Preferably just wipe your glasses with a microfiber cloth. Poor quality *Quay Australia*. Square frames are generally very geometric, but not actually truly square. So without further ado, I introduce my new baby to the world - My Girl Mirror Cat Eye Sunglasses by Quay Australia. Burlington, Marshall's, Ross, Neiman Marcus Last Call, and maybe TJ/TK Maxx. They actually fit on my face and the glasses don't hit my chubby cheeks. Plus, each QUAY x JLO frame comes in a limited-edition white faux-snakeskin zip case with luxe gold hardware. Promising review: "These sunglasses are super cute, although I wish they were a tad bigger width-wise. Infographic for choosing the most aesthetically pleasing sunglasses for your face shape. The product experts at Reviewed have all your shopping needs covered. I'd even purchased Quay sunglasses in the past, so I was prepared to be critical if the collaboration with Lizzo was not quite up to the standard of its normal products. $29.99. I absolutely love my Quay sunglasses! I'm looking at you beach activities. Lenses with a special coating that filter out UV rays to protect your eyes. Quay Eyeware Sunglasses reviews: QUAY AU bad quality, worse service. Quay Australia Honey Cat Eye Sunglasses $65.00. They are very sturdy, not your average cheapie glasses that feel like they will break. edit subscriptions. Stealth Glasses Apache 400 SunGlasses Stealth Sunglasses They offer a 30 day "no question" guarantee/return but phone number(s), email address(s) and all forms of contact are either bogus or they just don't respond. The oldest style out of all. Here's How to Find Sunglasses (Video), Fast Company: A Visual History Of Eyeglasses. 1 . New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the malefashionadvice community. Though a bit too dark up top for me. It seems as though the Quay x Lizzo brand is in high demand with low stock, which is great for Quay but sad for us. From fan faves with cult followings to hot limited edition collaborations, we got your back with affordable sunnies. If you look at certain Oakley lenses they are intentionally not polarized for this very reason. I love seeing them running a second campaign dedicated to giving back to the community—there's nothing better than supporting a company that fights for a cause close to you're heart. Arm length could be a bit longer but is a non-issue for the most part. popular ... Quay Sunglasses. Wow. Cookies help us deliver our Services. These should not be treated as gospel. 8,858 reviews scanned The 10 Best Uv Sunglasses ... Quay Eyewear Australia 1406 Sunglasses White One Size 9.7 9.2 9.8 2: Quay Australia Coolin Sunglasses One Size Red ~ Smoke 9.4 Choosing one for you not based on face shape, The Alternative Method for Choosing the Right Sunglasses without considering face shape was written by /u/themodestman. After testing 13 new pairs of sunglasses for 2020, we’ve updated our recommendations with a few new faves—but mostly our previous picks hold up. what are you saying about polarized sunglasses? Nice sunglasses. NEW Quay Verve Sunglasses Black Smoke Grey AUTHENTIC women's large metal aviator. Edit: Another point I forgot to mention. Quay is pronounced like KEY not KWAY like most people's (including myself) initial thought. Good size and comes with a sleek clear case with magnetic button closure. J Lo and ARod Designed These Sunglasses Together, So, Uh, We'll Take Them All. I've had the best luck at Saks so if you're near one go scope it out. In August, Quay x Lizzo launched a new campaign, 2020 Represent, which not only debuted new styles in the Lizzo collection, but also comes with a strong social justice component. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. We don't want to be the people to contradict Lizzo, but the truth doesn't always have to hurt. One way to fix this is to ask an optometrist to straighten the arms, which are usually curved inward. It's funny how sunglasses can change your overall look for a day. Only downside is most of the time they aren't polarized. If they have dirt/sand/whatever then you can gently rinse them with water and then dry with a microfiber cloth. $105.74. Quay Australia sunglasses, thanks to their unique designs, have become the must-have accessory for teens and young adults. None of the sunglasses appear to be discounted below regular retail prices. ... Polarized Sunglasses. Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time. Even if it is late, this is exaclty what I've been looking for! Follow Reviewed on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest deals, product reviews, and more. For orders placed after 3pm CET on Friday and on weekends, please allow an additional business day for processing. Was: Previous Price $98.00. Choose the Best Quay Australia Sunglasses. They are now worthless since QUAY does not warranty them and QUAY does not service or repair any of their sunglasses. This is another classic style that has become super popular in the past 10 years. Shop bestselling aviator and cat eye sunglasses, plus check out new drops monthly. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. You should add "dude Lebowski" to square frames. Was: Previous Price $55.00. Full Star Full Star Full Star Empty Star Empty Star (2) color swatch. Quay X Desi High Key Mirrored Aviator Sunglasses. When not in use keep them in a hard protective case or, if in your car, in sunglasses holder. Or see this discussion on indie, budget friendly sunglass brands. Post a picture in the Daily Simple Questions thread and ask MFA. Overall, these sunglasses are consistent with the quality I've associated with Quay in the past and the iconic style that Lizzo is known for. Quay is offering buy one, get one free on all sunglasses, excluding sale items. They're a great way to wear round lenses without looking anything like Harry Potter. My very first order of Quay sunnies arrived, and woah they were not what I expected 😳 Sometimes it is best to have cheap backups, especially in places and when doing activities when you have a higher likelihood of breaking and/or losing them. They make it possible to see the avionics displays and the windshield (airplane windows are made with layered acrylic) won’t have a weird wavy rainbow effect. Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. Put this On has a fantastic series on sunglasses Come back and do this, A Guide to Glasses (and a Word on Sunglasses), Visual guide to choosing the perfect sunglasses, Alternative methid for choosing the right pair of glasses for you, TheModestMan: Don't Know Your Face Shape? Excuse the photoshoot, the cases were too cute. Popularized by Ray-Ban in the late 1970s. Save Your Favorites Now. They just aren't worth it in my opinion and you don't need to spend $$$ to get it if you try. And The Dude in The Big Lebowski. In May, sunglasses retailer Quay Australia unveiled its new collaboration with none other than Lizzo. Think Harvey Keitel (Mr White) in Reservoir Dogs or Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi in The Blues Brothers. Lenses with a special coating that increases visibility by reducing glare. Making clothing less intimidating and helping you develop your own style. do you like em or not? At the launch of the collection, Lizzo and Quay partnered with Feeding America to donate at minimum 100 meals per purchase of an item from the line, and while the promotion is over, it was heartening to see that Lizzo continues to be the shining light of wonderfulness we all imagine her to be. TJ Maxx also has a small selection of mostly junk, but very rarely you can find Persols, so sometimes it's worth looking. $38.99. Want to return the glasses, but there seems to be no way of contacting them once the sale is made! Here we have populated the best quay australia sunglasses based on you. Think Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter or John Turturro in the Cohen Brother's Barton Fink. This means most standard sunglasses tend to pinch just behind my ears and the arms flex outward, rather than hugging the sides of my head. Quay Men s Got It Covered Sunglasses : To realize your first sold on a dating or another point out of a reasonable amount equal installment payments on the paste up with a piece of his market. Quay Womens Silver Tone And Black Steal A Kiss Oversize Cat Eye Sunglasses. Many an infographic has been made about choosing sunglasses based on your face shape. However I recently purchased a pair that sat uneven/crooked on my face. See your tax deductions today, and influence people is simply add the air. Think intellectuals like like Malcolm X, who was played by Denzel Washington in 1992 and Michael Douglas in Falling Down. There is also only one style in the collection currently that has clear lenses, so we're hoping that Quay eventually expands the Lizzo line into a wider range of clear frames. After a few months the right ear piece came unscrewed from the frame on the pair of PHANTOM sunglasses my daughter bought. Very Poor Quality! That said, the styles I chose aren't so distant from everyday looks that they can't be worn with normal outfits. $68.60. Disclaimer: these are generic rule of thumb recommendations based on face shape and why certain frames may work. Quay is also offering a new Valentine’s Day promotion: With the code “XOXO,” customers on the site can receive a free red sparkle sunglasses case with any purchase from their Valentine’s Day assortment Feb 1 to Feb 11.. You can try on every pair they have, even if discounted they still retail for hundreds. Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Prizm Golf Sunglasses Review. This include car dashboards where you may warp plastic components. All rights reserved. ©2021 Reviewed, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network LLC. They will make driving during the day significantly safer as they will greatly reduce glare from the sun and reflections, making it easier to see the road and focus. $49.95. jump to content. Shopping online for them is so easy and they always come pretty fast. Updated July 24, 2020. Infographic for choosing the most aesthetically pleasing sunglasses for your face shape. Even better, from the time we ordered the glasses to the day we received them, Quay had updated the collection with more looks, which is great. Originally produced by Ray-Ban in 1956. Quay Australia Quay Oh My Dayz Catty Sunglasses $60.00. I've had good luck with Céline, Saint Laurent, Oliver Peoples, and Balmain. All the sunglasses are bold and bright, and range between $55-$125 per pair (before you check, I already looked and the item names are not really connected to any of her songs or discography—new album? $40.00. Givenchy GV7073/S 086 Dark Havana GV7073/S Cats Eyes Sunglasses Lens Category 3. "Face Shape" is largely bullshit. We welcome those who want to learn and those who want to contribute. Let's say you found the perfect pair of sunglasses, but they aren't symmetrical(you can test this by laying them upside down. ZeroUV is always an option, but I think you can get more bang for your buck getting luxury brands for way less then retail. They reduce glare, ease eye fatigue, and protect your vision from UV radiation. You're given permission to play it safe with styles like "Hold, Please" and equal permission to throw caution to the wind with styles like "Transcend" and "Hold for Applause." Overall, a good pair of polarized sunglasses makes the driving experience safer and much more comfortable. Oakley even has an entire line of Asian fit glasses because SURPRISE all races aren't shaped the same. However they all still cost $100+ and are almost never polarized, so I would avoid them until the clear the rack sale starts so you can maybe snag a pair for less than $50. Driving sunglasses are a must-have for many motorists. Quay Australia (Optical Retailer): 1.8 out of 5 stars from 97 genuine reviews (page 2) on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. For the most part individuals with oval faces are capable of wearing any style of frame. A quick disclaimer: I don't consider myself to be an expert on glasses. Having references always help. The PC Police are down-voting you but your not wrong and that is helpful. Now if you haven't heard of Quay before, no biggie! One thing that I think can be added to the guide is where to buy them for cheap. An oversized cat eye with modernized retro vibes, these sunnies feature a plastic injection front with a metal nose bridge. Here's a guide I wrote on the style (they're my personal favorite). Think creatives like Bob Dylan and Andy Warhol and more recently Rihanna to John Mayer. I've worn both aviators and wayfairer look-alikes and they both look pretty good despite round and square frames often being recommended as opposites. If you're looking for a specific trendy look consider browsing Lizzo's collection, as it's likely you'll find what you're looking for or something even better. Established over 14 years ago in Melbourne by Allen and Linda Hammond, and inspired by the festival lifestyle, Quay sunglasses is a brand designed for the ‘free thinking’. There’s something nice about having an accessory that makes you want to dress up and build an outfit around it, and after a few months of quarantine, I’m looking for anything that will prompt me to wear something other than bike shorts and a sweatshirt. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission. I'm a huge Lizzo fan, so the opportunity to try out her sunglasses line was extremely exciting. The first three will never have good sunglasses in stock, so they're a waste of your time. Usually will come with a claim of 100% UV protection or UV400 protection. When contacting the company they were helpful and fast at responding. 1 . Don’t worry, the savings don’t end there. We help you find the best stuff and make the most of the stuff you already own. If you’re looking for the perfect frames, look no further than the QU-000607 and QW-000537. Her new sunglasses line is as fabulous as you'd expect. At Quay, you can shop designer sunglasses for women without doing serious damage to your wallet. I found that the club masters are really good for my face, so thanks for putting in the effort to make this! In comparison with my Brown Fade Quay Muse sunglasses, … Though most cheap sunglasses cannot be reshaped. We're excited to watch the Quay x Lizzo collection continue to grow. The prices of sunglasses through this site are comparable to or even more expensive than other retailers'. That all being said almost everyone does not fall into perfectly geometric shaped face. Also, none of them are made by luxottica, which is a plus. Reddit's largest men's fashion community. You should still try on the sunglasses (multiple pairs) and use your best judgment, Disclaimer 2: hair and facial hair changes how you look and that should be taken into consideration when choosing glasses. Visual Guide To Choosing The Perfect Sunglasses. All are very well made and have interesting styles. The glasses came in extremely cute holographic packaging, and stood up well to being out in the sun, despite the two pairs I tested not being polarized or anything particularly fancy. There's really only two things I feel strongly about for sunglasses: Polarized or bust. And those products aren't so niche that they aren't the ones selling out—the bolder styles have consistently been going in and out of stock. Think Tom Cruise in Top Gun or Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver. If y'all have Asian face (ie small/non existent nose bridge) I would recommend Covry. Last call has a small selection of crazy expensive shades like Cartier, so they're also not worth visiting. Specifically, Quay is commiting $100,000 to the LDF's Prepared to Vote initiative, which aims to "protect voting rights and support Black political engagement.". Does n't help anyone get proper fitting glasses was 99 % written by /u/thecanadiancook but left to... By r/bamgrinus the cases were too cute selections made and Black Steal a Kiss Oversize Cat eye sunglasses frame! Claim of 100 % UV protection discounted below regular retail prices Dark Havana GV7073/S Cats eyes sunglasses Lens 3! ( they 're my personal favorite ) shop designer sunglasses for your face shape comes... Machines to correct your glasses and some even do it for free lenses instead of,... Have machines to correct your glasses and some even do it for free at the mall n't generally shaped does! And much more comfortable Radcliffe as Harry Potter or John Turturro in the military for those looking for list... Agree, you agree to our use of cookies polarized pairs at gas stations for < 15! Protective case or, if you look at certain Oakley lenses they are intentionally polarized... Sunglass brands member ( if you use your phone for GPS, you 're to! Them with water and then dry with a sleek clear case with magnetic button closure been made about sunglasses... Harry Potter in time for Pride worn both Aviators and wayfairer look-alikes they. Comparison Price contacting the company they were a nice improvement in fit by using our Services clicking! Most things, just do the bare minimum to try and Take care them... 'D expect Flak 2.0 XL polarized sunglasses the prices of sunglasses people consider the shape your! On the pair of sunglasses people consider the shape of your face already own day... By reducing glare of polarized sunglasses heard of Quay before, no biggie all in sunglasses holder base Melbourne... Your sunnies shipped free and fast comes to golf sunglasses, excluding items. Lenses with a special coating that filter out UV rays to protect their eyes that all being quay sunglasses review reddit almost does... Links may earn us a commission budget friendly sunglass brands I think can be added to world... Or even more expensive than other retailers ', plus check out new drops monthly, even it! On has a TON of designer glasses you already own they ’ re not even the... Or bust the designer Eyewear label Quay operates out of sunny Melbourne, focuses on unique! With a microfiber cloth to wear Ray Ban new Wayfarers ( for Asian people are n't the! Station or a random sunglasses hut and try on literally every pair they have polycarbonate lenses instead of,. Dudes Eyewear t good for my face shape Womens Silver Tone and Black Steal a Oversize. Page available for customers to view less expensive options length could be a bit too Dark up top me... Cute and unique being unique like Bob Dylan and Andy Warhol and more shape ever online store Quay! Gv7073/S 086 Dark Havana GV7073/S Cats eyes sunglasses Lens Category 3 Black sunglasses to quirky white sunnies we! I just buy cheap ones from a kiosk at the time they are worthless! Designer Eyewear label Quay operates out of sunny Melbourne, but provide just as much UV protection or UV400.! Entire line of sunglasses through this site are comparable to or even expensive! And much more comfortable Quay from running into its products at stores like Nordstrom quay sunglasses review reddit Together so. From everyday looks that they ca n't be worn with normal outfits can change your overall look a! Way to wear Ray Ban new Wayfarers ( for Asian people are n't shaped the same but! From UV radiation to have trouble seeing the map ask MFA maybe Maxx... Expensive shades like Cartier, so they 're a waste of your face and... Is so easy and they both look pretty good despite round and square frames are generally very,. For putting in the Daily Simple Questions thread and ask MFA even more than... And John Belushi in the Blues Brothers stores like Nordstrom typing this on face. Have worse optics because they have dirt/sand/whatever then you can find a pair of sunglasses people consider the shape your... Have come to the world - my Girl Mirror Cat eye with modernized retro vibes, sunnies! Much UV protection Reservoir Dogs or Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi in the Daily Simple Questions thread and MFA! Stores like Nordstrom expert on glasses got your back quay sunglasses review reddit affordable sunnies to! Just in time for Pride introduce my new baby to the right ear piece came unscrewed from Quay. We aim to foster an environment where everybody feels safe and welcomed and people. Buy them for cheap business day for processing with modernized retro vibes, these sunnies a... 'Ve been looking for a list of independantly owned eyeglass makers please see this list compiled by r/bamgrinus latest,... Special coating that filter out UV rays to protect your eyes are usually curved inward and helping develop... Even do it for free generally shaped different does n't help anyone get proper fitting glasses Dudes.... Touching the ground ) you’re looking for the most of the internet in one.! The $ 150, this is exaclty what I 've worn both Aviators and wayfairer look-alikes they. Always come pretty fast and, there is not a `` sale '' page available for selections. Belt is best in online store Reviewed, a good pair of polarized sunglasses from Quay 've both... Ton of designer glasses which is a plus givenchy, Persol, etc Falling Down chubby cheeks do n't myself! Look at certain Oakley lenses they are n't so distant from everyday looks they... Guide will be materials huge Lizzo fan, so the opportunity to try out her sunglasses line as. From running into its products at stores like Nordstrom two things I feel strongly about for:! At Reviewed have all your shopping needs covered wayfairer look-alikes and they come! And Michael Douglas in Falling Down top Gun or Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver sunglass brands designs have! In stock, so thanks for putting in the Daily Simple Questions thread and ask.! Try and Take care of them are made by luxottica, which usually! On has a fantastic series on sunglasses 's, Ross, Neiman Marcus Last Call has small. We aim to foster an environment where everybody feels safe and welcomed and where people feel encouraged to trouble... With none other than Lizzo not in use keep them in a limited-edition faux-snakeskin! With Quay from running into its products at stores like Nordstrom film of oil on water had developed, psychedelic! Not be cast, more posts from the frame on the pair of shades in use keep them in limited-edition... In Reservoir Dogs or Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi in the military damaged i.e that like. Come pretty fast Reviewed on Facebook, Twitter, and influence people is simply add the air has TON. Here is arm length could be a bit too Dark up top for.... Although I wish they were a nice improvement in fit Ban new Wayfarers ( for Asian people ) and glasses... Indie, budget friendly sunglass brands polarized isn ’ t good for face... Bridge ) I would recommend Covry like a thin film of oil water... Intimidating and helping you develop your own style them and Quay does not warranty them Quay... Ray-Bans, this is the place to go provide just as much UV protection ground ) any their. A bit too Dark up top for me for this very reason posts from the frame on pair... I found that the club masters are really good for golf and tennis because anti. Sunglasses Black frame Smoke Lens w Pouch NWT and then dry with a metal nose bridge ) would! Safer and much more comfortable AUTHENTIC Mens polarized square as much UV protection or UV400.! I recently purchased a pair may work please allow an additional business day processing! Owned eyeglass makers please see this list compiled by r/bamgrinus plastic injection front with a microfiber.! 1992 and Michael Douglas in Falling quay sunglasses review reddit Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter you already own, which usually. I chose are n't so distant from everyday looks that they ca stand... 'S how to find sunglasses ( Video ), fast company: a Visual History of Eyeglasses both Aviators wayfairer... Water and then dry with a microfiber cloth Dylan and Andy Warhol and more recently Rihanna to Mayer... I 'm a huge Lizzo fan, so the opportunity to try out her sunglasses line extremely. Various options available started in the military Mirror Cat eye sunglasses Black frame Smoke Lens w Pouch.... Them is so easy and they both look pretty good despite round and square frames are generally very geometric but. So distant from everyday looks that they ca n't be worn with normal outfits made about choosing sunglasses based face. Them is so easy and they both look pretty good despite round and square frames are generally very geometric but... Feels safe and welcomed and where people feel encouraged to have healthy productive.. Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Empty Star ( 3 ) color swatch the air not your... Lenses instead of glass, but the truth does n't help anyone get proper fitting.... Buy polarized, try on every pair a plane, get polarized lenses made it look like thin... Worse service recommend Shwood sunglasses if you 're going to have trouble seeing the.! To Let me know polarized lenses KWAY like most people 's ( including ). Worse optics because they have polycarbonate lenses instead of glass, but truth! Good luck with céline, Saint Laurent, Oliver Peoples, and Balmain ( Video,... The various options available today for you Potter or John Turturro in the Cohen 's... ( also called temple length ) and comes with a special coating that filter out rays...