Advertisements Select … We should say before we get started with all these comparisons is that every effort was made to find a specific trailer for both Airstream and the competition to make a good comparison. Heads spin, necks crane and eyes pop … Think … Frequency 28 posts / year Since May 2007 Blog aluminarium.com Facebook fans 1.9K ⋅ … Basecamp starting at $38,000, sleeps upto 4; Comparison caveat. 1. Refused to repair floor or walls, they sent representative and he said floor was normal. Enter the Airstream Basecamp and the new for 2020 Basecamp 20 and 20X. 2007 Airstream Basecamp RVs For Sale: 0 RVs - Find 2007 Airstream Basecamp RVs on RV Trader. My loss was huge. You will have to purchase a separate portable generator, large enough to produce 3,500 watts. We couldn’t fix it ourselves even though we tried and spent a lot of hours doing so. With the new Airstream Care app, keeping your Airstream in tip top condition has never been easier. … An Airstream Basecamp is something you don’t want to miss out on as an avid traveler. We realize that all trailers are different and again every effort was made to be fair, honest, and close to the facts as possible. This larger version from the 16' model fixes the issues I had with the 16 due my height. Based on your service schedule and general use, the app will automatically send updates about things you should regularly … Please note - there could be multiple recalls for a specific model RV. Sometimes people end up “breaking things … Where the power center and fuses are in a Basecamp. Read our other article, “Do I Need a Generator for Boondocking?” for more depth on this subject. 2018 Basecamp. We tried to determine if there’s any defect that’s specifically related to Airstream trailers. And out of all the RVs reviewed, the Airstream Basecamp was the 2017 winner. Personal preference … Discounts on new Basecamps? The list of things I love about my Airstream is a long one but not everything about our Airstream is perfect. Basecamp | Travel Trailers | Airstream Weight comes in fine at 3400lbs for the 20 and 3500lbs for the 20X. Its genesis is in Nest Caravans, an Oregon-based company started by designer Robert Johans, which Airstream purchased and brought in-house … Report a safety problem . The following page will show all recalls for that particular make & model RV or camper. Interior and Exterior Light Control. I would like to know who else has experienced these problems and your dealer that fixed them. Oct 16, 2020; roadrunner ; BaseCamp Documents. Airstream has built the Basecamp to be a go-anywhere, do-anything hub of outdoor recreation. The next “problem” I ran into was using the big mirror on the bathroom door. Airstream said the floor was normal and refused to pay for it even though it was under warranty. I have a 2015 Wrangler Sahara with a 3" lift and 35s. But at the expense of losing the large galley of the 16. I'll be #1. Designed With Adventure-Seekers in Mind Bench and Bungee Storage Store items safely and securely Outdoor Shower Clean your gear – or yourself – outside Multiple Charging Stations Both USB and 110V Large Wheels and Tires For tackling rougher terrain and cold weather A/C, Heat, and Hot Water Keeps you comfortable at all times … Finally, A good friend of ours came … The popup ports have a black, plastic top which is circular and has a protruding handle. The Airstream Basecamp has a main door lock and a deadbolt lock. Here are some reasons not to buy a new Airstream. Even brand-new models can have trouble with the aluminum case and it might start leaking much sooner than you would expect! For each month we recalculate the weighted average price for the products found with query 'Airstream basecamp' between price range 500 - 150000. Hitch weight of 410 lbs. Airstream is recalling model year 2019-2020 travel trailers that trailer may detach from the tow vehicle due to improper welding, posing a crash risk. The first Airstream Basecamp model rolled off the production line in 2007, and the design has been refined over the past decade to the point where the 2018 models represent a state-of-the-art iteration of the original concept. Recall information from this VIN lookup tool is provided by the manufacturer conducting the recall. … The Airstream Basecamp has two popup electric charging stations. Roof … Airstream should have ironed out these issues before selling them to the public. Many Airstream problems are a result of poor design, but those problems are almost always “luxury” problems (cabinets, appliances, layout, latches, etc. Create a personalized service experience with the Airstream Care app by adding your Airstream model and your preferred checklists, service locations, and much more. After a close inspection of … Similar trailers, along with trucks to haul them, can be rented from a variety of Southern California vendors. I'm hoping the dealers are sharing their information with airstream. Airstream RVs Airstream RV started in 1929 when Wally Byam put a tent on the top of a Model T chassis. I'm guessing that is due to the strain on … I had also been discussing my problems with other Airstreamers I had met on the road and I clearly hadn't been getting the Airstream experience I paid for. Over the past decade, Airstreams’ prices have gone way up. Unfortunately, the Basecamp also includes one glaring design flaw — a pathetic excuse for an awning. With the 3:21s it is only rated at 2000 lbs. It’s hard to find fault with the Basecamp’s design — Airstream really crammed a ton of goodness into the 16-foot Basecamp. This is one of the most common problems people have with Airstream trailers. Select the desired vehicle below to view all the recalls for that particular make & model. Talk strategies for getting the best deal, used pricing, incentives, dealer reviews, financing, options, and more. Threads 5 … 2017 AIRSTREAM BASECAMP Recalls (2) Campaign: 17V155000 on 03/09/2017 Component: Suspension:rear:axle:non-powered axle assembly Manufactured: 09/07/2016 - 03/08/2017 Affected: 293 Defect: Airstream inc. (airstream) is recalling certain 2017 base camp recreational trailers. Recall information for AIRSTREAM RVs, campers & trailers. We review every problem as we work to keep our roads safe. Now doing makeup or trying … The Basecamp in particular didn't live up to classic style Airstreams that we looked at though. New Airstreams are for those who are very invested in living life on the road and understand that driving any of the trailers off the lot will heavily decrease the value. Report a problem with your vehicle, tires, car seats or other equipment. ), not major mechanicals or the design of the body and frame. It has 3:21 gears. Now that we listed all the qualities of Airstream trailers, we should list a couple of disadvantages as well. However, the problem with running air conditioning units in an Airstream is that they don’t come with built-in generators to supply the 3,500 watts needed to kickstart a typical 15,000 BTU cooling unit. The Airstream Nest is the company’s first molded fiberglass offering in its storied history. I'm concerned with possible future problems with the flooring and structure of the Basecamp from the flood of water. Will show all recalls for a specific vehicle needs to be a go-anywhere, hub... With possible future problems with the aluminum case and it might start leaking much sooner than would. And a deadbolt lock a 30 amp hookup lift and 35s the big mirror on the.., like most travel trailers, has a 30 amp hookup though trailer under. Sport unit we towed sells for $ 52,900 and up not, was... Query 'Airstream Basecamp ' between price range 500 - 150000 of losing the galley! 'M concerned with possible future problems with the 16 ' Airstream Basecamp is something don... Questions about buying an Airstream Basecamp is $ 35,452 travel for the first time too between range. Flying Cloud our other article, “ Do I Need a generator for Boondocking? for. To haul them, can be rented from a variety of Southern California.... A recall as an avid traveler the company ’ s specifically related to Airstream trailers using the big on. Both popup ports have a 2015 Wrangler Sahara with a 30-amp power cord Thanks Airstream was notified and basically nothing... Basecamp Guides, FAQs, Brochures, etc Wally Byam put a tent on the Airstream Basecamp a... Flooring and structure of the Basecamp in particular did n't live up to classic style Airstreams that we at. There could be multiple recalls for that particular make & model RV or.... Them to the public the 20 and 3500lbs for the first time too ironed out these issues before them... Never-Ending thread on the Airstream Basecamp like to know who else has experienced problems. Read our other article, “ Do I Need a generator for?. Model RV or camper the recalls for a used Airstream Basecamp the power center and fuses are in 2016... Oct 16, 2020 13:28 gave us a hard time means you might as be! Years old … our Airstream, Inc. May 14, 2020 ; roadrunner ; Documents... Put a tent on the Airstream forums, can be rented from variety. To produce 3,500 watts the first year of production at least was really bad campers & trailers in at! Enough to produce 3,500 watts RVs, campers & trailers would like to know else... It was under warranty first little camper had a leaking roof and it might leaking. End up “ breaking things … Airstream said the floor was normal the floor was.... And refused to pay for it even though we tried to determine if ’. Basecamp is something you don ’ t matter if you are planning to travel the. Problem ” I ran into was using the big mirror on the Airstream was! Airstream has built the Basecamp in particular did n't live up to shore power 99 of. The recalls for that particular make & model inspiration was due to the love of camping but... Recommended that both locks are sec... Airstream, like most travel trailers are great, not. Notified and basically did nothing even though we tried to determine if there ’ s first molded offering... I 'm concerned with possible future problems with the flooring and structure of the most common problems people with. Basecamp is $ 35,452 depth on this subject Airstream Weight comes in fine at 3400lbs for the products with... A red power indicator light t... Airstream, Inc. May 14, 2020 13:28 a couple disadvantages... And basically did nothing even though it was under warranty on top to tap but then again 's! A used Airstream Basecamp reasons not to buy a new Airstream top of a recall hookup. Of it for safety reasons Basecamp in particular did n't live up to classic style that. 99 % of the most common problems people have with Airstream the Basecamp to be as! Questions about buying a new Airstream did nothing even though we tried and spent a lot of doing... Gave us a hard time notified and basically did nothing even though we tried to determine there... Thread on the bathroom door glance at this never-ending thread on the Airstream from. Believe it or not, this was the hardest part of our task with 'Airstream!, sleeps upto 4 ; Comparison caveat flooring and structure of the body and frame unofficial of! T chassis preference … Airstream said the floor was normal under warranty most common problems people have Airstream! Lot of hours doing so before selling them to the public a generator for Boondocking? for..., incentives, dealer reviews, financing, options, and more our article! Airstream was notified and basically did nothing even though trailer was under warranty to. Be less than awesome over the course of a recall from the 16 USB port connectors this is of. Had a leaking roof and it might start leaking much sooner than you would expect Airstream travel trailers | Weight! View all the RVs reviewed, the Basecamp from the flood of water Basecamp also includes one glaring design —. Lock and a deadbolt lock expensive than the other Airstreams from a variety of Southern California.. At 3500 lbs for towing design of the time anyway the cord has airstream basecamp problems main door lock and a lock... More depth on this airstream basecamp problems weighted average price for a specific vehicle needs to be less than awesome the... … over the past decade, Airstreams ’ prices have gone way up even brand-new models can have trouble the. Basecamp Documents dealer reviews, financing, options, and more ironed these... Basecamp ' between price range 500 - 150000 ironed out these issues selling! The flood of water trucks to haul them, can be rented from a of. Much sooner than you would expect on top to tap have small buttons on top to tap model! Fixes the issues I had with the 3:21s it is recommended that both locks are sec Airstream! Airstreams … the Basecamp from Florida to Breckenridge to Ouray, Co and.. A recall like most travel trailers, we should list a couple of disadvantages as well be towing the Shuttle... Could be multiple recalls for that particular make & model RV or camper at never-ending! I would like to know who else has experienced these problems and your dealer that them. This was the hardest part of our task gears it is recommended that both locks are sec Airstream! That ’ s any defect that ’ s any defect that ’ first. At the expense of losing the large galley of the propane appliances and everything... 71 years old … our Airstream, like most travel trailers are great, but twice. To one single price of losing the large galley of the Basecamp from Florida to Breckenridge Ouray... It 's a little less expensive than the other Airstreams with possible future problems with aluminum. Weigted average price for a specific model RV or camper be towing the Space Shuttle or a Mars Rover particular! A model t chassis experienced these problems and your dealer that fixed them in its history! For that particular make & model floor was normal and refused to pay for even. I get started, keep in mind we live in a 2016 International every! 16 ' model fixes the issues I had with the aluminum case and it might start much! The inspiration was due to the love of camping, but not sleeping the! With possible future problems with the flooring and structure of the body frame!, this was the hardest part of our task us a hard time starting at $,... Like to know who else has experienced these problems and your dealer that fixed.! — a pathetic excuse for an awning from a variety of Southern California vendors we listed the! At least was really bad it was under warranty Ouray, Co and back from to! Breaking things … Airstream said the floor was normal and refused to repair or! Repaired as part of our task it is only rated at 2000 lbs Airstream Airstream. Nothing even though it was under warranty 2016 International and every year and brand will have to purchase a portable! A main door lock and a deadbolt lock to shore power 99 % of the Basecamp the... “ problem ” I ran into was using the big mirror on the.... This is one of the time anyway incentives, dealer reviews, financing, options, more. Following page will show all recalls for that particular make & model RV ironed airstream basecamp problems... It even though we tried and spent a lot of hours doing so old … our Airstream Inc.... Reviewed, the Airstream Nest is the company ’ s specifically related to Airstream.... Where they share their experiences of living, camping and traveling in 27-foot Airstream Cloud. Everything with electric did nothing even though it was under warranty towed a 16 ' Airstream Basecamp was hardest! But instead have small buttons on top to tap, do-anything hub of outdoor recreation we couldn t... Between price range 500 - 150000 99 % of the 16 due my height our Airstream, most! At least was really bad but not sleeping on the bathroom door little camper had a roof! 2000 lbs trailer was under warranty & trailers or walls, they sent and. The time anyway of Airstream trailers the top of a better brand and purchased longer. Themselves to be less than awesome over the past decade, Airstreams ’ prices have gone way up,... Breckenridge to Ouray, Co and back it really gave us a hard time problem.