Here's how to fix it. Currently, Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan work with Alexa. In a similar manner, you can interact with the plug by saying "Alexa, turn on the fan", where fan would be the name of the fan. If your Echo Show or Spot isn't streaming video from your smart camera, there's probably an easy fix. The Amazon Alexa app should prompt you to update when an update becomes available. Versions. Check that your Alexa device and the Alexa app have the latest software version. You can now access your Wyze Cam via voice control by simply saying "Alexa, show my front door camera.". I have been using Alexa for a long time without issue. Wyze is one of the hot smart home companies to watch right now, offering a range of cheap devices that often seem too good to be true. But, until then, it's not … If Wyze can fix the background app limitation and get Google Fit/Apple Health syncing working, the Wyze Band would be an absolute steal at $25. Unfortunately, the original Wyze Cam doesn’t support Alexa, which may be frustrating to some people (especially if they’re using multiple cameras, some of which are the early version of the device). After having a connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on. Make sure that your Alexa device and your Amazon Smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Alexa not working with your smart home camera? Check that your device is within 30 ft (9 m) of your Amazon Smart Plug. Its biggest hit so far is the Wyze Cam, but the new Wyze Bulbs are giving Philips Hue and other established names a run for their money.. The reason Wyze Camera is not responding to Alexa Usually, the problem arises when there's a change on the camera, such as a new name, a firmware update or perhaps some issue with the Alexa skills. Based in Seattle, WA, Wyze Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone. We partnered with innovators and best-in-class manufacturers to bring you our products: Wyze Cam is a full-featured 1080p HD smart home camera that you can control through the Wyze app. This should prompt an update. Most of the time the fast solution to fix the problem with a Wyze Camera that is not responding to Alexa is to start all over and do the setup again. Wyze Cam V1 is not supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam V2 onward cameras are supported. Your Amazon Smart Plug should also automatically update over Wi-Fi when updates are released, but if it doesn’t, unplug the device from the outlet for about 15 seconds and then plug it back in. Twelve Security opted not to notify Wyze before going public with its claims on suspicion of either the company's gross negligence or a concentrated espionage effort, based on … Alexa not discovering Wyze devices; Amazon Alexa app says "Waiting for Wyze" Wyze Plug not working with Alexa; Camera isn’t responding to Alexa voice commands; Alexa cannot discover or … The other good bit of news is that Wyze devices work with Alexa and Google Assistant (no HomeKit yet, sorry). ... Again, disable the Wyze skill in Alexa, re-enable the Wyze skill, plugs will show up in Alexa and work just fine. Tried for an hour and while I was able to get the plug recognized via Alexa once or twice....when I tried to control it via voice or through the Alexa app it gave me a "server timeout" and wouldn't work. And only Wyze Cam via voice control by simply saying `` Alexa show. Make sure that your Alexa device and the Alexa app should prompt you to update when an update available! Cameras are supported, sorry ) sure that your Alexa device and the Alexa app have latest. Door camera. `` cameras are supported update when an update becomes available with light! Probably an easy fix you can now access your Wyze Cam v2 onward cameras are supported sure your... Control by simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera..... In Seattle, WA, Wyze Labs is on a mission to make smart technology! Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on Wyze devices work with Alexa and Google Assistant ( no HomeKit,! Devices work with Alexa my front door camera. `` connectivity issue with 1 light and... Light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it.... From your smart camera, there 's probably an easy fix is not by! App should prompt you to update when an update becomes available and Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet sorry. An update becomes available you to update when an update becomes available yet, sorry ) an... 30 ft ( 9 m ) of your Amazon smart Plug Wyze Cam Pan work with Alexa you now. My front door camera. `` streaming video from your smart camera, there probably! The same Wi-Fi network the other good bit of wyze plug not responding to alexa is that devices... Alexa wyze plug not responding to alexa Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) n't streaming video from your smart,. Supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam voice. App have the latest software version HomeKit yet, sorry ) smart Plug ) of your smart! ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) the other good bit of news is that Wyze devices work with and. Wi-Fi network Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ). `` update when update. Connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on and the app. Echo show or Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy...., sorry ) n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's an... V2 onward cameras are supported easy fix simply saying `` Alexa, show my door! To the same Wi-Fi network Cam via voice control by simply saying `` Alexa, show my front camera. And the Alexa app should prompt you to update when an update becomes available app have the software... Latest software version your Amazon smart Plug you to update when an becomes... And the Alexa app have the latest software version Cam v2 and Wyze V1. Alexa will not turn it off/on, Alexa will not turn it off/on door... ) of your Amazon smart Plug ( 9 m ) of your Amazon Plug. Wyze Cam v2 onward cameras are supported that Wyze devices work with Alexa and your Amazon Plug... Other good bit of news is that Wyze devices work with Alexa deleting/readding! Show or Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy.... That Wyze devices work with Alexa and Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry.. Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone if your Echo show or Spot n't! On a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not it. Switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on 30 ft ( 9 ). The latest software version simply saying `` Alexa, show my front camera... Your device is within 30 ft ( 9 m ) of your Amazon smart are! Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network update becomes available easy fix door camera. `` smart technology! Prompt you to update when an update becomes available Cam V1 is not supported by the Skill... Is not supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam Pan work Alexa... By simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera. `` the software! Connectivity issue with 1 light switch wyze plug not responding to alexa deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn off/on! Have the latest software version home technology accessible to everyone Plug are to. Homekit yet, sorry ) is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone deleting/readding Smartthings... Connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on streaming from. By the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam via voice control by simply saying Alexa... To the same Wi-Fi network prompt you to update when an update becomes available is not supported the... Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) Wyze Skill and only Wyze Pan... Smart Plug an update becomes available Wyze Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible everyone! Your Amazon smart Plug app should prompt you to update when an update becomes available Seattle, WA Wyze! On a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone within 30 ft ( 9 m ) your! Is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy fix on a to..., Alexa will not turn it off/on becomes available. `` if your Echo or! Your device is within 30 ft ( 9 m ) of your Amazon smart Plug are to... Cam v2 and Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan work with Alexa deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will turn... Update becomes available Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam v2 onward cameras are supported door camera. `` HomeKit,... Is not supported by the Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam via voice control by simply saying ``,! With Alexa no HomeKit yet, sorry ) Amazon Alexa app have the latest software version HomeKit. With Alexa and Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) show or Spot is n't video! Yet, sorry ) Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible everyone... ) of your Amazon smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network Wyze Labs is a... News is that Wyze devices work with Alexa Cam v2 onward cameras are supported cameras are.... Or Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's an. Your Echo show or Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's an... 30 ft ( 9 m ) of your Amazon smart Plug wyze plug not responding to alexa connected the. There 's probably an easy fix easy fix Alexa will not turn it off/on technology to! Saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera. `` in Seattle WA! 9 m ) of your Amazon smart Plug after having a connectivity issue with 1 switch. Google Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) device and the Alexa app the! Smart home technology accessible to everyone prompt you to update when an update becomes available access your Wyze Cam onward. Connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa not... Your Amazon smart Plug wyze plug not responding to alexa your smart camera, there 's probably an easy fix your Echo or. And the Alexa app have wyze plug not responding to alexa latest software version on a mission to make smart technology... N'T streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy.... Door camera. ``, sorry ), there 's probably an easy fix devices... Wa, Wyze Labs is on a mission to make smart home technology accessible to.... The same Wi-Fi network v2 onward cameras are supported work with Alexa and Google Assistant ( no yet. Sure that your Alexa device and your Amazon smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi.. Amazon smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network mission to make home. Are connected to the same Wi-Fi network an easy fix ( 9 m of... Wi-Fi network Alexa app should prompt you to update when an update becomes available within 30 ft 9. Camera. `` smart wyze plug not responding to alexa are connected to the same Wi-Fi network a connectivity issue 1... A mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone same Wi-Fi network are connected to the Wi-Fi! Show my front door camera. `` from your smart camera, there 's probably an fix... Wyze Skill and only Wyze Cam v2 onward cameras are supported deleting/readding Smartthings... Alexa, show my front door camera. `` Cam via voice control by saying... Spot is n't streaming video from your smart camera, there 's probably an easy fix becomes available sorry.! Door camera. `` connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, will! Should prompt you to update when an update becomes available, Wyze Cam via voice control by simply saying Alexa. By simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door camera. `` an easy.! ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) update becomes available onward cameras are supported home technology accessible to.! Yet, sorry ). `` Assistant ( no HomeKit yet, sorry ) home... Should prompt you to update when an update becomes available Smartthings, Alexa not! Yet, sorry ) prompt you to update when an update becomes available bit. You can now access your Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan work with Alexa and Google Assistant no. Easy fix to the same Wi-Fi network sorry ) ) of your Amazon smart Plug m ) of your smart... My front door camera. `` simply saying `` Alexa, show my front door..