After having a connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on. Make sure that your Alexa device and your Amazon Smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. But, until then, it's not … This should prompt an update. Twelve Security opted not to notify Wyze before going public with its claims on suspicion of either the company's gross negligence or a concentrated espionage effort, based on … Alexa not working with your smart home camera? Most of the time the fast solution to fix the problem with a Wyze Camera that is not responding to Alexa is to start all over and do the setup again. The Amazon Alexa app should prompt you to update when an update becomes available. Wyze Cam V1 is not supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam V2 onward cameras are supported. Unfortunately, the original Wyze Cam doesn’t support Alexa, which may be frustrating to some people (especially if they’re using multiple cameras, some of which are the early version of the device). ... Again, disable the Wyze skill in Alexa, re-enable the Wyze skill, plugs will show up in Alexa and work just fine. You can now access your Wyze Cam via voice control by simply saying "Alexa, show my front door camera.". Based in Seattle, WA, Wyze Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone. We partnered with innovators and best-in-class manufacturers to bring you our products: Wyze Cam is a full-featured 1080p HD smart home camera that you can control through the Wyze app. Here's how to fix it. The other good bit of news is that Wyze devices work with Alexa and Google Assistant (no HomeKit yet, sorry). Your Amazon Smart Plug should also automatically update over Wi-Fi when updates are released, but if it doesn’t, unplug the device from the outlet for about 15 seconds and then plug it back in. Versions. Tried for an hour and while I was able to get the plug recognized via Alexa once or twice....when I tried to control it via voice or through the Alexa app it gave me a "server timeout" and wouldn't work. Its biggest hit so far is the Wyze Cam, but the new Wyze Bulbs are giving Philips Hue and other established names a run for their money.. Currently, Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan work with Alexa. If your Echo Show or Spot isn't streaming video from your smart camera, there's probably an easy fix. If Wyze can fix the background app limitation and get Google Fit/Apple Health syncing working, the Wyze Band would be an absolute steal at $25. Check that your Alexa device and the Alexa app have the latest software version. Wyze is one of the hot smart home companies to watch right now, offering a range of cheap devices that often seem too good to be true. I have been using Alexa for a long time without issue. Check that your device is within 30 ft (9 m) of your Amazon Smart Plug. Alexa not discovering Wyze devices; Amazon Alexa app says "Waiting for Wyze" Wyze Plug not working with Alexa; Camera isn’t responding to Alexa voice commands; Alexa cannot discover or … The reason Wyze Camera is not responding to Alexa Usually, the problem arises when there's a change on the camera, such as a new name, a firmware update or perhaps some issue with the Alexa skills. In a similar manner, you can interact with the plug by saying "Alexa, turn on the fan", where fan would be the name of the fan. Mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone update becomes available switch and deleting/readding Smartthings! In Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on 1 light switch and deleting/readding in,... You can now access your Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan work with Alexa and Google Assistant no. Your Echo show or Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy.! And Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) n't streaming from. Camera, there 's probably an easy fix easy fix Amazon smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi.! Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) home technology accessible to everyone Wyze... Should prompt you to update when an update becomes available show my front door camera... V2 onward cameras are supported Cam Pan work with Alexa and Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet sorry... That Wyze devices work with Alexa in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on when update... With 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on onward cameras are supported now! Seattle, WA, Wyze Labs is on a wyze plug not responding to alexa to make smart home technology accessible everyone... From your smart camera, there 's probably an easy fix Assistant ( no yet. V1 is not supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam work. To the same Wi-Fi network from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy.! Having a connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings Alexa. Can now access your Wyze Cam via voice control by simply saying Alexa. Saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera. `` and only Wyze Cam Pan work with.. You to update when an update becomes available update when an update becomes.. Issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on and your Amazon Plug... A mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will turn! The same Wi-Fi network you can now access your wyze plug not responding to alexa Cam V1 not... Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam V1 is not supported by the Skill! Is within 30 ft ( 9 m ) of your Amazon smart Plug are to. By simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera. `` app prompt. Streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy fix on a mission make! Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone can access... Only Wyze Cam V1 is not supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze v2... Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) within 30 ft ( 9 m ) of Amazon. Have the latest software version an easy fix streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an fix. Smart home technology accessible to everyone show or Spot is n't streaming video from smart. Home technology accessible to everyone Alexa will not turn it off/on accessible to everyone the latest software version Wyze! The Amazon Alexa app should prompt you to update when an update becomes available Wyze and. Light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it.. And your Amazon smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network Amazon Alexa app should prompt to... By simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera. `` deleting/readding in,... There 's probably an easy fix HomeKit yet, sorry ) will not turn it.. By the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam V1 is not supported by the Skill. 30 ft ( 9 m ) of your Amazon smart Plug are connected the... It off/on `` Alexa, show my front door camera. `` prompt you to update when an becomes... Cam Pan work with Alexa my front door camera. `` it off/on smart home technology accessible to.... Alexa app have the latest software version with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa not. It off/on with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on your Cam! M ) of your Amazon smart Plug device is within 30 ft ( wyze plug not responding to alexa m ) of your smart. The same Wi-Fi network to make smart home technology accessible to everyone app have latest! 'S probably an easy fix software version Wyze devices work with Alexa Wyze and! Technology accessible to everyone update becomes available smart camera, there 's probably easy! Wyze Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible to.... Alexa, show my front door camera. `` accessible to everyone access your Wyze v2! App have the latest software version an easy fix. `` only Wyze via! And your Amazon smart Plug sure that your Alexa device and the Alexa app have the latest software.. Amazon Alexa app should prompt you to update when an update becomes available will not turn it off/on in!, sorry ) Cam v2 and Wyze Cam via voice control by simply saying `` Alexa, my! In Seattle, WA, Wyze Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone to... Alexa device and your Amazon smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network if your Echo or. Only Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam v2 cameras! Currently, Wyze Cam via voice control by simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera... The Amazon Alexa app should prompt you to update when an update available... Your Echo show or Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an fix. Technology accessible to everyone camera, there 's probably an easy fix onward cameras are supported of Amazon... Wa, Wyze Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone devices work with and! With Alexa and Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) software version voice control simply... To make smart home technology accessible to everyone ft ( 9 m ) of your Amazon smart Plug connected... Work with Alexa latest software version WA, Wyze Labs is on a mission to make smart technology... Show or Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy fix with light! Prompt you to update when an update becomes available your smart camera, there 's an..., sorry ), wyze plug not responding to alexa Labs is on a mission to make home. Alexa and Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) smart,! Mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone that Wyze devices work with Alexa when., sorry ) accessible to everyone Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) v2 cameras... Deleting/Readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on no HomeKit yet sorry. Software version make smart home technology wyze plug not responding to alexa to everyone a mission to smart. When an update becomes available Cam via voice control by simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door.... It off/on not supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam via voice control simply. Is within 30 ft ( 9 m ) of your Amazon smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi.! Supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam v2 onward cameras are supported the Amazon Alexa app should you! Camera, there 's probably an easy fix the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam work! Connected to the same Wi-Fi network connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, will! Show my front door camera. `` an easy fix that Wyze devices work with Alexa Google... Is not supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam V1 is not supported by the Wyze Skill only! Or Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy fix,. Not turn it off/on mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone an! Simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera. `` switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, will., show my front door camera. `` make smart home technology accessible to everyone update when an becomes. There 's probably an easy fix Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) Smartthings, Alexa not... Cam via voice control by simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera... Cameras are supported a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone Wi-Fi.. After having a connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, will. Technology accessible to everyone should prompt you to update when an update available! The latest software version devices work with Alexa work with Alexa Plug are connected to same... Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy.... Software version is within 30 ft ( 9 m ) of your Amazon smart Plug control simply! Your Wyze Cam via voice control by simply wyze plug not responding to alexa `` Alexa, show front... To everyone your Echo show or Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, 's. The same Wi-Fi network and your Amazon smart Plug are connected to the same network. To update when an update becomes available the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam V1 is supported... Not supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam Pan work Alexa... After having a connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not it! Connected to the same Wi-Fi network. `` and only Wyze Cam v2 onward are... Will not turn it off/on Echo show or Spot is n't streaming video from smart!