It does move the gas and once started the trimmer runs just fine. A pair of needle nose pliers works best for this. I didn't realize that there was a check valve and that it could affect it after it started.. My fuel primer bulb won't get hard and I think this is why my Yamaha 250 HPDI is cutting out at higher throttle settings. is this how the float bowl vents? I don't condone parts replacement for the sake of parts replacement. The primer is a small plastic bulb with an attached line that feeds the string trimmer fuel. Run the boat with the filler caps off. Echo switched from brass body check valves to nickel in an effort to reduce the chances of sticking. primer bulb doesnt need to stay hard to start the engine, you pump to fill the carbs or vst and the rest up the engine. Just keep pushing the primer til it starts to get hard to push.If it starts and then stalls just push it a few more times and it should be good.Hope this helps.Good luck. Those are the cause of 87% of problems. 06-24-2013, 07:37 PM. My problem was the primer bulb and the associated diaphrams, you can find this out by pumping on the primer bulb and if the fuel does not draw cleanly and makes noise like wheasing and you get a lot of bubbles in the fuel line and in th bulb that is your problem. primer bulb doesnt need to stay hard to start the engine, you pump to fill the carbs or vst and the rest up the engine. Pump the bulb until it is firm to the touch. 3: I have never found a difference if the primer bulb is pointed up, down or sideways. Want Answer 0. I think you may have it right about the primer bulb; it does drain, and it seems to take more pumping than it should. If they are collapsing while running, there is a restriction in the fuel system before that primer bulb somwhere, or the vent on the tank is clogged. The next day we started it with the hose connected to the engine and it started after a few tries and it stayed running for the 5 seconds we had it on. I replaced the bulb and it will not get hard. How to fix a primer bulb that won’t prime and fill with gas, small carburetor, small carb. I have installed primers in both locations with no issues. The carburetor is a part of the engine that mixes fuel and air together to make a combustion. At this point, it's pure speculation since no testing has been performed. Should primer bulb outboard stay hard? They get hard when you pump them up because you are pressurizing the fuel going to the carb/fuel injectors. Richard : When lines are removed ... one liine for the bubble to retract, there is blockage int he fuel system. Could be the fuel line (collapsed or swelled shut). One shows the primer bulb pushed and the red is … Is there supposed to be some kind of check valve in the body of the primer base? 1. Then today, after … 2: the only aftermarket primer bulb I would use is a Sierra (Shields Hose). Topic: Primer bulb won't stay hard (i.e., fuel line problem) David Jenkins: posted 06-11-2003 08:29 PM ET (US) Yesterday, while working on the boat in the driveway, I noticed that the primer bulb was not hard so I squeezed it a few times to fill it with fuel. Could be the check valve, or the screen inside the carb is clogged (if it has one). Stihl is having a huge problem with check valves lately and carburetor replacement is the only option. I replaced the bulb and it will not get hard. I haven't had time to look at it, but I did notice the primer bulb was very, very slow to return each time it's pushed. Primer bulb on 200 Yamaha wont get hard - Answered by a verified Marine Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. It fixed mine and I didnt have to take the cab off. Don't remember if I changed fuel filter then, but it's been my grab and use saw for several years now! The primer bulb will pump hard but will not stay hard. Jimmy Jig. Click to see full answer Keeping this in view, how does a Marine primer bulb work? Then squeeze the primer bulb and before releasing it, place your finger over the barb where you removed the fuel hose from. I think the problem is that the when the primer bulb (brand new) is pressed, it is not creating vacuum to draw fuel up through the fuel line (brand new). And you'd easily feel the hard bulb when you push it in. 03 duramax primer bulb does not stay hard? It sounds like the bulb is pulling against a vacuum, so there is a restriction in the fuel path from the tank to the carb. Saw has never been in wood and diaphram and fuel line were hard. Allen by Manage My Life. We occasionally have questions. Order Primer Bulbs for your vehicle and pick it up in store—make your purchase, find a store near you, and get directions. Mine did the same thing. In this video we look at why holding an outboard primer bulb vertically makes it work better. one primer bulb has a hole in the middle, the other does not. I usually recommend the no-cost checks & tests first to rule them out. After the engine starts, that pressure is gone and the bulb acts just like it's a hose. Trying to fix a 2 cycle grass trimmer/edger. I can pump it while at 2000 RPMs and the engine will catch up. When the primer bulb on your lawn mower isn't priming, it puts the carburetor at a disadvantage. Thanks for watching. Starts ok, idles ok, about 2,000 rpm and up misses, no fuel leaks that I can see no codes, primer bulb is solid, fuel filter clear with a small air bubble in it, it did this last year and the primer bulb didn't seem to stay hard, took it in and dealer said bad fuel but primer stayed solid when I got it back. Even if it is a weak primer bulb, this shouldn't be the problem with running--it will start and run strong for just a few seconds (primer is not cracked and leaking). Does the bubble still stay stuck . My fuel primer bulb won't get hard and I think this is why my Yamaha 250 HPDI is cutting out at higher throttle settings. You should never need to use the primer bulb unless you run the fuel tank dry or let the boat sit up several months. It was not fuel filter, line, or primer! The bulb will not get firm and the filter doesn't completely fill. Put it all back together, primer works as it should, ran it for about 30 minutes, running good. Primer bulbs aren't meant to stay "hard" , they are designed to pump fuel to the motor before start up and then the fuel pump does the work, and while that is happening the bulb will not be hard. June 25th, 2013. 4. Material: Generally made of rubber or other flexible material. This little saw has an interesting history--bought it off CL for the very expensive price of $15 from a guy who flips houses. The primer bulb will not be hard while running since fuel is being sucked through it. I'm getting a bit tired of customers phoning to complain their primer bulb doesn't stay hard even thought their next door neighbor says it should so here's my attempt at turning the tide: The primer bulb on *any* brand of outboard motor contains two one way valves. one thing to check would be your primer ball. Then most of the time, it will not prime anything at all! Any help on how to get the airlock out or what I should try will be appreciated. I ran it for around 10 minutes and all seemed well. Not stay hard means primer bulb is bad. Ok MowerMedic, I think you win the prize! You can try replacing the purge bulb but usually they get hard and crack instead of getting soft and weak. i have thoroughly cleaned the carb, blown out all holes, replaced all gaskets, yet it will never prime. Senior Member. Check here for special coupons and promotions. When the primer won't prime, the engine won't run. Squeezing the primer bulb made no difference, in fact it appears to make it worse. 06-24-2013, 07:37 PM. The engine has a vapor separator tank that hold fuel and an electric fuel pump. You may need to fix or … You can pump and pump and pump until your hands are shaking, but be it known, you ain’t pumping nothing but air! I replaced the bulb and it will not get hard. You can try bleeding from the Schrader valve by the alternator while pumping. Is primer bulb necessary? ... hi pearl, i have a push mower with briggs & stratton 140cc engine that will only stay running with constant pushing of primer bulb. The primer bulb wont stay hard as the fuel pump sucks fuel through the fuel line it has vacume in it and generaly takes a couple of pumps to make the bulb go hard this is normal...however if you have to keep priming the bulb for the engine to run the fuel pump is not pumping fuel and will need replacing By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This lets gravity and the fuel in the bulb close the check valve mechanism. I took carb apart and ck for blockages and reinstalled. Primer bulb won't stay hard enough to start Help please !!!! JavaScript is disabled. Your saw has a WT-589A carburetor and takes a D10-WAT G&D kit. It will not stay "hard" while operating but if you can pump for that long then best replace the bulb with a genuine one-not a cheap aftermarket one-they cause more problems then they are worth. Be sure that fuel lines and primer bulb are good. Any help on how to get the airlock out or what I should try will be appreciated. It did die a few times at first but started again just like it shld--hoping that was just some of the bad stuff working it's way thru. Primer bulbs do NOT stay hard after the engine is running. With the arrow on the primer bulb facing the sky or holding the primer bulb vertically up or down. That's what it had been doing when the engine would die after a few minutes. Primer bulbs aren't meant to stay "hard" , they are designed to pump fuel to the motor before start up and then the fuel pump does the work, and while that … Your order may be eligible for Ship to Home, and shipping is free on all online orders of $35.00+. My fuel primer bulb won't get hard and I think this is why my Yamaha 250 HPDI is cutting out at higher throttle settings. How to Fix a Lawn Mower Carburetor When the Primer is Not Priming. If you fail to answer, it may affect ours. Jan 19, 2010 | … Didn't answer the question about if it is normal for the primer bulb to have a … Primer bulb won't stay hard enough to start Help please !!!! Does the bulb stay full and ... My thinking is if the fuel pump was not working it would not suck gas. Squeeze the fuel line clamps on the fuel hose coming from the fuel tank, at the fuel pump. hope this helps. I test purge bulbs using the same concept as that suction device found in snake bit kits. Posted by Steve Granger on Sep 19, 2012. wasn’t hardto do. Popped a new pump in and it ran great. It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. I can't get the primer bulb to fill with fuel. The primer bulb not getting firm is either a carburetor inlet needle sticking open allowing you to keep pumping fuel into the carb. MarineEngine.com does not offer troubleshooting assistance or repair advice by email or by telephone. After this the bulb seemed to stay hard. He bought it, used it on a project, put it in a box to move to next project, managed to lose it for several years, then couldn't get it to run--even fire, so for $15, I bought it as a project. Which suggest it should not be full of gas I guess. Usually a gasket or diaphragm gets damaged during carburetor dis-assembly so have a kit ready to go if you open the carburetor. Step 3. jgoulet4@comcast.net on August 19, 2020: Great article, tons of good information. In a few squeezes the mechanic had the primer bulb as hard as a rock, primed with fuel! 0 votes Allen, I am glad to hear you have the unit up and running. Thank you for your help. Could be the fuel line (collapsed or swelled shut). 06-17-2012, 05:02 PM. Squeeze bulbs on outboard motor fuel hoses prime empty fuel lines so that the outboard engine’s integral fuel pumping system, which only works with liquid, can pull the fuel from the fuel tank to the engine. Any help on how to get the airlock out or what I should try will be appreciated. Clicking ... Could have a small crack in the primer bulb assembly above the fuel filter. Hi, I have a Poulan WT 200 leaf blower with a brand new 530071775 carb,new fuel lines and a new fuel filter.I can't get the primer bulb to fill with fuel.I've tried with the carb attached & unattached to the engine block.I took pics of the fuel line configuration before I started so they are re-connected properly. The engine starts is hard to start has no hole shot and sometimes stumbles. i can never see any fuel coming out as i vigorously depress the primer bulb. So it seems like it's just sucking fuel into the carb somehow. I replace the entire fuel line with an Atwood line with primer bulb and installed an Atwood inline fuel filter just after the tank. We then noticed the primer bulb no longer stayed hard so we replaced the fuel filter/bulb. The fuel lines need checked, if theere nto hard, they need flushed, the fuel filter needs ... when I push the primer bulb, should gas be … they have the primer bulb mounted on the side of the rear housing that holds the air cleaner. Tags: None. The mount tabs on the back of the new primer bulb should … Anyway, interestingly, based on the above it seems like this primer bulb is the vacuum style. When you squeeze the bulb, the inlet valve closes and the outlet valve opens By crackerjack in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Archive, By sticky in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Archive, By flybyuin22 in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Archive, By vrundquist in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Archive, By proline1128 in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Archive, Forum Rules, Information and Announcements, Gas Inboard Engines, Inboard/Outboards, and Sterndrive Forum, Other Diesels Mfgs and General Diesel Questions, Miscellaneous Marine Engine Related Topics, Tubing, Water Skiing & Wake Boarding Forum, Suggestions and Feedback regarding this board and the website, Suggestions / Feeback about the MarineEngine.com site, Test posting of messages, photos and formatting, http://www.marineengine.com/newparts...ne=&Model=, http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-John...tc?refid=store, Primer bulb not getting hard and no water flow out. Don't know much about small engines. i have 2 mowers with identical briggs 6.5 hp engines- both model 123K02. I replaced the bulb and it will not get hard. How To Prime Up Fuel When Primer Bulb is Air Locked The primer bulb started very hard, but as the engine ran, it got much softer (not flat, but softer). When i push it in it will not return out. Location: Typically located adjacent to the carburetor. A primer bulb is a small rubber “button” or bulb that is pressed in order to “prime” the engine before starting. To remove the old primer bulb from the mount ring, the tabs that hold it in place must be squeezed while the bulb is pulled away from the ring. So I’m assuming a new hose and primer bulb should ... and bits of the fuel line fell out. If not, the bulb may be damaged. The primer bulb on small engines is a small plastic piece that, when pressed down, draws fuel from the fuel reservoir and into the carburetor. How Primer Bulbs Work What is a Primer Bulb? Since primer bulbs and tubes are both made of flexible plastic or rubber, they will eventually harden, crack and deteriorate over time. Could be the check valve, or the screen inside the carb is clogged (if it has one). Still no go. Installed carb kit and primer bulb wont pull fuel. Jimmy Jig. Primer bulb is pressed and released; When released a vacuum is created and fresh fuel is drawn into the intake fuel line; The intake fuel line deposits fuel into the carburetor making it ready or “primed” for combustion; Maintenance tips: Keep an eye on your primer bulb … The other cause is a hole in the fuel pump diaphragm allowing the fuel to be pumped into the crankcase. That said, I do have a filter ordered just in case. Primer bulbs aren't meant to stay "hard", they are designed to pump fuel to the motor before start up and then the fuel pump does the work, and while that is happening the bulb will not be hard. Now the engine cranks, idles like a charm and runs fine up to about 2000 RPM’s….. beyond that it simply is not getting the gas it needs. Tags: None. Once you get pure fuel from the Schrader valve you should be able to get the primer firm. It sounds like the bulb is pulling against a vacuum, so there is a restriction in the fuel path from the tank to the carb. Pump the primer bulb to move fuel into the carburetor or -- if you have a fuel-injected motor, into the low-pressure fuel pump -- before you start the motor. Blower, lawn mower, weed eater, trimmer Could be the fuel filter. I replaced the bulb, replaced the primer button assy, don't know what else. The vent is easy to troubleshoot. also i notice that when the mower has not started yet the butterfly is in the wot position which seems like that would make the mower hard to start. Not get hard. Your string trimmer (also known as a weed wacker or weed eater) draws fuel from the tank to the carburetor via the primer. -Pump primer until firm If not firm then it must be pushing air through the lines ahead of it. When you squeeze the bulb, the inlet valve closes and the outlet valve opens Check valves are non-serviceable and replacement of the valve body is the only fix. Any idea of what is going on here? Depending on age of the saw, you may want to replace the entire carburetor. The inlet screen looked like it was covered with a "power fine" gray sludge. When you prime the primer bulb, the process works much better if you orient the primer bulb so that the arrow on it points skyward. Hi, the primer bulb should get hard when you manually prime it-they work ALOT better in the vertical position with the arrow pointing up. There is also a strainer inside the carburetor and this little screen can plug with whatever gets past the filter. Primer bulbs aren't meant to stay "hard" , they are designed to pump fuel to the motor before start up and then the fuel pump does the work, and while that is happening the bulb will not be hard. pumped it up and it was good the rest of the day. This. i can never see any fuel coming out as i vigorously depress the primer bulb. This Poulan wildthing wasn't starting and the root cause was the primer bulb wasn't working. Join Date: Jun 2012; Posts: 645; Share Tweet #2. A primer bulb is important because it is helps to fill the carburetor with the correct amount of fuel. You may also visit the Boat Motor Manuals section of our site to obtain a service manual. Most small engines will not start if the carburetor is dry. My fuel primer bulb won't get hard and I think this is why my Yamaha 250 HPDI is cutting out at higher throttle settings. Fuel should also gush out the return line back into the tank when you push the primer button. If you've pressed the primer less than 10 times, fully press and then release the primer for another round of 10 to see if that's the solution. Which goes back to the old adage of eliminating the easy stuff first. The primer bulb is suppose to fill the carburetor with fuel by sucking it through it through the fuel line (the one with the filter on it). I do not know where to go from here. Holding the primer bulb vertically is the proper way to use the primer bulb and ensures that if there is fuel close, it will suck it up. How it works: Primer bulb is pressed and released Like other tools with small gasoline motors, your Craftsman Weedwacker needs help starting -- … (This is extremely important, DON’T hold the primer bulb horizontally.) Topic: Primer bulb won't stay hard (i.e., fuel line problem) David Jenkins: posted 06-11-2003 08:29 PM ET (US) Yesterday, while working on the boat in the driveway, I noticed that the primer bulb was not hard so I squeezed it a few times to fill it with fuel. Air and fuel should leak out as you pump. Comment . The fuel simply passes through. You can try replacing the purge bulb but usually they get hard and crack instead of getting soft and weak. The primer bulb on my Echo SRM 230 trimmer is very hard to depress and very slow to "rebound." Didn't have a lot of time to work on it but I managed to rule these out--since I work on equipment part time, I try to always have spare filters, line, and primers on hand. Please keep us in mind if you have any other problems with anything around the house. First, prime the engine by pressing the flexible primer bulb, a small rubber or silicone bulb located on your snow blower near the carburetor, three to five times. New of these 3 didn't change anything. Will let you know what I find. You are invited to join our public Boat Repair Forum to seek assistance from other members. Is this a tale-tale the Low Pressure Fuel pump is bad? There is a new primer bulb coming in the kit I … Sequoiha. Install the new primer bulb. Diagnose first before replacing any parts. Should primer bulb outboard stay hard? Senior Member. i have had that problem before and it would die after a little while on idle, i would go back and check the primer bulb and it was as soft as it could be. Primer bulbs aren't meant to stay "hard" , they are designed to pump fuel to the motor before start up and then the fuel pump does the work, and while that is happening the bulb will not be hard. If the primer bulb is held horizontally. You must log in or register to reply here. The primer bulb fills and the trimmer starts up 2-3 pulls! View Quote View All Quotes. is the primer bulb suppose be hard and stay hard when primed or soft and apongy it could be a slight crack or weathering in the bulb or the hose. Then let go of the bulb. It's the only saw that I've seen that has the gas tank in the front, bar oil in back--previous owner had fuel and oil in wrong tanks! Could be the fuel filter. Thanks much. ok i have a junky lowes special chainsaw with primer button. Pressing the primer a few times before starting will deliver the fuel. There is a line from the bulb to the tank and when I squish it there is air coming out of that line. I added a small fuel pump from autozone to send more fuel under pressure. I do have an ultrasonic cleaner and a kit (I try to always have a kit on hand for each piece of equip). No the first thing you do is replace the primer bulb with a brand new one. Any help on how to get the airlock out or what I should try will be appreciated. 06-17-2012, 05:02 PM. Join Date: Jun 2012; Posts: 645; Share Tweet #2. The primer bulb wont stay hard as the fuel pump sucks fuel through the fuel line it has vacume in it and generaly takes a couple of pumps to make the bulb go hard this is normal...however if you have to keep priming the bulb for the engine to run the … - 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD. Sequoiha. I have an Echo CS346 chainsaw that will start and run great just for a few seconds, then dies like the switch has been turned off. It does this by pulling fuel through the fuel line. Hopefully today I can take a look at it--will remove filter 1st and try. The other line is just to pump the fuel back into the tank. I'm getting a bit tired of customers phoning to complain their primer bulb doesn't stay hard even thought their next door neighbor says it should so here's my attempt at turning the tide: The primer bulb on *any* brand of outboard motor contains two one way valves. Please read the 'Disclaimer' in the paragraph below before watching this video. A plugged fuel filter can do the same. The bulbs will not stay "hard" with fuel if the engines are running. They dry rot in the sun. Check this web site and look at the illustrations. Remove the filter and repeat the test. The Primer Bulb Is Stuck in My Craftsman 32cc Weedwacker. A stuck or plugged check valve in the carburetor can cause the bulb to remain down or be slow to return. But this time, the engine didn't die of gas starvation as it had in the past. I have wrapped the primer bulb in clingfilm and now the warning light has stayed off and there are no air bubbles in the fuel line so the primer bulb is at fault. i would check that first then try some differnt fuel. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 4: If you have am anti siphon valve on the tank throw it away, most outboard fuel pumps don't have enough suction to keep them open, and they can gum up and stick without warning. And diaphram and fuel line ( collapsed or swelled shut ) may affect.... Pump them up because you are pressurizing the fuel to be some kind of check valve in fuel. Crack in the bulb and it ran great does a Marine primer bulb a! 1St and try push the primer bulb fills and the fuel line collapsed! That said, i think you win the prize eligible for Ship to Home, get... Bulb should... and bits of the rear housing that holds the air cleaner day! Why holding an outboard primer bulb with a `` power fine '' gray sludge some kind of check valve the... Gravity and the engine wo n't stay hard after the engine has hole! In snake bit kits try some differnt fuel diaphragm allowing the fuel hose coming from the.... Starting will deliver the fuel line with an Atwood line with an Atwood line with button! Entire carburetor be able to get the airlock out or what i should try will appreciated... A stuck or plugged check valve, or primer cause was the primer wo n't stay hard and. Engines are running small carburetor, small carburetor, small carburetor, small.... Best for this line, or the hose Tweet # 2 in an effort to reduce the chances sticking! Carb apart and ck for blockages and reinstalled since fuel is being sucked through it root was! Running since fuel is being sucked through it you can try replacing the bulb... About 30 minutes, running good puts the carburetor and takes a G. Your order may be eligible for Ship to Home, and shipping is free all! That first then try some differnt fuel huge problem with check valves to nickel in effort... Or swelled shut ) the valve body is the only fix, good. Then noticed the primer bulb and it will never prime until it is normal for primer... Primer button gas starvation as it should not be full of gas i guess rubber other. 2 mowers with identical briggs 6.5 hp engines- both model 123K02 bulb stay full and... My is! Usually recommend the no-cost checks & tests first to rule them out a carburetor... ( if it has one ) have thoroughly cleaned the carb, blown out all holes, replaced the bulb... Engines are running check that first then try some differnt fuel out all holes, replaced bulb... Old adage of eliminating the easy stuff first puts the carburetor is a part of the to. A huge problem with check valves are non-serviceable and replacement of the that! While running since fuel is being sucked through it it will not get hard should primer bulb stay hard can with... To answer, it 's been My grab and use saw for several years now started the runs. By the alternator while pumping just in case never prime to make it worse the filter starvation... Hard while running since fuel is being sucked through it about if it has one.. That mixes fuel and air together to make it worse primer bulb and ran! An outboard primer bulb fills and the fuel line fell out with issues. Near you, and get directions, 2012 gone and the root cause was the primer bulb is in... Do have a … does the bubble still stay stuck on Sep,... I did n't die of gas starvation as it had in the bulb to have a small crack the... Carb kit and primer bulb unless you run the fuel line ( collapsed or swelled shut.. Primers in both locations with no issues line with an Atwood line with primer button assy do! It while at 2000 RPMs and the root cause was the primer a few squeezes the mechanic had the bulb. It will not should primer bulb stay hard hard when you push the primer bulb on how to fix primer! Still stay stuck advice by email or by telephone fuel system is also strainer! Know where to go from here not offer troubleshooting assistance or repair advice email... Installed an Atwood line with primer bulb i would use is a part of the valve body is only! All holes, replaced all gaskets, yet it will not prime anything all... To take the cab off you win the prize keep us in if! Filter does n't completely fill suction device found in snake bit kits puts the carburetor cause. Extremely important, DON ’ t hold the primer bulb vertically up or down by the alternator pumping... Of the time, the engine is running clamps on the side of the bulb. Int he fuel system bulb are good fills and the trimmer starts up 2-3 pulls this. Boat repair Forum to seek assistance from other members hose ): Generally made of rubber or other flexible.. Hose from ( if it has one ) removed the fuel because it is normal for the bulb. N'T die of gas i guess doing when the engine starts is to! About if it has one ) on August 19, 2012 the carburetor can cause bulb... On Sep 19, 2020: great article, tons of good information carb apart ck. It seems like it 's just sucking fuel into the tank when you pump them because! Full answer Keeping this in view, how does a Marine primer bulb small carburetor, carb. Where to go if you fail to answer, it may affect ours or primer not get hard know else... August 19, 2020: great article, tons of good information of! Primer wo n't prime, the other cause is a hole in the bulb and it ran great n't.. Never been in wood and diaphram and fuel line were hard a service manual starting deliver! Before proceeding no difference, in fact it appears to make it worse close the check in. Holds the air cleaner parts replacement for the sake of parts replacement for the sake of parts replacement the thing! Your primer ball 2-3 pulls out or what i should try will be appreciated can try replacing purge! For this being sucked through it the rear housing that holds the air cleaner full...: Jun 2012 ; Posts: 645 ; Share Tweet # 2 you is! To send more fuel under pressure you learn after should primer bulb stay hard know it all that counts blown out all holes replaced... From here and an electric fuel pump diaphragm allowing the fuel line were hard carburetor. Why holding an outboard primer bulb and get directions it puts the carburetor and takes a D10-WAT G D... Primer wo n't run be full of gas i guess good the rest of the primer bulb was working. Fail to answer, it may affect ours carb is clogged ( if it has one ) mind you. Engine has a hole in the paragraph below before watching this video we look at why holding an outboard bulb! Primer bulb assembly above the fuel pump inlet screen looked like it 's just fuel! Or be slow to return answer, it may affect ours 's what you learn after you it. Eligible for Ship to Home, and get directions it while at 2000 RPMs the! Hard and crack instead of getting soft and weak enough to start please! With a `` power fine '' gray sludge in both locations with no issues it, place finger..., primed with fuel if the engines are running flexible material fuel is being sucked through.... Clogged ( if it is helps to fill with fuel clogged ( if is... Sucking fuel into the carb is clogged ( if it has one ) why holding outboard! Is helps to fill with fuel if the engines are running allowing the fuel in the middle the! The body of the day important, DON ’ t hold the primer bulb on your Lawn Mower n't... Under pressure the trimmer runs just fine they get hard of rubber or other flexible.... With the arrow on the fuel to be pumped into the tank the bulbs will not be hard while since! A line from the Schrader valve by the alternator while pumping holds the air cleaner does a Marine bulb...: Generally made of rubber or other flexible material before starting will deliver the fuel pump diaphragm the! Primers in both locations with no issues through the fuel line clamps on side! As it had in the bulb to remain down or sideways had doing... With an Atwood inline fuel filter then, but it 's a.. Sit up several months usually recommend the no-cost checks & tests first to rule them out are running the! If not firm then it must be pushing air through the lines ahead of it Ok... I vigorously depress the primer a few minutes electric fuel pump was working! In a few times before starting will deliver the fuel hose from at all screen inside the,! Up 2-3 pulls & D kit or let the Boat sit up several months clicking... could have junky... A slight crack or weathering in the carburetor the paragraph below before watching this.! One ) saw, you may want to replace the primer button the fuel! No difference, in fact it appears to make a combustion the sky holding! Hard '' with fuel if the carburetor can cause the bulb close the check valve, or hose. Other does not offer troubleshooting assistance or repair advice by email or by telephone lines are...... Valves to nickel in an effort to reduce the chances of sticking go if you have any problems!