I’ve tried a few of the RJ-45 (8-pin) cables I had here and they actually seem to make it sound worse in some cases. Supra CAT8 Ethernet Cable Review – An Amazing Spotify and Tidal Experience, 21 Best Sounding True Wireless Earbuds (2020), 10mm (~3/8”) thick enclosure with black satin finish, Shelved DSP Mode (Desktop) – Crossover: 125 Hz, Flat DSP Mode (Stands) – Crossover: 80 Hz. Speaker 1.1. Posted by Jay Luong | Dec 31, 2018 | Bookshelf, Reviews, Speakers | 8 - Active Speakers, Best in Class, Vanatoo. Rick Kernen also shares a lifelong love of electronics and audio equipment. The centerpieces of the Transparent One design are the 5.25-inch aluminum woofer, a matching 5.25-inch passive radiator on the rear, and a 1-inch silk dome tweeter up f… I like to upgrade to a simple stereo desktop speaker set. You can’t bypass the Vanatoo Zero DAC, the answer is right in your own sentence . Everyone's ears are different, and there's no "one size fits all"! I feel the designers spent a long time voicing this speaker with its stock cables. I preferred a 25-degree toe-in. I can't be limited to 2 hours while listening to speakers. I use a pair of Vanatoo Transparent Zero's in a home entertainment setup, connected to a TV via fixed level optical audio (itself connected to a Caavo box/ HDMI switcher). The volume button could be held down for speed up the adjustment. I’ve reviewed other speakers that use a 5.25″ driver, and none of them shake the desk like these can. Build quality is impressive! Rick is also an accomplished woodworker who builds Arts and Crafts style furniture for his home. Using the 3.5mm in, the speakers takes the analog signal, reverts it to digital, and *then* back to analog again. Admittedly…the engineer-esque design really grew on me. Rick has over 35 years of experience in microprocessor-based electronics and software design. Admittedly…the engineer-esque design really grew on me. It is inherent to class d I think. They arrive weighing a dense 12 pounds each, and measure 10 inches tall, 6.5 inches wide, and 8.5 inches deep (the passive speaker is an inch shallower as it lacks the inputs and control knobs of the active speaker). Sure. Even with the knob set at the far right, the remote could still lower its volume. The Transparent Zero is made of all bespoke parts – even the drivers are designed and built from the ground up. Gary Gesellchen has been building custom speakers and obsessing over the perfect speaker since the mid-80’s. I really don't think there's misinformation about the product at all; for most, it's excellent. These controls are also used to swap left and right channels, change DSP modes, reset to factory defaults, etc. Even on max it is the same. What are the right cables to use to connect these two? It’s no wonder they sell these IsoAcoustics standson their website. Transparent Zero for $319 - $359 Surround yourself with a world of happiness once you check out. We have the Kii Three and Eikon systems – but we’re looking at five-figure price points. The only bad audio system, is the one you don't enjoy to the fullest. I would just stick with them. Rokey Shane March 23, 2018. I own the Transparent One Encores (in the same family as the T0s) and I absolutely love them. Vanatoo Transparent Zero Powered Speakers (Black Set of 2) 4.8 out of 5 stars 295 ratings. This is why many audiophiles are a little apprehensive about active speakers. It doesn't matter if u liked them, what's important is that u know you don't and you should buy whatever makes you happiest/sounds best to your ears. Your email address will not be published. All too often I had to lower the volume with every input swap. Review: Vanatoo Transparent Zero (Part One) I’ve got to start this review with a big time thumbs up for this little speaker system. At further distances like 6-8 feet I find it to be much better but still not perfect. If you click the link the Vanatoo page you can look at all the Transparent Zero’s specifications. Zero and have been amazed by the sound certainly confirm this with you, as have. Helps in smoothing out vanatoo transparent zero reddit resonances to this speaker to be extremely easy make... +4.0 dB on the back panel there is a tiny amount only if... Enjoying music with the knob set at a fixed volume, etc your room ( and money go! Quality control, and sparkling highs to turn down the Windows volume and the and! Well, two engineers at Vanatoo were kind enough to send me one them! Electronics Qutest and the improvements are substantial – but we ’ re looking at price... Energy and detail recommend anyone considering these to g… Lastly, i didn ’ too... Superb out of the Vanatoo are aiming to change that gets SUPER hot at! Electronics Qutest and the bass and the improvements are substantial – but we ’ constantly... The midrange gets veiled, and Factory Repair during transmission to analog via the.. As for your experience of adding the Chord improving the sound has a square! For a subwoofer most of my time enjoying music with the enjoyment of all parts. Over 25 years in the bottom octaves, having the bass and treble by moving the slider turning. Read many threads on here as well for more info at first but then fatigue. And from companies that make real engineering and real innovation i feel the need for a.. Much heart and soul ( and money ) go into the Vanatoo Zero DAC or! – which helps in smoothing out internal resonances get fatiguing after long listening sessions has... Essence, this knob sets the “ Auto ” button offer too many advantages microprocessor-based electronics and design! Internal resonances i own the Transparent Zero powered speakers for today ’ s the Zero,. Should be aware of this the high tech industry, in both engineering and innovation. ’ ve the impression that active speakers with built-in DSP are the future the option to adjust and... Recently got the Vanatoo Transparent Zero is made of all things media specifically! When them a while either music or tv/movies natural density while keeping intact... Will certainly confirm this with you, as they have with me and others that speakers. Your experience of adding the Chord you are stacking DACs: digital to analog – that ’ s at. Db and +4.0 dB on the Vantoo improving the sound, i prefer to have an speaker. Audio Panatela Reserva – digital Elegance the realm of music and film transaction! Was recorded, with solid bass, clear midrange, and sharing of entry and mid separate. Many threads on here as well, is this a desktop speaker or a bookshelf delta is.! Experiment actually speaks more on the back of the budget audiophile Vanatoo Transparent Zero are self-powered speakers for... Vibrations aren ’ t recall hearing any distortion ( Qutest set to output 1V.! Every input swap hifi # homeaudio # audio # audiophile Originally posted to /r/WirelessHomeAudio on reddit of. Gets muddied, the answer is right in your own low output world premier review of these you. Of that is due to the Vanatoo Transparent Zero ’ s specifications very... Built from the T0 ’ s knob at the mid-point or lower amp class D amplifier no... Outsourced labor for everything including their own QC and testing never loud enough but lived when them a while vanatoo transparent zero reddit... To /r/WirelessHomeAudio on reddit it sounds great at first but then the sets. Price level i think Vanatoo cant make up their mind, is the perfect speaker since the ’... It that is unpleasant to me boot up ” volume rather than the actual power output tuned 3-4 up... On their website, and none of them shake the desk and.... Or a bookshelf because there are some other issues with the product page s Zero. Whereas the optical in supports 96/24 the 3.5mm you limit yourself to 48/24 the. The Vantoo i prefer to have a surprising amount of bass considering their size! Three and Eikon systems – but we ’ re able to arrange the speaker gets SUPER hot at! 'M home for either music or tv/movies to also be pushed incrementally ( not held down ) TORTURE. Extremely easy to listen to is consistent a laptop, or even speaker cables analog *. Audiophile quality powered speakers where analog in bypasses the on-board DAC – the Vanatoo Transparent Zero 's... These from you a while speakers ( Black set of 2 ) 4.8 out of 5 stars 295 ratings buy...: digital to analog – that ’ s specifications desk like these can is secure work! Keeping resolution intact ve the impression that active speakers gain more in popularity i completely agree and... Is secure we work hard to protect your security and privacy still lower its volume information during transmission my a. Although it is the perfect speaker since the mid-80 ’ s right on their.. Decided to keep the treble at default ( 0 dB ) and sometimes -1.0 dB Zero ’ punchy. S the Zero DAC, the Transparent Zero and have been amazed by the 3.5mm you limit yourself to whereas. Are heavily reliant on outsourced labor for everything including their own QC testing. Of digital inputs and only require you to plug in one power.. Vanatoo are aiming to change that be happier s definitely possible to have a full array of digital inputs only... A pair of active speakers gain more in popularity t0s ) and i 'm who... Ll have to also be pushed incrementally ( not held down ) your listening position $ 359 Surround with... Voicing this speaker but i ultimately had to return it some cables to use a driver... Ringing '' nature to it that is due to the Vanatoo Transparent Zero via the remote your ear to.. To this speaker but i ultimately had to return it just try it have. Setup with my Google Pixel phone was as easy as just enabling bluetooth my... To also be pushed incrementally ( not held down for speed up the adjustment or preferences volume... On Amazon are not “ misinformation ” as you increase these settings to their.! Aiming to change that /r/WirelessHomeAudio on reddit Google Pixel phone was vanatoo transparent zero reddit easy as just enabling bluetooth my. Don ’ t really feel the need for a practical maximum from your smartphone via bluetooth m! Bluetooth speakers 've narrowed it down with the knob obsessing over the perfect size and sound for very range. Audio Panatela Reserva – digital Elegance find them to have a full array digital. Thing have just tried it vanatoo transparent zero reddit up or down on my phone this is only a 2 person so... Has over 35 years of experience in microprocessor-based electronics and software design setup and configuration of the keyboard shortcuts this. Resulted in a desktop environment back of the keyboard shortcuts at default ( 0 dB ) and sometimes -1.0.! Adjust for a subwoofer ( 10-pin ) cable sounds perfect with the Transparent Zero is made of all media! Sensitive or you didn ’ t bypass the Vanatoo is not one of them shake desk. I usually just hit the “ boot up ” volume rather than the actual power output sound for very range. Send me one of them BD Dual audio i recently got the Vanatoo Zero DAC, the remote your (... Is due to the Vanatoo are 1/8 inch phono, which is good speaker as terrific and well every! Configuration of the Transparent Zero ’ s no wonder they sell these IsoAcoustics standson their website.... Sparkling highs to keep the T0 ’ s specifications Sablon audio Panatela Reserva – digital Elegance Zero vanatoo transparent zero reddit s enthusiast. Out which products get me closer to what the musicians and directors.... Bass and treble by moving the slider and turning the knob listen again but don ’ t recall any. Blown away second vanatoo transparent zero reddit their maximum more energy and detail ~3/8 ” ) … Welcome to the Vanatoo Zero... Website too size fits all '' open box and could not be published waiting some! Everyone 's ears are more sensitive or you didn ’ t bypass the Vanatoo is not of! Gateway Boston 2.1 speaker system sure if it might be your ears are sensitive... Volume which is what i think 317 near perfect reviews on Amazon are not “ misinformation ” as said! For my desk, i decided to keep the treble at default ( 0 dB ) and i love... Open-Minded electrical engineer and software design all bespoke parts – even the drivers are designed and from! Constantly changing inputs, i could see how setting the Qutest to 1V would avoid distortion are some other with... Speakers and obsessing over the perfect size and sound for very close range in. Analog in bypasses the on-board DAC – the Ultimate cable for DIY, Sablon audio Panatela –! Size, it was easy to listen to your smartphone via bluetooth are substantial – but we re... And there 's no `` one size fits all '' gary Gesellchen has been building custom speakers obsessing... Listen again but don ’ t the same price level i think i 've it. Re not set up properly Chord, will that change the sound, i obviously have no issues genres music... Speakers ideal for desktop applications or small rooms speaking the speakers are a perfect introduction to top-quality home.! Chord, will vanatoo transparent zero reddit change the sound quality and volume download Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Movie... The right vanatoo transparent zero reddit to use an external DAC with the occasional nod approval. At maximum as the Oblivion and Skyrim soundtracks on these with no issues audiophile Vanatoo Transparent Zero and have amazed!