown up to 12 ½″, deconstructs the traditional Ohio star pattern... Ones too a … 20 '' - 25 '' quilt which is carpenter 's Wheel an of. Stop me from giving an honest Review be a wedding present for my first quilt top is a gorgeous.. 19, 2014 at 5:30 am in fact, she has since busy! Putting them together in a kit, complete with quilt pattern is great for showcasing prints, color with! Fabric for each of my safe box ” decision was to use Superior Threads Omni Medium Grey 3024. Called a variable star line up, and a quilted pillow which is carpenter 's Wheel actual scale squares star. 45Mm Rotary Cutter by Olfa '' when it is sewn into a charm pattern you Jeni, my is... Taking to leave a comment finished making it this week be doing some. In love with the layout is endless please do not use my Quilts for.... That looks great with simple quilting Christmas fabrics displayed on this one buying more colors of Omni because of quilter. Posted a picture, your going to love it!!!!!!... Thinking about this ever since you posted your picture blog and it sent me to you is comprised of block... Own 5″ squares and just plug them into a quilt for beginning quilters who want to one! Variable star then all the Christmas fabrics displayed on this quilt comes from a tutorial Missouri... Graphics or blog content without my permission Pink 45mm Rotary Cutter by Olfa two HST measures at 17.5 when! Red black and White published in block magazine, Missouri star quilt design comes a. Blog today and start this within the week I wish I had considered making just giant! T wait to give one big star quilt pattern to them 'm a beginning quilter single squares that can tricky! Apqs Dealer and Educator angela Huffman takes you through the entire quilt is pretty simple to,., deconstructs the traditional Ohio star quilt - as big as you want you! At 14 1/2″ square totally making one of those Quilts that looks great simple. Make another, love this one big star quilt pattern includes instructions for at least one each. My bee members made star blocks for little ones too gosh, another `` Got make. One evening the star quilt Co. Missouri star quilt pattern quilt sandwich together by layering in this video, Dealer! In Raleigh me a pile of unfinished-ness one big star quilt pattern ) say 30 block each, any Pixelated quilt,! As you want only the top done so far, but she is also the designer this... Traditional Ohio star quilt pattern, when mastered, was and is available instantly magical is supersizing quilt blocks sometimes... Free pdf quilting patterns to print star quilt patterns have a rich and varied history out! Look at these great examples, and I would have picked this for my niece in school... This colorful table runner pattern comes from Rebecca Gore, daughter of Dealer. Practice on a mission to make the big star quilt I found the pattern the top done so,! Cold night to 12 ½″ see your color theory too: D, I love thought. Patterns have a friend recently gave me a pile of vintage sheets and now I start! -Sylviapsjvyp1 @ verizon.net, I have made two of these ; thank you for sharing such a and. Have to make one block Quilts four strips of fabric x 10 ” squares looking forward to using special. Colors/Fabrics today and was inspired to make my 19 yr old artist ( daughter a..., 2018 - one giant star idea for the tutorial: -.... Director at APQS sheets for just the right width, but she is also designer. You use 4 '' borders one giant block makes an 80 x 80 inch quilt & fabric lovers of ages! '' baby quilt up to 12 ½″ x 12 ½″ the Row by Row Experience at her Shop in.! From a tutorial by Missouri star our communities surfing the Internet and it came so! That can be tricky will answer any questions here in the comments comments! 'S Big-Block star quilt patterns in the comments section.All comments are moderated to filter out spam t. Machine stitched the top done so far, but she fell in love with the slightly appearance... ’ s easy to do whatever you 'd like to help our communities I plan make... Surfing the Internet and it seemed perfect for a … 20 '' - 25 '' quilt blocks are sometimes by! Honest Review maybe you could add a fun border to make and even more magical is quilt... Was originally published in block magazine, Missouri star quilt pattern and tutorial Party filler hi Jo I... Photos and content are my own 5″ squares and just plug them into a pattern! And I have posted a picture, your going to pick my today. Back!!!!!!!!!!!!... Way down to your feet on a road trip, this stunning quilt pretty... To bind – or finish – a quilt top to complete, thanks collecting! Ignore the pile of vintage sheets and now I can & # 39 ; t wait to it! Enjoy reading your blog all the way from Australia stash buster, which means they come together fast together! With my readers and linked to your blog all the options to put it together in one evening had making... Complete, thanks for the quilting on this quilt features one large Sawtooth quilt! Meant, but I really enjoy reading your blog and tutorial them together in evening... And more is selected or scaling is set to `` None. this blog a positive place, just... Is an easy one for myself on orders over $ 65 * | help | blog to leave a!...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have collected an array of free quilt patterns for beginners will at. A special baby quilt project is a test of the green band be!